Closed Thread
Page 18 of 87 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    so....I am STILL waiting for AF! She was meant to arrive last Wednesday..Did a HTP on Thursday and it was negative. So will do another tomorrow morning, but feel it will be a BFN again. So annoying!!! AF would normally have been and gone by now.....Damn female body

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    J, I always read to take the first you see.

But I've done it a few times anyway, and they're usually quite similar but later ones always higher by a bit.

Maybe because the thermometer is cold from being in the room? and the first test warms the probe up?

Oh and yes, even though I don't have a partner to have sex with, my DP will be like, "did you do your temperature/OPK blah blah" and if I launch into a tirade about how I had a temp drop and I can't explain it she's like "you can't get so emotional babe. It'll happen."

DON'T ASK ME THEN!!!!

Oh also - I've been so emotional lately. I cried when DP told me I went down the wrong lane to get home the other day.
    Last edited by rainbow road; 18-08-2012 at 22:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by button2012 View Post
    for all the ladies who take their temps... what to do if I had a bad nights sleep got up at 4am and never went back to sleep - so took my bbt 2 hours early?
    If I have to get up at 4.30am etc to Oscar, I just take my BBT before my head leaves the pillow. I very much doubt 2 hours will make a difference if you have had an otherwise undisturbed night.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC and not wanting to move #2

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    I agree; Surgipack Digital is a good one, and comes with a cute pink end. I usually take my BBT at 6-7am, before I have to get up to give Oscar his milk. I take it 3 times, and have found the first temp is usually quite different from the second and third temps, which are generally the same. So, I use the average of the second and third. Not sure why this occurs; manufacturing flaw, or environmental.

Anyway, got my positive OPK today...CD15, which is much more usual for me. I told my husband, and he reckoned he needed a break from daily sex, and we ended up having an argument. He thinks I am obsessed (true). Anyway, he calmed down and we just had sex, and again I am lying with my legs in the air. Not sure if this helps pool the sperm closer to the cervical opening, but it's worth a shot! I just need to convince him to be on "duty" tomorrow night, and we will have covered our bases with respect to the "ovulation within 24-36 hours of first positive OPK" rule.
    So yes, men suck sometimes.
    They are happy to have sex in non-fertile times of one's cycle, but claim to feel "used" during one's ovulation window. Even though they want a bubby too!
    J x.
    I'm glad you got your positive opk and I'm glad DH came around for you tonight fx he does again tomorrow and you have covered all your bases. Maybe just try and explain that to him tomorrow with a promise you will back off after that and he can rest

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shelby27 For This Useful Post:

J37  (18-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    J, I always read to take the first you see.

But I've done it a few times anyway, and they're usually quite similar but later ones always higher by a bit.

Maybe because the thermometer is cold from being in the room? and the first test warms the probe up?

Oh and yes, even though I don't have a partner to have sex with, my DP will be like, "did you do your temperature/OPK blah blah" and if I launch into a tirade about how I had a temp drop and I can't explain it she's like "you can't get so emotional babe. It'll happen."

DON'T ASK ME THEN!!!!

Oh also - I've been so emotional lately. I cried when DP told me I went down the wrong lane to get home the other day.
    The first temp is usually wildly discordant on the mornings it is freezing in Melbourne. So that is probably the reason. Other times they vary by only +/- 0.03 or so.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: TTC and not wanting to move #2

Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    I have the tinniest feeling of thrush that's not a good sign at 8DPO is it??
    I had thrush when I had a chem in april and again when I got the bfp last month. I don't normally get thrush so I noticed it both times. As J says, probably unrelated. Thrush isn't uncommon from unprotected sex. I just found it interesting that I got it when I got both the bfps. Can't remember if I had it with DS early on, but I know I definitely did later in pregnancy with him .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

shelby27  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    I had thrush when I had a chem in april and again when I got the bfp last month. I don't normally get thrush so I noticed it both times. As J says, probably unrelated. Thrush isn't uncommon from unprotected sex. I just found it interesting that I got it when I got both the bfps. Can't remember if I had it with DS early on, but I know I definitely did later in pregnancy with him .
    Ahh must of been you that I read it from!!

Sent from my GT-S5830T using BubHub

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Chart today...
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews

Looks hopeful Rainbow! When are you testing?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Chart today...
    Looks good. Fx and bring on Tuesday/ Wednesday!!!

I'll test then too.