+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Stop feeding me please!

I get along fairly well with my DP's family but every time I go there my MIL offers me a ridiculous amount of things to eat and always seems sincerely upset when I decline. I'm wondering if it's a cultural thing as they are European but who knows lol

Today I got offerred bread with sour cream, noodles, fruit, salami, cheese, nuts, Pretzels and sarma. This was in the space of the half an hour I was there!!

Anyone else have similar family?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Stop feeding me please!

My Ex bfs family were like that! They were Chinese though but yes kindly always offering food and when I was eating they were offering for seconds and thirds! Nice gesture for sure but geez there was only so much I could eat

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I live in a community with a high pop. of one european country, and yes they do that alot. In this culture, not only is eating an actual passtime when people mingle, bond and enjoy each other, they deem it very rude not to offer lots of food to people.

So I would say it may well be a cultural thing... care to say what culture?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

My Italian friend told me its customary to offer lots of food and drink, but if you eat it all they biatch about you when you leave ("I can't believe she ate the whole thing" etc). You can't win! Lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMGGGGG SARMA IS THE BESTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. i LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Mmm... Sarma... Are they Romanian or Hungarian? And would they like to adopt me?

And if they are, then yes, especially Romanians, but both nationalities NEED To feed :-D the trick I had with my grandparents was to say "stop" when it's half way to how much I'd like, because they always try to give more than you want :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mishh View Post
    Today I got offerred bread with sour cream, noodles, fruit, salami, cheese, nuts, Pretzels and sarma. This was in the space of the half an hour I was there!!

Anyone else have similar family?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jake's mum View Post
    Mmm... Sarma... Are they Romanian or Hungarian? And would they like to adopt me?

And if they are, then yes, especially Romanians, but both nationalities NEED To feed :-D the trick I had with my grandparents was to say "stop" when it's half way to how much I'd like, because they always try to give more than you want :-)
    Im Hungarian! Ill adopt you Haha... By some case of insanity, DH hates my Hungarian food! My freezer is stocked full of yummy goodness

Being Hungarian, i always cater for 20 lol!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CupidsVictim View Post
    Im Hungarian! Ill adopt you Haha... By some case of insanity, DH hates my Hungarian food! My freezer is stocked full of yummy goodness

So... Tomorrow night... Your place: Sarma/sarmale with sour cream, creamed spinach, mushrooms, gomboc? :-D

I love Hungarian and Romanian food! I used to cook it a lot but my DS has food intolerances that include tomatoes, spinach and capsicum among others so we can't have so many of these yummy yummy foods :-(

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CupidsVictim View Post

Awesome, my dh is Hungarian and gets mad at me as I don't make the dishes right... I'll send him over

As for all the food.... Yuuummmm I love dh's family get togethers and all that lovely food! And they all over feed me too

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jake's mum View Post
    So... Tomorrow night... Your place: Sarma/sarmale with sour cream, creamed spinach, mushrooms, gomboc? :-D

I love Hungarian and Romanian food! I used to cook it a lot but my DS has food intolerances that include tomatoes, spinach and capsicum among others so we can't have so many of these yummy yummy foods :-(
    Topped off with a big fat slice of dobos torte