Closed Thread
Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone going to WFC (Westmead) #2

MTC - I get so irritated when people harp on about weight. No, it's not ideal - but many of us have reasons behind the higher numbers & making a fuss over weight loss that may not necessarily achieve in pregnancy .. it just annoys me.

So the main difference between our first and second IVF? I took coq10 (only a small dose, 50mg at night and 50mg in morning) and hubs started a basic multivitamin. We were on a slight higher Puregon dose this time. And dr fong had me use crinone + pessaries from the day after retrieval. I've stopped the crinone now, but apparently I have to use the pessaries until 10-12 weeks.

Eating stayed the same, really. Nothing else really changed! Honestly, I think transferring the 5-day blast was better for us than the 3-day. But it's all a bit of luck. I still can't believe this is real.

Today I peed on my last stick, my lone clearblue digital. It's finally moved from 1-2 weeks, to 2-3 weeks. I think our jellybean is a slow grower! Hoping it keeps snuggling in and sticks around. I'm so attached to it already and I'm only 5 weeks tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtochris View Post
    Rosewhite – I’ve gone back to all my notes and I can’t find anything about the fluid in my uterus, expect this from an ultrasound report from last year:

“The uterine contour is mildly distorted by the caesarean scar, with some adhesion of the lower part of the uterine corpus to the upper part of the cervix. Whilst this marginally distorts the lower part of the endometrial cavity, these findings would not ordinarily be associated with infertility.”

I’m going to tell my new FS about the fluid and see what she says, it was never a concern before, just something that I have. I hope I don’t find out this is the cause of my implantation problems, that would be so frustrating.

I have an appointment with The Jocelyn Centre on Friday afternoon, I’m a bit unsure about them as they want you to wait 4 months whilst you are on their preconception program and will want to change my diet and eating habits. I absolutely hate it when people associate fertility problems with weight, I see so many obese/overweight ladies with babies, how come they can fall pregnant and I can’t? So confusing
    I'll be interested to hear what your new FS says about the fluid! Keep us updated!!!

I agree, frustrating when they make it out to be about weight....or alcohol.....or caffeine....or the food you eat....list goes on!!! There are many overweight alcoholics/drugs addicts/junk food eaters/high caffeine drinkers that manage to fall pregnant!!!

mrsjag-Squeeee at the clearblue digital clicking over to the next time period!!! Remember that the clearblue measures weeks from conception, not how many weeks along, so being in the 2-3 week bracket is perfect!

I too take CoQ10. I take 300mg daily +
    2000mg Royal Jelly
    1000iu Vit D

I take these based on research, combined with advice from my friend's FS who is one of the top in his field (Dr Wazza in QLD).

I also take a pregnancy multivitamin.

I have DH on Tribulus, Zinc, Vit E and Maca.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi girls!

I haven't been on here in ages but currently in tww for our 2nd Ivf cycle.. Just wondering if anyone has else has recently used pregnyl 1500? Our 5dt was on the 5/8 & no af as yet but really impatient has blood test isn't until Tuesday :-( is it a good sign that nothing has happened yet? Last cycle I had af within 9 days but trying not up get my hopes up as they said to wait 9 days after last pregnyl injection..

I have my fingers & toes crossed for us all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies!!

Happy Monday to you all - It's my last week at work!!! Feeling a bit aprehensive.. but also excited!!!!

Mrsjag - hope your doing well and feeling great.

MTC - The zoo was a really nice day out the kids had a ball (up until the end of the day when they were tired and whinged a bit) the wind was a pain but when it stopped the sun was amazing. No tinkerbell boat - we thought with the wind might be a bit choppy for a two year old and 7 month old.. so we drove in - I was glad we did by the time we finished my poor little feet were killing me!! not to mention carrying Mia around and she is a chubby little bubba.. lol.. just waiting to here back when my tattooist can fit me in!!!

Rosewhite - what is CoQ10???? All I'm taking is preggo multi-vitamins and now metformin.. do you thinkI should be taking other things???
    Hi to Sharlien, Kylee, Jeanie, Andrea and anyone else I cant think of this early on a Monday morning!!

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm back to WFC early tomorrow morning to pick up more pessaries. Anyone know how much they cost?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone
    Just thought I would pop by quickly to see how everyone is doing. Thank you for my birthday wishes....DH made sure that I has a birthday week of being spoilt. He is awesome.
    I have decided to change to Dr Fong thanks to everyone's advice & feedback. I see her on 6th Sept (my late Mum's birthday!!!) looking forward to the change that's for sure.
    I'm not sure how other's have gone after a cycle with a -ve result but wow those extra hormones made AF very painfull & I have felt a lot of nausea. It's worth it to get my body used to the hormones again. Looking forward to my workout this afternoon......the pain will be good.

Have an awesome remainder of the day

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    I'm back to WFC early tomorrow morning to pick up more pessaries. Anyone know how much they cost?
    Hi Mrs Jag - I was told $5 each with 15 per box :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sharlein123 View Post
    Hi Everyone
    Just thought I would pop by quickly to see how everyone is doing. Thank you for my birthday wishes....DH made sure that I has a birthday week of being spoilt. He is awesome.
    I have decided to change to Dr Fong thanks to everyone's advice & feedback. I see her on 6th Sept (my late Mum's birthday!!!) looking forward to the change that's for sure.
    I'm not sure how other's have gone after a cycle with a -ve result but wow those extra hormones made AF very painfull & I have felt a lot of nausea. It's worth it to get my body used to the hormones again. Looking forward to my workout this afternoon......the pain will be good.

Have an awesome remainder of the day
    My AF after my first negative round was a shocker. I am so glad you're seeing dr fong. She must be having an influx of patients after our group!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jeannie1 View Post
    Hi Mrs Jag - I was told $5 each with 15 per box :-)
    Thanks J! I could not remember the exact $/pessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsjag – thanks for your feedback on what you did differently this cycle. I did take coq10, but I only took it once a day, not twice, so I’ll up my dose next time. So what about after ET, did you do/eat/drink anything differently as well? Of course we are all different, so what works for one may not work for another, but after 5 failed cycles you try anything to help get that emby to stick

Hopingforbub2 – so great you’re in your TWW, hope your emby is making a nice home inside . Sorry, have never used Pregnyl. Good luck with tomorrow’s blood test – is it with WFC because I though they just made us use HPTs instead of BTs?

Jems – so glad to hear you had a great day out at the zoo, driving in sounds more relaxing than a bumpy tinker bell boat ride I take coq10 to help with egg quality. It's amazing what you learn from BH

Sharlein – so wonderful you have booked in to see Dr Fong, sounds like a nice day to see her, I’m sure your mum will be looking down and sending you her love . I usually get AF pains anyway, but after a BFN the hormones getting out of my system play more with my moods/emotions than period pain. Hope you had a fantastic workout (I write whilst eating a leftover slice of pizza)

Hello everyone else