+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Showing in first trimester-really? how??

As the uterus grows and expands it pushes other organs up and out of the way, which can lead to a 'bump' coupled with increased hormones that cause gloating ands fluid retention, I think it is entirely possible to 'show' very early on. I guess you are very lucky that you didn't so you could keep your secret longer

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Showing in first trimester-really? how??

Quote Originally Posted by ck2b View Post
    But that's the thing? How can people show before 12 weeks if the fundus is still tucked down below the pelvic bone? I have not heard of people measuring too big when the fundal height is measured, but if people are showing before 12 weeks then their measurements won't match their dates - which is then a complication. Has anyone who showed early has this experience? Were your dates adjusted? Even if you not showing the fundal height is the same as someone who is showing. I am just puzzled by it
    I don't know how but I was showing and my belly had grown significantly by 8wks! I couldn't fit into ANY of my pants by then!!! I ended up having excessive fluid at the end of my preg. My mum thought it would b twins coz I was showing so early. It wasn't. Regarding a complication coz of measurements not matching...my FH was 2wk ahead at wk 26 then 4wk ahead at 28w. Yet my US scans always came back within a day or 2 of each other. I did end up being HUGE n with an 8pd15 lil boy....but still.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im only on my 2nd pregnancy but i think it has alot to do with how much body fat your carrying and musce tone. Ususally 'they say' women who have had multiple pregnancies 'show' earlier because their muscls have been 'stretched' or 'used' before and are not as elastic to hold it all in.
    In the early days before 12 weeks i think the uterus strats to move everything up to make room and your body starts to retain water hence the bloated look.
    I used to get bad growing pains for the forst 3 months of both pregnancies because of growing pains esp around where my stomach is.
    For me i started showing at 21-25 weeks for both pregnancies. I was just bloated and lazy letting it hang out before that.
    U can really tell how big bubs is when u lay on ur back and wait for bub's to move forward. I used to think i was huge at 14 weeks but then id lay down and see bubs was the size of an apple! So i knew i was just bloated as all hell.
    Now i lay down and bubs is the size of a basketball and thats what i look like im carrying eeeeeeek!

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I couldn't fit into my regular trousers by about 8-9 weeks with either babies. With DD I was visibly showing (Ie, looked obviously pregnant) by about 10 weeks. I don't know what was going on but that's just the way it was. I had awful indigestion with each during the first trimester and couldn't bear anything touching my tummy. By about 5-6 months I could have easily passed for 9 months with both babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pg with my 5th, and by 6 weeks I couldn't button my pants and I was clearly showing. I think you may be getting caught up on what's going on with the uterus, but when we show, it's more than just that. Sometimes it may just be bloating, but if you can't suck it in and you look pregnant, that's showing IMHO And with later pregnancies, all the other stuff starts earlier, for sure, if for no other reason than that your body is just that used to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm seven weeks along and I just feel fat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    you have to remember that your body remembers what's happening so it automatically goes into fat storage etc around the middle to protect the baby. I was like you and 1st baby it was around 5&1/2mths, 2nd 5mths, this one was easily 3mths.
    I've also had friends that showed way early. It depends on where your baby is sitting, where your uterus is (tilted etc) where the placenta is etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read that most of the early 'showing' is more like bloating, so it's actually your intestines/water retention/etc which is making your belly pop out. And with subsequent pregnancies everything has already been stretched so it can go out again easier. Kinda like blowing up a balloon after you've let the air out, haha!

I know with my pregnancy I expected to show really early since I am quite slim, but I didn't get a belly that was noticeable by other people until after 30+ weeks. It will be fun to see how I go next time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Showing in first trimester-really? how??

I am unsure, but what I can say is this, I don't look "fat" especially cause my belly is very low and my waist is still defined.
    However I was a size 6/8 pre pregnancy and at 11 weeks this is me.

Also given that I wasnt aware I was pregnant until 8 weeks my diet did not drastically change.
    This is my first bub too
    Attached Images