Closed Thread
Page 24 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 921
  1. #231
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    637
    Thanked
    2,324
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by button2012 View Post
    thanks J!
    How did you go with BDing today??
    All good. Legs in air again now!! Got my +ve OPK yesterday at about 12pm, so should (may have) ovulate either midday today or overnight. Had sex for last 5 nights. Cannot do any more than that.
    So, I guess I am now in the TWW which puts my testing date on Fathers' Day. How good would that be.
    The SMEP plan says have sex 3 nights in a row after your first +ve OPK, but I think I have worn hubby out!
    How are you doing?
    J x.
    Last edited by J37; 19-08-2012 at 21:10.

  2. #232
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    637
    Thanked
    2,324
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    J37, I promise this is the first and only time I'll pick your medical knowledge.
    This week.

    I've had a shocking cold for the last few days, and my middle ear is blocked with fluid. Normally it's really annoying but I ignore it, but it's actually quite painful this time. It's not infected yet, unfortunately I've had so many infected ears in my life I know the feeling of it coming on before it even really happens lol.
    But I was wondering, if I use a warm (obviously sterile) salt water mixture, would that help to get rid of it? Or would it just make my ear wet? Lmao!

    It's quite painful now so I really don't want to wait for the doctor to say 'give it a couple of days and it will clear'. It's hurts now dammit. Heh.
    If it is fluid behind the eardrum (otitis media), then flushing your outer ear canal with water will unfortunately not help. Sudafed may help open up your Eustachian tubes (connecting your middle ear and your throat), which may assist the drainage of fluid...but that's a long shot. Paracetamol AND ibuprofen will provide reasonable analgesia.
    I suffered otitis media frequently as a kid, so I sympathise. Even if you don't feel it is infected now, stagnant fluid behind the drum easily infects, and is almost always bacterial.
    Probably one of the few instances where antibiotics are actually warranted!
    I would advise you see your GP, explain the situation, and get a course of amoxycillin or cephalexin. Safe in pregnancy/TTC.
    Let me know how you go.
    And ask as many medical questions as you like!!
    J x.

  3. #233
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    582
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked
    107
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Re: TTC and not wanting to move #2

    Hi J, I can't read your last pm. Can you please,resend it.

    Good luck everyone in the tww !

  4. #234
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    637
    Thanked
    2,324
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pigeonpairplusone View Post
    Thanks for the hugs everyone I'm feeling a bit better a block of chocolate will do that lol...

    Eko no I'm not seeing an FS as my only problem is I have one tube & the only thing they will suggest is IVF which we have decided we won't do for various reasons. I might get an ultrasound to see what side I'm o'ing at though.
    One tube means you are likely to be fertile every second month. It's almost impossible to determine which side you are ovulating without an ultrasound, but will that really change things? If you keep having sex mid-cycle every month, your chances are still good. LOTS of women get pregnant with only one tube.
    I am concerned that if you rely on ultrasounds, the stress and pressure will be detrimental.
    Something to think about, anyway. Your body, your decision.
    J x.

  5. #235
    Eko's Avatar
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,837
    Thanks
    1,083
    Thanked
    1,427
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    If it is fluid behind the eardrum (otitis media), then flushing your outer ear canal with water will unfortunately not help. Sudafed may help open up your Eustachian tubes (connecting your middle ear and your throat), which may assist the drainage of fluid...but that's a long shot. Paracetamol AND ibuprofen will provide reasonable analgesia.
    I suffered otitis media frequently as a kid, so I sympathise. Even if you don't feel it is infected now, stagnant fluid behind the drum easily infects, and is almost always bacterial.
    Probably one of the few instances where antibiotics are actually warranted!
    I would advise you see your GP, explain the situation, and get a course of amoxycillin or cephalexin. Safe in pregnancy/TTC.
    Let me know how you go.
    And ask as many medical questions as you like!!
    J x.
    I really appreciate that J, definitely saves me flooding my ear with saline fluid for no reason *dies of laughter*. I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow, although unfortunately I think Mr "Wait and see" will be on (he's the one that didn't want to bother with any scans for me until I was at least 20 weeks What if there's twins in there?!! lol) so I was hoping to find something to give a little relief that didn't rely on his seemingly outdated knowledge.
    The other doc thinks he's a fuddy duddy and that he doesn't really do as much as he could for patients.

    I got DH to crack my upper back which seemed to help a bit, I suspect it feels worse than it needs to because my neck is out of alignment at the moment. I've also been keeping a heat pack on it in hopes that warming it will help to drain it. Fingers crossed because I can feel my other ear blocking up now! Heh.

  6. #236
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    637
    Thanked
    2,324
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofprincess View Post
    Hi J, I can't read your last pm. Can you please,resend it.

    Good luck everyone in the tww !
    Re-sent. Did it come through?

  7. #237
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    637
    Thanked
    2,324
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    I really appreciate that J, definitely saves me flooding my ear with saline fluid for no reason *dies of laughter*. I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow, although unfortunately I think Mr "Wait and see" will be on (he's the one that didn't want to bother with any scans for me until I was at least 20 weeks What if there's twins in there?!! lol) so I was hoping to find something to give a little relief that didn't rely on his seemingly outdated knowledge.
    The other doc thinks he's a fuddy duddy and that he doesn't really do as much as he could for patients.

    I got DH to crack my upper back which seemed to help a bit, I suspect it feels worse than it needs to because my neck is out of alignment at the moment. I've also been keeping a heat pack on it in hopes that warming it will help to drain it. Fingers crossed because I can feel my other ear blocking up now! Heh.
    Wait until 20 weeks for a scan...is he crazy??!! You need a scan at 12 weeks to assess your risk of Down's Syndrome, Spina Bifida, and other chromosomal abnormalities (very rare, by the way). A 12-week scan is standard obstetric practice.
    Can you go to another GP Clinic?
    J.

  8. #238
    Eko's Avatar
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,837
    Thanks
    1,083
    Thanked
    1,427
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Unfortunately not Because I'm a Defence Force member, they pay for all of my medical bills which of course means that I can only go to Defence approved medics (generally that means which ever medic is at the base health unit). We have two on base, but the other guy isn't in that often so Mr Wait and See is it most of the time.

    Thankfully most of my ante-natal care is now through the other guy, but if I go to see the doctor in the morning for sick parade (which is our version of a walk in period where you can be seen within about 10 minutes of arriving), it's always the fuddy duddy.

  9. #239
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    336
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked
    47
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    All good. Legs in air again now!! Got my +ve OPK yesterday at about 12pm, so should (may have) ovulate either midday today or overnight. Had sex for last 5 nights. Cannot do any more than that.
    So, I guess I am now in the TWW which puts my testing date on Fathers' Day. How good would that be.
    The SMEP plan says have sex 3 nights in a row after your first +ve OPK, but I think I have worn hubby out!
    How are you doing?
    J x.
    hope you get a big temp rise tomorrow morning so you dont have to worry about anymore bding this month hehe!

  10. #240
    rainbow road's Avatar
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in a glass case of emotion
    Posts
    12,406
    Thanks
    1,187
    Thanked
    8,045
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

    Default TTC and not wanting to move #2

    Woke up at 3. Can't sleep. Took my temp then (after 5 hrs sleep) and it was high still. Higher than yesterday.

    Then I peed on a stick (sorry J!) and it was negative.

    These last few days of the tww are draaaaagging!!! I hate it. Not going to test until wed now.

    My temp should have started dropping by now so I'm still in limbo. Chart looks fantastic, but negative tests. Only time will tell.


 

Similar Threads

  1. TTC and not wanting to move #5
    By shelby27 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 2240
    Last Post: 19-12-2012, 14:57
  2. TTC and not wanting to move #3
    By button2012 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 960
    Last Post: 17-09-2012, 20:12
  3. TTC and not wanting to move!!!!!!!!!
    By pinkorblue in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 1475
    Last Post: 16-08-2012, 19:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Shapland Swim Schools
Shapland's at participating schools offer free baby orientation classes once a month - no cost no catches. Your baby will be introduced to our "natural effects" orientation program develop by Shapland's over 3 generations, its gentle and enjoyable.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Vibe Natural Health
Your natural health care team for fertility, pregnancy, post natal and family health care. Our Naturopaths, Doctors, Osteopaths, Acupuncturists, Psychologists,Nutritionists, Pilates, & Massage specialise in women & children's health and wellbeing.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!