Default TTC and not wanting to move #2

Quote Originally Posted by tormy View Post
    It could be from ovulating. Some ppls do bleed a lil when they ovulate
    It's a bit strange!! I've never had bleeding between afs before

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Just wondering what am I looking for when temping?
    OK, so let's start with the basics. The BBT (basal body temperature) thermometer is accurate over a short range, approximately 34-38 degrees. However it is accurate to 0.01 of a degree.
    You need to take it at roughly the same time each morning (I do mine at 7am), but the important thing is to take it before you get out of bed, as any physical activity creates heat within the body.
    In the first part of your cycle, as your period arrives then ceases, your BBT will drop, usually to the low 36s. As oestrogen predominates in the first part of your cycle (the "proliferative" phase, when your endometrium starts to regrow after your period), your BBTs will be generally low; but there will be daily variation. Theoretically you get a "dip" just prior to ovulation, and then a rise in BBT the following morning. In the second phase of your cycle (the "luteal" phase, named due to the presence of the corpus luteum which is the "covering" from which the ovum is released), there is a predominence of progesterone, which causes your BBTs to rise to a higher level (usually higher 36s). At 6-8 DPO (days post-ovulation) if fertilisation has occurred, there can be a "dip" in your BBT for 1 day (the so-called "implantation dip")...this may or may not signify implantation of the fertilised egg into your endometrium. I can explain why, but it gets a bit technical!
    So, you should see two "phases" on your BBT chart...initially lower BBTs, then post-ovulation, higher BBTs (the so-called "thermal" shift).
    There is ALOT of variation between women, and you may not have a "textbook" chart. The reason we do it is because over 3-4 cycles, it usually demonstrates a pattern which is "normal" for YOU. You can generally (not always) see when you have ovulated in retrospect, once your BBTs have risen. Use this information for the next cycle, and keep having sex around that time until you get a sustained BBT rise.
    Also, I suggest charting your cervical mucus. If it is clear, and stretches when rubbed between 2 fingers, it is the so-called "egg-white cervical mucus" (EWCM)...this is the most fertile cervical fluid, and great time to have sex.
    Also, OPKs are very useful too. After your first OPK becomes positive, you will generally ovulate within 24-36 hours. Don't wait...start having sex as soon as it becomes positive. Include this on your chart too.
    I hope this helps. I will post my lastest chart to illustrate some of the above points. I am CD24.
    Have to go, feel free to ask more questions/clarifications!
    J.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

LilPetal  (27-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My chart this month...
    Chart3..jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Great info J thanks!!!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    J your chart looks great!!! very promising dip at 7 (?) dpo. Is that usual for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks so much J will c how it goes this month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles1984 View Post
    It's actually like a light period
    How many DPO are you?
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    How many DPO are you?
    J.
    Hi j I'm on cd16 today. I don't actually know if I've ovulated or not yet. My iperiod app says green week from 23-28 August. I stopped tracking and using opks this month coz we were just seeing how we went!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    Sooo ladies,
    When u have a positive opk, followed by another positive then a negative on the third day does this mean on the third day u have ovulated? Or is it still going to happen?
    Firstly, naughty girl, you are supposed to stop poas on OPKs when you have your first positive. From that point, you will ovulate generally within 24-36 hours. So if you have one and one only positive OPK, you would be classed as having a brief LH surge, and have a negative OPK prior to ovulation. If you are naughty (like Choccie, and me on occasions) and you get several +ve OPK results, it means your LH surge is longer. But it doesn't change the fact that you ovulate within 24-36 hours of your FIRST +ve OPK. So, you can have a situation where your OPK is +ve, but ovulation has happened. That's why they advise stopping after your first +ve OPK.
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffry View Post
    So I did a clear blue digital this morning and got a "not pregnant"
    I think there will be a few little tears when AF turns up, she's due tomorrow but I had some crazy cramping last night, worst than usual but no AF this morning so I tested and negative.
    My hubby keeps telling me we need to relax, and just let it happen...grr so frustrating!
    I'm not sure if I'm still out of whack from my mc in May, think I'll start temping this cycle.
    Any tips/hints?
    When I was last pregnant (June miscarriage), I got a strong positive on a FRER and a "Not Pregnant" on a CB Digital. Do another FRER tomorrow.
    J xx.