Closed Thread
Page 45 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If I ovulate on a weekday I'm probably only going to be able to have him down for one night. So I could inseminate that night and the following day. If he can get time off, then we'd do that.

So I'm not quite sure what the logistics will be, flights are pretty expensive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPetal View Post
    Yep I am also starting to enjoy being able to relax a bit. I think I prefer this part of my cycle rather than the TWW. I really struggled on Monday with disappointment in getting AF but I am feeling better today. I have to keep in mind it was only our 1st month trying for bub #2. It was hard because my friend announced her pregnancy on facebook on Monday night and I struggled not to get jealous. I know I shouldn't since I have my DD and all but still..
    I have a son also, and people often say "at least you have one"...but it's not about that. We grow up with expectations of the family we desire, and when it does not happen, we get disappointed. Jealously is a very normal part of TTC.
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    If I ovulate on a weekday I'm probably only going to be able to have him down for one night. So I could inseminate that night and the following day. If he can get time off, then we'd do that.

So I'm not quite sure what the logistics will be, flights are pretty expensive
    So, if you decided to go with an IUI Clinic, would it be more or less expensive?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC and not wanting to move #2

How long is your LP?

Yeah I am kind of looking forward to regrouping with DP before all the crazy stuff gets in the way. Now we've finally mastered the art of insemination I hope it might be quicker and less painful.

It sucks we'll only get to do 2 inseminations though. But if they're timed well that might be enough.
    It's about 16 days. So usually know I'm not preg day 11-12 so I have 4-5 days waiting for AF.

It would be so stressful for you trying to organize donor and inseminations. And your right as long as its times right even once is all you need. I hope you get your BFP next cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC and not wanting to move #2

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    I have a son also, and people often say "at least you have one"...but it's not about that. We grow up with expectations of the family we desire, and when it does not happen, we get disappointed. Jealously is a very normal part of TTC.
    J.
    This is so true.

I actually stupidly thought ttc #2 wouldn't be as hard coz I have DS already. But didn't realise the longer it doesn't happen the bigger the age gap. And the longer DS goes without a sibling and that hurts the most.

I got out my preg test from DS today just to see two lines somewhere lol!! It made me happy and hopeful for next month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thinking out loud here Rainbow, but an IUI Clinic would probably increase your chances, as they apply rigorous methodology to the process. It would take away the stress of your interstate donor logistics.
    Just my thoughts.
    J x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That's what I think J, but DP wants to give HI a few more shots. Since she doesn't even get to be pregnant, I want to honour that.

IUI costs at least 3k anyway so I think 2 more shots with donor is fine, and then we're better off going to a clinic money wise and stress wise.

We won't be paying for flights out of our baby money though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    This is so true.

I actually stupidly thought ttc #2 wouldn't be as hard coz I have DS already. But didn't realise the longer it doesn't happen the bigger the age gap. And the longer DS goes without a sibling and that hurts the most.

I got out my preg test from DS today just to see two lines somewhere lol!! It made me happy and hopeful for next month.
    I feel the same. If I get pregnant soon (please!!), Oscar will be nearly 3. My sister and I are only 15 months apart, and we are very close. I really wanted that for Oscar.
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what I think J, but DP wants to give HI a few more shots. Since she doesn't even get to be pregnant, I want to honour that.

IUI costs at least 3k anyway so I think 2 more shots with donor is fine, and then we're better off going to a clinic money wise and stress wise.

We won't be paying for flights out of our baby money though
    Sounds like a good plan. Gives you some feeling of control.
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews

I think after seeing me today DP will be more open to something that has a greater success rate.

In fact, I wonder if we should get the ball rolling now and go to the clinic for orientation etc soon? That way if it doesn't happen at home, we don't have to potentially wait too long to start. There's no waiting period per se, but there is mandatory counselling and tests to be done etc.