Closed Thread
Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jems – My FS doesn’t test for NK cells, not sure why, but I’m seeing a reproductive immunologist soon so I’ll get him to test for all that stuff. So sorry to read your weight loss frustration. As Mrsjag said a loss is still a loss, but I know you’ve put in a lot of effort and you’re not seeing the right results

Mrsjag – how have you been doing/feeling, has it sunk in yet? I’m sure you’re little jellybean is having fun inside, growing away. Do you have an estimated date of birth in April? I suppose you don’t have to go to WFC anymore, are you seeing an Ob/gyn?

Kylee – I totally understand taking a break from the hub, and by the look of things so do a lot of us, which is a little sad but necessary at times to regroup and focus on ourselves. How’s the weight loss going? I’m surprised you need to but if that’s what Dr Fong wants then do it. I am truly sad to hear you believe you are at the end of your journey. I know you are about to start your 9th cycle, hope AF arrives on time on Friday and then you will go again in October. I hope that this cycle is your lucky last.

Rosewhite – did you have your FET last Friday??? I hope you did and you’re PUPO by now . Hope all your fluid is gone now. I will check at my upcoming appointment if my FS saw any fluid when I had my surgery. If not, I’ll mention it the next time I have an ultrasound at WFC. I really want the fluid drained, regardless of whether or not it’s harmful, I don’t want it there.

Lilly – I also love to hear about your appointments with Dr Fong, you sound so positive. Wow, I’ve never had an FS call me, she sounds so involved with her patients. I’m going to see a reproductive immunologist soon so I’m not sure if I have any antibodies, or low B12, I can see more blood tests coming up, which is good but not so good with my bad veins. Glad your PCOS and other results came back fine. Have you started your antagonist cycle yet? Good luck.

Andrea – your cycle should start soon, I’m sure you’ll be an expert with injections, once you do the first one you’ll be fine. You can always practice on an orange or a teddy bear before you do your first one. In regards to your question about alcohol, no nurses or FS has ever said not to drink any (and let’s face it, how many girls drink alcohol not knowing they are pregnant, even some that do). Maybe a drink here or there may be harmless but if you can avoid it, it is probably recommended.

Jeannie – hope everything is going well with you

Sharlein – hope you’re doing well and getting prepared for your next cycle in November, it will be here before you know it!

Lynlee – how’s your antagonist cycle going, is EPU soon? Good luck with PICSI. In regards to DHEA it is good to help with egg quality, but hopefully this cycle works for you don’t need it. Did you manage to find an acupuncturist? I’ve also heard good things about Health Dimensions in Bella Vista (and they’re also in Windsor) http://www.healthdimensions.com.au/a/645.html

I hope I haven’t forgotten anyone, I’m so sorry if I have. Take care

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

andreasoe84  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBase View Post

Mrsjag – how have you been doing/feeling, has it sunk in yet? I’m sure you’re little jellybean is having fun inside, growing away. Do you have an estimated date of birth in April? I suppose you don’t have to go to WFC anymore, are you seeing an Ob/gyn?
    Hey! Thanks for thinking of us! It's still early, but I think we're doing ok. Hard to know, really, but I'm just praying all is good with the wee jellybean. We hit 9 weeks today! I saw WFC after our scan a few weeks ago, but they don't have much to do with you after that. We're booked in to see an OB as of next week, so that's exciting! Our EDD is April 22nd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

AceOfBase - Yeah I actually have a little bit of a crush on Dr Fong she is that good.....haha. Seriously a million times better then our old FS who did nothing. Dr Fong has been amazing so far and really does take an interest. Apart from calling me, she made sure all our other tests were up to date and then wrote a long and details letter to our GP and sent us a copy. Never had that before either!! We are still waiting for AF to arrive so haven't started yet but getting closer. Can't wait to get going again. It will be interesting as this is going to be a completely different cycle so hoping for much better results. Not sure I'm up for the heartbreak again. Just want our bubba......now please.....haha.

MrsJag - WOW 9 weeks already. That is soooo exciting It will go so fast and it'll be April before you know it. Hopefully you keep feeling good.

JemJems - oh hun that just sucks. Weight loss is the hardest It is so easy to put weight on (I look at an apple and seem to put on 5 kgs) but so so so damn hard getting it off again. Looks like you have been chucking everything at it and giving it your best, and that is all you can do. I would speak to your Dr again and maybe the nurses. I don't think it's fair that they won't let you cycle again until you lose a few kg. Seems silly to me!! Either way you have been doing a great job and should be really proud of yourself.

Lynlee -how are you going with this cycle? Did you have your scan yesterday? Anymore news on when you EPU will be? Hopefully they sort out the timing for you. It sucks they are not open every day and just have to slot you in sometimes. I am sure it'll all work out perfect though. Have everything crossed for you.

Rosewhite
    - how are you travelling? Are you PUPO??

Big hello to Jeannie, Kylee, Andrea, Sharlein and anyone else I have missed! Hope you are all good x

AFM - waiting, waiting, waiting for AF to arrive. Should be here any day now and then we start our antagonist cycle. Hopefully this is the one for us......really can't stand this whole not knowing if it will ever work thing. ahhhhhh. Other then that am feeling good and just waiting to get going

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone,

aceofbase- thanks for thinking of me. How are you doing? where are you at in the cycle at the moment?

jems - im so sorry that your weight loss journey has not worked for you. Are you allowed to take medications to help you lose the weight? I know a few ppl that have been prescribed Duromine (not ppl trying to get pregnant though) for weight loss and they lost a tonne of weight on it. It supresses you apprteitie and speeds up your metabolism at the same time? I wonder if you could go on that for a month or so? Has this even been discussed as an option? Are you PCOS? Have you tried Metformin?

kylee - WOW i totally understand the need for a break and my heart goes out to you for having to go through 8 cycles of IVF. That is so unfair. I have everything crossed for you for this cycle though.

rose - did you get you FET? how are you feeling?

afm - well i have officially begun my IVF cycle as of yesterday. My af arrived on Sunday and i was booked in for monday morning to collect my meds.
    I actually administered my first injection there and then with the nurses and i literally could not even feel the needle going in at all so yeah anxiety over nothing. Am pumped to do my first injection on my own tonight. I took my mum with me yesterday in case I couldnt do it to myself but as i said it was totally fine so no need for her to do it for me. My husband is away this week for work so thats a shame but hell be back next week when all the exciting things start to happen.
    So my schedule is injection every day then 2 starting friday, blood test saturday, ultrasound next monday/tuesday and hopefully egg retrieval next thursday/friday. Am really just hoping I respond normally to the stims cause the nurse kept emphaising to me how high a risk I am of overstimulating and i need to be very careful looking out for the symptoms of OHSS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in to say thanks for thinking of me ladies <3

Yes, I'm officially PUPO I'll be testing on Saturday at 12DPO.

Sending everyone a bunch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBase View Post
    Lynlee – how’s your antagonist cycle going, is EPU soon? Good luck with PICSI. In regards to DHEA it is good to help with egg quality, but hopefully this cycle works for you don’t need it. Did you manage to find an acupuncturist? I’ve also heard good things about Health Dimensions in Bella Vista (and they’re also in Windsor) http://www.healthdimensions.com.au/a/645.html
    Hi, EPU is Thurs!! arghh!! its been rushed forward.. thanks for the reco re acupunture... ill have to give it a miss, as I couldn't book something in soon enough...

Girls, can I please have your honest opinions!! this was such a dilemma today...
    I started 250iu puregon last Tuesday night... US on Monday showed at least 10 follies on each side, but all but 3 were too small... so they said EPU would be monday, and after my BT result, texted me to say to drop to 225iu puregon...

Anyway Dr Fong rang today to say she has been thinking long and hard about this, and Im not in a good situation... Monday is too far away, and she thinks we might end up like last time, with lots of eggs but of not very good quality, as it was 12 days of stimulation... The alternative is to go with my 3 leading follicles (which were 15 and 16mm on Monday) and do EPU Thurs... I would be looking at only maybe 3 eggs (maybe 5 if we're lucky, or maybe less than 3)... but she feels we might get better quality (this is just an educated guess though)... The other risk with waiting till Monday is my progesterone might be too high and it will have to be a freeze all cycle (if we even get fertilisation)...

She recommends Thurs... but Im absolutely petrified of getting no eggs at all!!!

What do you think you would have done?? part of me wants to wait until Monday to get better numbers, but part of me wants Thurs because that is what Dr Fong is recommending.. we are going with Thurs... but would any of you had of chose Monday???

God Im so worried about this

Sorry for the me post...
    Mrsjag glad to hear all is going well...
    ill try pop on soon and do some more personals

Thanks
    Reviews
    Such a tough call, you know? I trust Dr. F - she recommended the longer trigger and although we got less eggs, they were GOOD eggs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsjaguar For This Useful Post:

Lynlee  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lynlee - I would go with what Dr Fong thinks! I have had lots of eggs both times (17) and then (11) but they have ended up being not that great quality. Where as I see so many girls that only have a few eggs, but they are GREAT quality and they end up with a BFP.....just like MrsJag. Its so hard knowing what is right and wrong and if it will work or not. But we just have to put our faith in the FS and hope that our bodies do the right thing. I have everything crossed for you xx
    Last edited by Lillystar; 20-09-2012 at 13:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lynlee - how are you going hun? How did EPU go today? Hope you are feeling ok x

Hi to everyone else!!

AFM - day 1 for me today. I start jabbing tomorrow. So off we go again.....hoping we get to tranfer something this time and of course also hoping for a BFP!! Think I am going to be in the same position as you though Lynlee because of the long weekend public holiday I think my dates are going to be all stuffed up as they probably won't do EPU on that day will they?
    Last edited by Lillystar; 20-09-2012 at 13:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Lilly! I hope this cycle brings you LOTS of positive things.

Lynlee, how'd you go??? I've been thinking of you all day!