Closed Thread
Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Rosewhite: Unfortunately they are not really close at all.. probably half an hour away from each other. I think it just might not work. I think I just need to focus on doing ivf for now. Bit of a shame though. I'm so sorry for your news too.. this is such an unfair journey. x

Thanks for the responses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a shame beanie

I'm lucky that WFC is on the way to my work and only 10mins from there.

Hugs I hope you can find another job that is perfect for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happy Friday everyone

Jems – is today your last day at work? Thank goodness you don’t have to see that pregnant ditz anymore, so glad you answered her back, what a twit . Hope they are giving you a great send off, did you end up selling enough drinks? So exciting there is a new job to look forward to. Hopefully it’s the start of many other new things. How’s the swimming? How’s the tatt, coloured in yet? Was it you that was watching the Nascar a few weeks ago, OMG I just love those suits the guys wear, and when they have their sunnies on, ooh la la

MrsJag – such fantastic news, I’m so glad the results are finally in and is positive . In a way, I’m glad the results were delayed (I mean that in a nice way) as you can see the HCG is rising, otherwise those days you were anxiously waiting would have turned out into a nightmare. I hope little Eric/Erica behaves him/herself for the next 8 months or so, it’s so exciting. I think I can speak on behalf of everyone that we have lived and breathed through this BFP, so we can’t wait to hear how everything goes. (I hope you don’t mind me naming your bub already, I just love that little jumpsuit you had with Eric the Eel on it)

Lilly – thank you so much for sharing your news on your previous FS. I read a lady say in the other thread that Dr Gayer isn’t very good, I’m so glad you’re seeing Dr Fong now. She sounds much more interested in helping you get pregnant. Dr Gayer still hasn’t returned your call yet, what a rude b!tch, plus she didn’t even mention you have PCOS/PCO, WTH? I don’t know much about it, but Dr Fong sounds like she knows what she’s talking about. I heard PICSI is great too, I hope this is your turn now, so great you’re feeling more hopeful after seeing her

Kylee – I just love your new car. I can totally see you driving around looking all hot and sexy , can’t wait for the baby seat in the back, then you would really be a yummy mummy. Happy birthday too , have a couple of glasses of wine/beer/whatever you fancy. I’m a West Coast cooler girl myself, but haven’t had one in ages. Have you thought about what you would like to do, what’s your plans with IVF? Another cycle?

Beanie – hope AF arrives next Wednesday for you. Yes, as the other ladies said, when doing a long cycle you do start off taking the pill (weird hey) then when your following AF arrives you would have started either synarel or lucrin. Yes, it’s definitely hard to make future plans when doing IVF. DH is working away at the end of Sept so I want to try and organise a cycle when he gets back. Anyway, Dr Bradbury sounds great so I’m sure you’ll have all these questions answered when you see her next week. In regards to your question about BTs, I usually have blood taken around 4 times during a cycle. I get there at 6.30am, but just as long as you have it taken by 9am it should be good. Maybe the new job can be flexible to allow you to come in late

Rosewhite – I am so upset that your FET was cancelled today , that’s not fair, how come you weren’t told about the fluid in your uterus earlier? I have fluid in my uterus (it’s been there ever since one of the nurses’ discovered it over 12 months ago and I’ve done 3 cycles since then). I was told that the fluid wouldn’t impact on my fertility, but was something to keep an eye of if I ever do get pregnant. I hope you’re having a nice you day today and relaxing , hopefully not getting blown away with this crazy wind

Sharlein – I’m so sorry to hear you had a BFN , that totally is unfair. Miracles can still happen so I don’t want you to lose hope, even if age is not on your side, I’ve heard it happening to mature ladies, so why not you? You are so lovely to always send us angels when we need it, I love angels, I have a few around my house. I’m sending you some angels too to help give you hope and strength. Have you made an appointment to see your FS again? Sorry I missed your birthday yesterday, so happy belated birthday , best wishes to you. I hope you had a nice day, I know it was probably hard, but it’s important to treat yourself once in a while. I love the sound of the Michelle Bridges diet, how do you do it, is it online? Would love to give it a go

Hello Lynlee, Andrea, Jeannie and anyone else reading along

AFM – well, after feeling sorry for myself all week and having a few days with a blocked nose and sleepless nights, I’m starting to get back into the swing of things. I do have delayed reactions to things, but going to a family gathering on Sunday and DH’s aunty shoving her new grandson on my lap was a bit much to take.

Has anyone heard of The Jocelyn Centre for Natural Fertility (http://www.fertility.com.au/)? I was recommend to this place from the wife of DH’s boss who is a naturopath. They apparently can help couples who have had unsuccessful IVF attempts and multiple miscarriages, as well as anyone TTC in general. I’ve heard they are similar to the Sharkey’s Centre in QLD, probably have to take herbs and pay a fortune for them. Our first appointment is free, so I don’t have to commit to anything just yet.

I would like to try one more time with IVF by the end of the year. If that is another failure I’m going to have to accept it and just give up on my dream of expanding my little family. I never thought when we started TTC nearly 5 years ago (and 5 IVF cycles later) that in 2012 I still wouldn’t have another baby. Obviously no matter what I do, what I eat, how many FS’s I see, etc, I just can’t have any more children. To be honest, I think deep down I know nothing will change for me, but for some unknown reason I just can’t give up without trying one more time. Did you know my last cycle cost just under $300, what a bargain. The money went straight back onto our mortgage, so not all is bad.

I’m a bit excited as my work is having a trivia night tonight and I totally rock at trivia. I’m going to make some custard fruit tarts (cos who doesn’t love a tart), so better go and get them prepared. Hope it’s not a late night as I have to rock up to work in the morning.

Talk soon everyone

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone going to WFC (Westmead) #2

MTC - you are so strong! To be able to handle all the disappointments with such grace.. you are an inspiration. I'm praying for you and sending so many good wishes your way.

The Eric/Erica thing made me laugh. I've started calling it our jellybean, since I wore my lucky jellybean socks to EPU and Transfer!
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    MTC - you are so strong! To be able to handle all the disappointments with such grace.. you are an inspiration. I'm praying for you and sending so many good wishes your way.

The Eric/Erica thing made me laugh. I've started calling it our jellybean, since I wore my lucky jellybean socks to EPU and Transfer!
    OMG your socks are so cool, I love them, they totally beat my Hot Stuff socks

Although I bet you don't always sing when you wear them "I'm looking for some hot stuff baby this evening, I'm looking for some hot stuff baby tonight. I'm looking for some hot stuff baby this evening, gotta get some hot stuff, gotta get some love tonight"

hot stuff sox.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone –

Hope your all having nice Fridays..

Beanie – My FET cycle I had bloods every second day for nearly two weeks – but we weren’t sure at all of O day as my cycles are quite long. I don’t think I’ll need that many next time.

Mrsjag – That’s a nice big jump! so happy - have they told you what date they will U/S you?
    P.S those Jelly bean socks are the coolest things I have ever seen!! I need to gets me a pair of those!!! J

Lily – I’m so glad that your appointment went well!! I didn’t know there was two different types of PCOS – I was just told I had it.. :S A positive feeling helps a lot. Xx

Rosewhite – I’m sorry – hopefully next month is your month.. sending big hugs xxx

MTC – My last day is next Friday – still another week to drag my sorry @ss through. I need to sell about another ½ a million $$ worth before I leave to hit budget for August.. so I should reallyget my butt into gear – (just in case I ever need to get a job back here) As much as I love preggo that I work with.. OMG I’ve never heard someone complain so much.. she is whinging today about carrying ALL the extra weight.. oh my you are now 10 weeks..grr just annoying. Tatt is wonderful.. all healed up colour I think next weekend! It was probably me and NASCAR or listening to Sprintcar’s from the USA. Racing is my life most of my friends and my family race sprintcars.. there are def some cute boys in the pits in their racesuits. Lol
    And now I can’t stop singing “hot stuff” in my head!!! Gonna be stuck all night I can see it! lol

Hi To anyone I’ve missed – someone please make this wind and rain stop I’m supposed to be going to the Zoo tomorrow with my friends and their kids!!! Stupid weather!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JemJems For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mumtochris-They only found the fluid in my uterine lining on Wednesday when I had an ultrasound. Interesting that you said yours was discovered quite a while back and that you were told it wouldn't affect fertility, because Dr Bradbury consulted with a bunch of doctors and Cecelia at a meeting Wednesday night about it and it was decided to cancel my cycle. Is your fluid in the uterine lining? Or elsewhere?

That fertility centre looks interesting. You'll have to let us know how you go at your first appointment!

mrsjag-I love your socks! "Jellybean" is a cute nickname

Jem-I hate listening to pregnant women complain I'm sure I'll do my share of complaining though when I finally get pregnant (will make sure to complain LOUDLY to those same people who are complaining now )

I hope the rain and wind is turned off before tomorrow's trip to the zoo!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, I need me some of those 'Hot Stuff' socks. I got the jellybean ones in a Dulux showbag... don't even ask me how long I've had 'em. It's been a while. The nurses at the clinic thought I was crazy, since I requested I bring them to transfer. You can bet your butt that I'll be wearing them to our first ultrasound.

Which... has been booked for September 4th. Crazy pants!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone going to WFC (Westmead) #2

Me to rosewhite... My friends daughter Chloe is very excited that we will be on the tinker bell boat (I told her we were going on the ferry) she's so adorable.lol

Mrsjag- do exciting that you have the date. definitely wear your jellybeans. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosewhite View Post
    Mumtochris-They only found the fluid in my uterine lining on Wednesday when I had an ultrasound. Interesting that you said yours was discovered quite a while back and that you were told it wouldn't affect fertility, because Dr Bradbury consulted with a bunch of doctors and Cecelia at a meeting Wednesday night about it and it was decided to cancel my cycle. Is your fluid in the uterine lining? Or elsewhere?

That fertility centre looks interesting. You'll have to let us know how you go at your first appointment!
    Rosewhite – I’ve gone back to all my notes and I can’t find anything about the fluid in my uterus, expect this from an ultrasound report from last year:

“The uterine contour is mildly distorted by the caesarean scar, with some adhesion of the lower part of the uterine corpus to the upper part of the cervix. Whilst this marginally distorts the lower part of the endometrial cavity, these findings would not ordinarily be associated with infertility.”

I’m going to tell my new FS about the fluid and see what she says, it was never a concern before, just something that I have. I hope I don’t find out this is the cause of my implantation problems, that would be so frustrating.

I have an appointment with The Jocelyn Centre on Friday afternoon, I’m a bit unsure about them as they want you to wait 4 months whilst you are on their preconception program and will want to change my diet and eating habits. I absolutely hate it when people associate fertility problems with weight, I see so many obese/overweight ladies with babies, how come they can fall pregnant and I can’t? So confusing

Jems – how was the Zoo yesterday, apart from the wind it was a beautiful sunny day, I hope you all had a great day, especially the ride in on the tinker bell boat. Happy last week at work. Can’t wait to see how your tattoo looks when it’s all coloured in

MrsJag – how have you been? Was thinking if you could share anything that you or your DH did/ate/drank for this cycle that helped with a BFP?