Closed Thread
Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Button - Bummer Af arrived

Shelby - Fingers crossed this is your month then!!

Bubbles - My DH has a low sperm count and low mortility too so they are looking at IVF or ISCI for us starting next cycle...

Good luck tomorrow Tormy!!!! I have a good feeling for you, lets hope Im correct!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

shelby27  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC and not wanting to move #2

Hi waiting! The doc said something about harvesting dhs sperm and inserting into me. I'm not sure if that's isci or it's iui! So confusing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles1984 View Post
    Hi waiting! The doc said something about harvesting dhs sperm and inserting into me. I'm not sure if that's isci or it's iui! So confusing
    IUI is "intra-uterine insertion", which involves making some modifications to your hubby's sperm to get the best sample, and inserting it into you via the cervix.
    ICSI is a part of IVF "intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection", which means they harvest your ovum, and inject microscopically a single healthy sperm directly into the cytoplasm (substance) of your ovum, then put the whole thing back into you.
    It really depends on the results of your hubby's sperm analysis. The FS will be able to guide you in the right direction.
    J.
    Last edited by J37; 29-08-2012 at 02:14.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies
    I have been reading along but don't have the time to respond as the post moves so fast!!
    I hve a question though, I had a positive opk on fri/sat so I would assume I ovulated on sat/sun, according to the apps I shouldn't not have ovulated until today 3 days later, does this mean anything? Have I ovulated to early? today is cd15
    I changed the days I took clomid this month doing 3-7 rather than 5-10, would this have stretched out my cycle and now with the pill change brought it back?
    I also haven't felt any O pains or twinges as I have done in the last few months.

Sorry for those getting the bfn, good luck to those testing this week!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubbles - yes IUI is intra-uterine insemination. The reason they are looking at ICSI I for DH and I is because not only does DH have a low sperm count, many of them are abnormal and have no idea where they are going!!! So they want to inject them straight in to my eggs.

Hope the FS can help you with some info about your options

good luck today Tormy!!!

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hey. IUI is what I'll be doing. Washed sperm is flushed right up into the uterus at ovulation time. I would think, if your DP had a low sperm count, they'd be doing ICSI, not IUI as IUI has basically the same success rate as natural pregnancy - the sperm still needs to find the egg.

IUI is mostly used by same sex couples, couples using donor sperm (where the female has no fertility issues) etc.

But I could be off base!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi j and waiting. Thanks for the info. Still in a bit of shock. Wasn't really expecting it. Do you ladies know what sort of costs are involved

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    Hi ladies
    I have been reading along but don't have the time to respond as the post moves so fast!!
    I hve a question though, I had a positive opk on fri/sat so I would assume I ovulated on sat/sun, according to the apps I shouldn't not have ovulated until today 3 days later, does this mean anything? Have I ovulated to early? today is cd15
    I changed the days I took clomid this month doing 3-7 rather than 5-10, would this have stretched out my cycle and now with the pill change brought it back?
    I also haven't felt any O pains or twinges as I have done in the last few months.

Sorry for those getting the bfn, good luck to those testing this week!!!!!
    I wouldn't read too much into what the apps say. I'd be going with the OPKs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bubbles, sorry to hear your DH got that result. Could he start taking menevit and making any lifestyle changes to boost his count as much as possible? I have a colleague who got UTD on ICSI due to low count and she now has twin boys.

Tormy- good luck with those results. I am anxious for you!

AFM- Had an ultrasound today (CD22) and have one follie of 16mm on my right ovary. She said that was good, anything over 14mm is positive, but needs to get a bit bigger. So hoping this one will mature some more in next couple of days. Waiting to get my BT results this afternoon to see if my oestrogen has gone up some more. I am really shocked this might be finally happening!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi bond girl. I got him to start taking menevit today. He's got to do the test again coz he spilled it and didnt tell me. I'm just trying to get some information. I guess I didn't even think that going down another path would be an option. A bit naive I guess.