+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely had a little belly in the first trimester but I think that was because I bloated HEAPS from the word go

2. The Following User Says Thank You to larissa88 For This Useful Post:

jmiller  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Showing in first trimester-really? how??

I had off measurements talk early. Midwife said @12 weeks I was measuring 17 weeks. This was fundal measurement. But at scan bub was measuring 12weeks. Lots of fluid. So yes it can happen.
    Lol I'm 4 months now and huge!
    Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was showing at 8 weeks with baby number 3. My Fundal Height has measured 3 weeks ahead from my 12 week check up but my scan EDD matches my LMP. I think you'll find that the Fundal Height can be inaccurate so I would always go with the EDD from your scan or LMP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Showing in first trimester-really? how??

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    I'm getting a belly now and I'm only 6 weeks. I think it's bloating though, I know my uterus has stretched quite a bit already (second bub) because I've felt the cramps. So my guess is that it's pushing everything up a little already. That coupled with bloating = insta-belly! Lol.
    Yep this is me for my 2nd too at 10wks. I'm struggling to hide my belly at work already and my pants don't fit.

I do think it's more bloating and also the uterus pushing everything 'up' - but this still translates to your baby and showing, just in a different way I guess to the typical round belly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my 2nd pregnancy, I popped big time at 8 weeks probably the equivalent size at 14 weeks with my first. Measuring spot on for dates & hadn't put on any weight. Now at 15 weeks I'm big! Still only put on 1kg...weird!!
    No idea how that works

Thanks
    Reviews
    The fundal height does not change with subsequent pregnancies. It is that the stomach muscles are not as strong/supportive as they once were, and the intestines are much more lax (due to preg hormones), so the intestines sort of 'hang out' with less tension to hold them in firmly.
    I am 13 weeks preg with #4 and have had a belly since around 8 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ck2b View Post
    But that's the thing? How can people show before 12 weeks if the fundus is still tucked down below the pelvic bone? I have not heard of people measuring too big when the fundal height is measured, but if people are showing before 12 weeks then their measurements won't match their dates - which is then a complication. Has anyone who showed early has this experience? Were your dates adjusted? Even if you not showing the fundal height is the same as someone who is showing. I am just puzzled by it
    I don't know how but I was showing and my belly had grown significantly by 8wks! I couldn't fit into ANY of my pants by then!!! I ended up having excessive fluid at the end of my preg. My mum thought it would b twins coz I was showing so early. It wasn't. Regarding a complication coz of measurements not matching...my FH was 2wk ahead at wk 26 then 4wk ahead at 28w. Yet my US scans always came back within a day or 2 of each other. I did end up being HUGE n with an 8pd15 lil boy....but still.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am preg with number 4 and I am huge. I was showing almost immediately to the point where strangers and two people I once knew from school asked me if I was pregnant at 10 weeks along. I also had to adjust my clothes very early on too as I just didnt fit into my usual clothes.
    Sure it might not have been my fundal height, but my stomach muscles are waaaaayyyy looser than they used to be, so holding everything in and down is no longer possible, and bloating, so while tech my fundus wasnt showing, the other parts of me which are above my uterus were pushed up and out and just not held in as much as they were previously.
    If I showed you a photo of my belly right now at 12 weeks, you would guess me to be double that. Im huge and its freakin embarrassing when I have to tell people how far along I am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I couldn't hide my 4th at 8 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had. Friend itch a popped belly button at 8 weeks. She had her abs damaged in her first preg. She looked lovely and pregnant, not at all bloated.