+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulation guys on all the positive news.

I have recently been scanned for a 1:64 chance of Trisomy 18 and subsequently followed through with a CVS.

Our NT scan came back great, but the blood test was 0.18 for PappA,

Unfortunately, the test came back positive. After several days of crying, I can finally see some light and have accepted the result.

Either which way, always have hope, but would strongly advise for either a CVS or Amino if they are available.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I'm due on 9 July. I'm having a little girl and will be having baby at Royal Brisbane. I'm 31.

I had my NT scan on 2 January. On my report my background risk for Trisomy 21 was 1:577 and after my bloods it was 1:456. NT measurement was 1.52mm which is a good result.

I then had my morphology scan on 18 February. Everything was clear- no issues but at the end of the scan the sonographer mentioned I had low papp-a on my NT scan of .3087 and that I would need growth scans.

So I've had scans at 24, 28 and 35 weeks. She's little but hubby and I are both on the short side.

What I don't understand is why my risk for DS is 1:456 where others are much higher and my papp-a is lower than some of yours.

I am really ****ed off that I was not offered an amnio or cvs.

My last scan just gone on Tuesday her legs are in the 5th percentile. Which is a soft marker for DS. They have previously been in the 30th percentile.

So now I absolutely freaking out and am so concerned that bub could have DS.....I called the hospital and the midwife, sonographer and obstetrician have all said the results are fine and its very common for femur to slow down in the last few weeks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bec they don't offer a cvs or amnio until your risk is high, and under 1:300 yours is no where near high risk, you have a significantly higher risk of loosing your baby to miscarriage from amnio than having a baby with downs syndrome. You have had no other signs so there was no need to invasive testing. Babies grow at different rates and its more than likely yours has shorter legs, one potential soft marker is not alone a reason to worry. If I was you I would calm down, really my risk was 1:158 and I am not worried at all. If there is something wrong with your bub there were no indicators so nothing could be done, but I'm sure your girl is fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    My nuchal risk was 1:248 for DS with great scan results and dodgy bloods - particularly low Papp-A. We chose not have CVS or Amnio because the general miscarriage risk from either of those procedures is higher than the risk of this baby having a chromosomal abnormality. Also, we wouldn't choose to end the pregnancy based on a DS diagnosis. I was told that I'd have to have regular growth scans in the third trimester based on the low Papp-A. I'm now 35 weeks and no soft markers for DS have been found. My baby boy is measuring off the charts for growth and the placenta is functioning beautifully. Don't worry too much about a low Papp-A reading at 12 weeks, regular growth scan will mean you get to see a lot of your LO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

I still can't believe there's such a little bit of time left.

I think I'm getting anxious because its getting closer.

Also, google is the devil. I've been googling and making myself feel worse and worse.

What is your due dates?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My nephews legs didnt grow as much during the last few weeks either...that plus him having a huge head made the doctors tell his parents that he was possibly going to have a really severe form of dwarfism. His parents freaked out...went for a second scan at the royal brisbane and was told baby was perfectly fine. Dad has similarly a big head and is stocky. So baby just took after dad. Hes just over one now and has still has a huge head and is still stocky!
    Anyways point of this is dont stress...if the docs arent stressing you shouldnt either.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm due July 15. Can't wait to meet my baby boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Low

Thanks
    Reviews
    My low papa score ended up being caused by my son femur bones which can cause it but i had a lower score than you i had the amnio and just keep having growth scans to 34 weeks i am not 37 weeks and all is fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, another one here with low PAPP-A, but mine is super low at 0.07 MoM! Everything else in my 1st trimester screening was normal, just this crazy low PAPP-A. I'm waiting on test results at the moment, wont find out results for 2 weeks and it's killing me! It's really nice to hear some positive stories here.