Closed Thread
Page 56 of 87 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsmax View Post
    Hey J - I have a question..and pretty sure I know the answer
    So I am now CD38 (obviously AF has not shown up). My cycle has obviously always been ontime (due to BC and have been on BC since 16 - now 30).
    January this year (while still on the pill) my period just didn't show up...was very odd as this has never happened before. Dr said to not worry.
    Went off the pill in early June and had the bleed straight after and then i had a cycle of 36 days before next period.
    I am now at CD38 and just don't feel that I am going to have a period this month. Last week and this week i felt symptoms (cramps, mucus, etc) but now I feel...dried up (for lack of better terms!)
    My question is........ I only ovulate once during a cycle, don't I? while I am frustrated that AF has not turned up and I continually get BFN's..I am more frustrated at not knowing when our next chance is for fertile days! If I had had AF last week (28 days) then this weekend I should have been ovulating. So just wondering when I am back in with a chance?? Did I need to wait until AF arrived?? I am going to a Dr on Tuesday night for something else...but wondering if I should make an appointment with my lady Dr
    Thank you x
    Ams
    It is EXTREMELY common to have irregular cycles after coming off the OCP, especially long-term pill usage. It can take 6-12 months for normal cycles to resume, HOWEVER it is generally a shorter time frame than that. I would recommend charting: BBTs, OPKs and cervical mucus changes...it will help you establish when your cycles become "ovulatory" and fertile.
    Does that help?
    J x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And yes, if you are ovulating, you only ovulate once a cycle. Your body can gear up to ovulate, fail, then try again. But as a general rule, only one egg per cycle. I definitely would start charting; you learn SO much about your body. Your period should eventually arrive, but may be a while. I assume you've done a HPT?

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey lovely ladies!
    Sorry I haven't been keeping up much, this flu (and yes, the doc FINALLY decided it's actually the flu) has knocked me around something fierce. DS has had a chest infection and an ear infection that won't go away, I'm on antibiotics to deal with an ear infection and even though my ear unblocked for a day or two it's gone back to being blocked, and DH is starting to get sick now too.
    Phwar, it's been a rough week! I've gone through three boxes of tissues in the last 3 days!

I'm hoping to be well enough to go back to work on Monday, because whether I feel better or not I pretty much have to. DS will have to go back to kindy too, as DH and I can't stay home with him. I'm hoping and praying. He seems better now, has a bit of a cough and still a clear runny nose but that's about it. I've been told he should be over the contagious stage by now.

Sorry for the BFNs that have happened, and fingers crossed for those that are still waiting to test! I hope everyone's doing better than me health-wise *chuckle*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default TTC and not wanting to move #2

Button, I'm going to try and wait until Sunday and just see if AF arrives. But I received a sample IC from oracle in the mail today, so I may use that tomorrow.

Well done on being happy for your best friend. I hope you can both be pregnant together

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks J - it is exactly what I thought.. yay but
    I have done many HPT's. In January when I missed a period and still BC I did about 27 in 1 week! OMG I know! It was my DH was still working in WA and we were not trying at all - so was freaking out! But silver lining, made DH realise he was ready and came home!
    I have only done 3 HPT's in the past 1.5 week...saving the heartache with no double lines. My boss told me today that she is 16 weeks...2nd close friend this week announcing...I cried with joy, but a pang of sadness - DH said it is our turn next. But that just upset me because I just don't know when we can try again! My mum and female cousins all fall quickly and I am starting to feel like a bit of a failure...reason we waited so long is because we thought I would be same. BUT then I have to remember that we have only been trying a few months...not years...so need to get over myself...
    Thank you so much J xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Af arrived today so my ff worked out my new o dates and fx DH will be around for September!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    Af arrived today so my ff worked out my new o dates and fx DH will be around for September!!!!
    Sorry AF arrived, but yay that DH should be home at O time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bummer AF arrived Shelby, fingers crossed hubby is around at the right time in Sept!

I have a question for J (or anyone else who can answer it!), Had more bloods this morning. The nurse said this afternoon that it looks like I have ovulated (well they are assuming I have) but some of my levels arent great. They said my estrogen level hasnt changed and they couldnt detect a LH surge, but progesterone is rising so they are presuming I ovulated and they missed it???!!! Does that sound right??

They need to do regular tests over the next week or so to watch whats going on. Have to go for BTs every 3 days now, so next test is Monday...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Bummer AF arrived Shelby, fingers crossed hubby is around at the right time in Sept!

I have a question for J (or anyone else who can answer it!), Had more bloods this morning. The nurse said this afternoon that it looks like I have ovulated (well they are assuming I have) but some of my levels arent great. They said my estrogen level hasnt changed and they couldnt detect a LH surge, but progesterone is rising so they are presuming I ovulated and they missed it???!!! Does that sound right??

They need to do regular tests over the next week or so to watch whats going on. Have to go for BTs every 3 days now, so next test is Monday...
    Yes, that sounds right. LH and oestrogen levels fall post-ovulation, and it is rising progesterone levels which indicate ovulation. Testing on Monday is fine. Your oestrogen and LH should be lower, but progesterone higher.
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews

Im not sure how many dpo.. When I had the test mon they said I hadn't o'd yet so had to have been some time tues,wed or thurs?