Closed Thread
Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone going to WFC (Westmead) #2

Thats great new Mrsjag -
    There is a sticky on the front of the IVF forum with HCG levels vs DPO.
    It says:
    At 17 DPO, the average HCG level is 132 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-429 mIU/ml.

So I would say that number is great!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JemJems View Post
    Thats great new Mrsjag -
    There is a sticky on the front of the IVF forum with HCG levels vs DPO.
    It says:
    At 17 DPO, the average HCG level is 132 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-429 mIU/ml.

So I would say that number is great!!!!!
    I saw that! Made me smile. But then I saw the betabase one where it's higher, so I started worrying again. Until hubby sent me a text message telling me to RELAX (for the love of the embryo!) and so I'm just being happy right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! That is awesome mrsjaguar!! Very exciting... gives us all a little hope!

I am here to ask you girls another question. I have applied for a new job that involves early morning (as in very early 5-6am starts). And i just got a call back about it today.. but i am just Not sure if it will work with ivf?!

How many blood tests did you girls have to do? I have been told it varies, but i am just interested in your experiences. For the frozen cycles do you ever need to do blood tests, or is it only that initial ivf cycle that you have to.

IVF is our main priority... but I am also super keen about this job??! Any tips or advice? I am concerned about tiredness too whilst doing ivf.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I just don't know anyone doing IVF in my life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally heard from GP. Monday's hCG was 25. Today's was 238. That's a big increase in 3 days. Praying it keeps going - though I won't be getting more blood tests done to see!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Anyone going to WFC (Westmead)

Oh Mrsjag that is fantastic. Keep doing what you are doing hun. Congrats. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beanie - I think I only had two blood tests this cycle? But I think it might usually be around 3?

Sharlein
    - how has your birthday been?

Hi to everyone else

AFM – well we just got back from an appointment with our new FS Dr Fong and it was soooooooooo good. My old FS only gave us about 5 mins of time at each appointment, didn’t explain anything and didn’t let us ask questions and still hasn't called back after Saturday's devestaing no fert. She also neglected to tell me I had POC (even though she knew that as she passed the info onto my Dr Fong). So Dr Fong is sending me for more testing to see if I have POCS not just POC (does anyone know the difference?) She is also doing genetic testing and changing us from a long down to antagonist cycle in the hope we get less eggs but better quality ones (we appear to get lots of eggs but not the best quality as I have low estrogen? – again not explained in anyway by our old FS). We will also be doing PICSI this time as well to pick the best spermies. Feeling hopefull of a better outcome and feeling really good about the switch of FS.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillystar For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Lilly, I am SO happy for you. I'm so glad things went well with Dr. Fong. It's good she's being proactive and changing things up for you. x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsjaguar For This Useful Post:

Lillystar  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    I am here to ask you girls another question. I have applied for a new job that involves early morning (as in very early 5-6am starts). And i just got a call back about it today.. but i am just Not sure if it will work with ivf?!

How many blood tests did you girls have to do? I have been told it varies, but i am just interested in your experiences. For the frozen cycles do you ever need to do blood tests, or is it only that initial ivf cycle that you have to.

IVF is our main priority... but I am also super keen about this job??! Any tips or advice? I am concerned about tiredness too whilst doing ivf.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I just don't know anyone doing IVF in my life.
    I had I think 3-4 blood tests for each IVF cycle and 1 blood test for FET. The clinic says you can come in between 6.30-9.30am for blood tests. Do you work nearby? Would you be able to go out for a morning tea break for blood tests? They are usually pretty quick for them

mrsjag-Wooohooooo! Those HCG numbers are great!!!

Lilly-WOW! What a big difference with Dr Fong!!! so happy for you! Fingers crossed for your next cycle!

AFM- Tomorrow's FET has been cancelled

Had a call to say that they found fluid in my uterus lining and that it was best to cancel the cycle. I spoke to Dr Bradbury who said it should clear up on its own.

Boo I felt so so positive about this cycle too! I have gone home from work. Didn't want to be there. And a replacement had already been organised for me tomorrow for the FET, so I'm just going to stay home anyway and have a mental health day.
    Last edited by Rosewhite; 16-08-2012 at 19:51.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosewhite For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone going to WFC (Westmead) #2

Bugger Rose. That sucks. Look after yourself tomorrow. I had a ME day today and feel much better for it.

This thread is so tiny now!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsjaguar For This Useful Post:

Rosewhite  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rosewhite - oh you poor thing Thinking of you lovely x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillystar For This Useful Post:

Rosewhite  (17-08-2012)