Closed Thread
Page 75 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calicocat View Post
    I'm so sorry some of us are going through such a tough time.
    I so hope you all get good news soon, you certainly deserve it
    Imagine how loved and wanted those little ones will feel knowing how much you went through to bring them into the world

I'm on cd10 so it's pretty much business time.
    I have a quick question for J if you don't mind, or anyone with more of a clue than me.
    Tomorrow I have a dentist appt, I have a molar that's been giving me trouble. It will be cd11 for me, should I let the dentist know I'm ttc? Would there be any risk at this stage?
    I don't know whether I'll be getting X-rays or anything at this point.
    Hope you all have better days today
    Good question...
    1. At CD11 there is no risk to the foetus, because there is no foetus at this point.
    2. However, Xrays can cause DNA damage to your ovaries and breasts, so ask them to put a "lead gown" over your pelvis and breasts. They wont ask why, it is pretty standard practice.
    Good question. I often work in an operating theatre where lots of Xrays are taken...I have always covered up my girly parts, even though the risk is minimal.
    J.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

calicocat  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Calicocat I only told the dentist I might be pregnant when I was in the 2ww so unsure if yes or no.

Well in sitting at fs clinic waiting to get more bloods. 1st nurse is pregnant!! Talk about a slap in the face!!! She can't get blood. Have 2 wait for 2nd nurse to start... She can't get blood had to wait for 3rd nurse to start!!! I'm soooo late for work
    That sucks! Why could they not get blood from you?

Yes I've been late in a few times over the last couple of weeks too as keep being told I need to come for blood tests before 9am. Today was really hard, as DH started his new job and is no longer a SAHD to our DS. He also needs the car every day to get to work. So I had to catch a bus at 7:30, take DS to childcare and after dropping him off, hop on another bus at 8am to get into work. I was cheeky and picked up a work car to get me to the FS before 9am for bloods. I am exhausted already! Sure all this rushing around isn't good for TTC! But fx my results at 2pm will show my oestrogen has gone up even more and they will tell me go in for my trigger shot this afternoon. I would rather have the trigger than not, even though my LH is ok, because after so long not O'ing I want to make sure it will happen!!! We DTD last night, and will again tonight and tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default TTC and not wanting to move #2

Good luck bond

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

On the last day of AF today. This was our third full month trying, so onto the fourth now. Like most of you I am also wondering if something is wrong even though it's only a quarter of the 12 months they say to try for.

I got pre-conception bloods done and everything was fine, am taking Elevit, my partner is on Menevit and I take other herbal supplements to try and boost fertility.

I've just bought some OPK's so will be using them this month. My partner is about to go away for over 2 months for a business trip so if we don't get it now it won't be until next year

I am going to look into acupuncture also to regulate my cycles as they've been all over the place.

I really hope that we can all get a BFP soon, reading some of these posts is heart breaking. I am definitely getting sick of crying every time AF arrives!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so excited!!! Just got my blood test results and oestrogen is 1124 and LH 30. Gone up loads since yesterday. So I am going in for a trigger shot at 3pm. We BD last night, so also going to BD tonight, tomorrow night and Saturday morning (if possible before DS wakes up!). This will be my first ovulation since I got UTD with my son 2.5 years ago! I am so glad I changed FS as if I had stayed with the other guy I would have just the normal day 21 progesterone like he wanted, it would have been <2 so I would have been told I didn’t ovulate, rather than the truth which is it’s about to happen! And would have missed the boat. So much happier and more informed with this regular testing.

Will be busy the next couple of nights then! haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hi ladies here's a question for you. If we have to go down the path of a fs are they going to flat out refuse to help us because we are overweight?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    I am so excited!!! Just got my blood test results and oestrogen is 1124 and LH 30. Gone up loads since yesterday. So I am going in for a trigger shot at 3pm. We BD last night, so also going to BD tonight, tomorrow night and Saturday morning (if possible before DS wakes up!). This will be my first ovulation since I got UTD with my son 2.5 years ago! I am so glad I changed FS as if I had stayed with the other guy I would have just the normal day 21 progesterone like he wanted, it would have been <2 so I would have been told I didn’t ovulate, rather than the truth which is it’s about to happen! And would have missed the boat. So much happier and more informed with this regular testing.

Will be busy the next couple of nights then! haha
    Good luck bond!! That's amazing news!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheffry For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles1984 View Post
    Hi ladies here's a question for you. If we have to go down the path of a fs are they going to flat out refuse to help us because we are overweight?
    Certainly not. There is no weight pre-requisite. Any good doctor should encourage healthy living, but that's where it ends.
    Being underweight is more likely to affect fertility than being overweight.
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you J. J you are an amazing women. The strength you have to help all of us out while ttc your own bubba is inspiring. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles1984 View Post
    They can tell you to lose the weight and give you options but I can't see how they can refuse you as that is discrimination