View Poll Results: Do you smoke and have kids?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i smoke and have kids

7 7.53%
  • yes, i smoke but dont have kids

2 2.15%
  • No, i dont smoke and have kids

78 83.87%
  • Someone else in the house smokes and we dont have kids living there

1 1.08%
  • Someone else in the house smokes, and we have kids living there

5 5.38%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Do you smoke?

Yes I do and quite honestly I enjoy it. I'm also a sole parent (boo hissss) and it saves my sanity at times, when the kids are driving me around the bend, I walk outside, have a smoke and regather myself.
    I know I can quit when I want to, I quit while pregnant, but until I'm actually in the right frame of mind, it's not going to happen. Until I say, I don't want to do this anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you smoke?

On and off.
    Never around kids.
    Never inside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't smoke and never have. I don't even know what they taste like. At uni we had a firsthand experience of an autopsy on a 62yo man who died of lung cancer. It was enough to have the whole class quit smoking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Do you smoke?

No I don't, never have. My grandfather died of emphysema, my father in law lost a leg and then his life from ciggies and my mother selfishly smoked like a chimney when I was a kid (in the car, house, wherever).

Smokers who visit my house smoke outside with all doors and windows closed. I nearly vomit when they walk past me once back inside. I try and limit my mums visits for this reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Only when I drink. I love a ciggie with a red. DH smokes.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you smoke?

No but DP does

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Do you smoke?

I did smoke. It's been almost 31 weeks since I quit :happydance: I smoked through 2 of my pregnancies and quit 10 weeks into my third. I feel fantastic.

DH still smokes, as do all our friends and most of our families. We did smoke inside but havent for a number of years. To be honest I don't know how we did, it grosses me out so much now.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    never have, never will.
    My mum does smoke, but outside and she tries to abstain when she has DD (shes tried to quit so many times with no luck)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I smoked from the age of about 15 and quit with my first pregnancy but foolishly started again after DS was born.. then quit again for good this time the day I found out I was pregnant with DD. She is almost 3 weeks and I will NEVER smoke another cigarette again.
    DH smokes outside and never in the car. He has been trying to quit recently and went 4 days without one (which is awesome as he is quite a heavy smoker) using an inhaler, patches and gum. One day he will hopefully kick the habit for good. My mum quit 3 years ago, cold turkey, after almost 40 years! So proud of her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't smoke never have, it's a disgusting habit. Most of my family smokes but I make them go outside 99% of the time.

I do think about second hand smoke affecting my kids as I know it effects me and I try to limit possible exposure as much as I can in public areas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast