Closed Thread
Page 46 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default TTC and not wanting to move #2

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post

I think after seeing me today DP will be more open to something that has a greater success rate.

In fact, I wonder if we should get the ball rolling now and go to the clinic for orientation etc soon? That way if it doesn't happen at home, we don't have to potentially wait too long to start. There's no waiting period per se, but there is mandatory counselling and tests to be done etc.
    Have you been to a FS or clinic yet?

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We spoke the the clinic we're going to a while ago, they said "just come in when you're ready". They don't have waiting times except for any constraints your own cycle offers. It's a great clinic.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Eh. I am out. Period just showed up.
    Aw, I'm so sorry rainbow. I had really high hopes for you this cycle .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Sorry AF arrived rainbow. As others suggested, treat yourself, allow yourself to be down then move on and up to another month! It possibly can't hurt to go and do orientation at this stage even if you do HI a few more times.

I need to get DH to cooperate and dtd again tonight after my +ve opk y'day. I think I have worn him out this week. Fingers crossed he is obliging without me having to spell out it must be tonight! TTC is so not as romantic as people make out sometimes. Does anyone else feel this way??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Yes. I feel like I am such an emotional drain on DP. And she is so right lipped about anything she thinks may upset me and then we always end up arguing about her not telling me how she feels.

Like about 3 minutes ago.

Thanks
    Reviews

So with the clinic (I just spoke to them), we literally go, have a session with the FS, have a counselling session and pick our donor and go according to my cycle.

It actually seems much less stressful than HI?

Ah well. We will deal. It's about $3500 out of pocket but you get about $1000 back from Medicare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

So with the clinic (I just spoke to them), we literally go, have a session with the FS, have a counselling session and pick our donor and go according to my cycle.

It actually seems much less stressful than HI?

Ah well. We will deal. It's about $3500 out of pocket but you get about $1000 back from Medicare.
    That's good that you get some back from Medicare, sounds a lot less stressful too. Do they monitor everything for you so they know exactly the right time to come in?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    That's good that you get some back from Medicare, sounds a lot less stressful too. Do they monitor everything for you so they know exactly the right time to come in?
    Yes the thing I don't like about it is it's done with drugs, so you have a trigger shot and then have the insemination x hours after that.

I would like to avoid pumping drugs into my system as I don't think it's necessary, but I want a baby more than anything else so I guess we will see how we go.

But yes, the timing with iui is perfect and obviously the sperm bypasses the cervix so it's all in the uterus waiting for the egg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Maybee baybee - yep it's not very romantic. My DH doesn't like dtd on schedule either.

Rainbow Road - sounds like a great idea to start getting everything rolling with the clinic while you try HI a few more times. I think It might help with the stress if you feel like you have everything organised and a plan ready to go if you do need IUI.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tormy View Post
    They wouldn't do a trigger shot unless u weren't ovulating by yourself though would they?
    They do it anyway, to ensure the iui is timed perfectly. Imagine if you had the IUI and then you ended up ovulating late? They like their success rates to be high as possible.

But all the meds and sperm are included in the total cost.