View Poll Results: Do you smoke and have kids?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i smoke and have kids

7 7.53%
  • yes, i smoke but dont have kids

2 2.15%
  • No, i dont smoke and have kids

78 83.87%
  • Someone else in the house smokes and we dont have kids living there

1 1.08%
  • Someone else in the house smokes, and we have kids living there

5 5.38%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you smoke?

I gave up smoking April 2010 and havnt gone back. I feel so much healthier. I smoked basically ever since I was about 16 and stopped while pregnant with dd1 when I was 20 and started back after. Gave up when I was 23 and when I look at my girls, they are my strength to never look back!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mum2mj For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (17-08-2012),Melbz  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I quit when I found out I was pregnant, Hubby quit a few years ago. I don't miss it much, I've had a few smoking dreams though . Hubby was lucky, he just stopped one day and didn't even seem to miss it at all. I found it a bit harder (used a little bit of low dose gum, and only for a few weeks) but having an incentive to quit made it a lot easier and I'm not even tempted any more. Hopefully I still feel the same after my baby is born

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you smoke?

Yes I do. I quit with both pregnancies, cold turkey the day I say BFP but stupidly took it back up not long after they were born for various reasons. I've never smoked in any of my cars, nor is anyone else allowed to. I also do not smoke inside, even in the pouring rain and near minus degree weather I either don't have one, or I brave the weather, even if their not here. I keep the doors closed to where I'm smoking and also don't come back inside for a good 5 minutes after so as to be sure the smoke itself has left my lungs and I'm not walking it back inside.

In reality I know it's still on my clothes but as far as I can see that's the only exposure to smoke they get. Both boys have asked why I smoke and I've honestly told them about it being an addiction and why it's bad for you and why mummy is working with her doctor to quit. They know about lung cancer and the like, they actually hate cigarettes, which I'm extremely proud of them for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you smoke?

Never smoked and never will.
    DH is a ten a day smoker and I really wish he would quit. It's is so gross to kiss smokers breath.

I should add that he has never smoked inside or in the car.
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 16-08-2012 at 17:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Nup I saw what it did to my nan and now what it is doing to my dad.

Dh never has either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Do you smoke?

Nope, I the smoking. I'm an asthmatic and as soon ask smell smoke or even come in contact with a smoker I have an attack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Another smoking thread Yes I smoke yes I have kids and the pitchforks can be put away as I don't smoke inside nor the car nor anywhere remotely near my kids. I also don't smoke at parks, out the front of malls, or anywhere in public.

I gave up for a short time when I found I was pg early last month but the stress of my loss caused me to start again.

No doubt this thread will again turn into judging of smoking parents like every single smoking thread.... I'm having a crappy day today so maybe overly emotional

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (19-08-2012)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I smoke, but not inside the house or in the car when my kids are in it. I quit for both my pregnancies but took it back up both times... One day I will quit... Just not today

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you smoke?

Used to years ago then I had to watch my dad have half his mouth cut out and sewn back together and eat and drink through a straw for nearly 3 months coz of cancer.

My DP doesn't. Visitors at my house can go out the back away from us and kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I don't smoke, and nor does anyone in this house.

That said, a few weeks ago I went out with some girls and 2 of them were smoking. Another was an ex-smoker. Another used to socially smoke. They were SHOCKED when I told them (as the oldest one there too!) that I had never smoked so much as a single puff of a cigarette... and in my drunken state, (and theirs too) was given a lesson on how to smoke.

I was drunkenly very proud of my ability to smoke properly (inhale).

It was a once-off experience I can say I've had... and that's that. lol.