+ Reply to Thread
    Silver_Lining is offline Our miracle Princess due in March <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Non eating 17 month old.

Does anyone have a 1 year old that doesn't really eat? She just doesn't seem interested, hungry, anything.
    I don't see how the tiny amount of food can sustain how active she is. I have spoken to MCHN's etc but when it all comes down to it, I can't make her eat! Is anyone going through anything similar? Would love to know I'm not the only one.

Silver_Lining is offline Our miracle Princess due in March <3
    Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you SO much for your reply! She is the same, won't eat things you think she would guts down (maccas chips for example)
    Thank you for your advice, I really do appreciate it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, DS only started eating at 16 months. I went to the doc before then and she told me I had to start weaning him to get him to eat solids. He was still demand fed....is yours like this?

Thanks
    Reviews

I have a three year old who has never been easy to convince to eat. I have found that giving things that she can eat on her own (finger food) has always been more successful. I do reward with treats. Like if she eats a good amount of dinner I will give her a desert. If not, no desert.

I have spoken to doctors about it and because she is a good weight they are never worried. She never sits still so I understand what you mean about intake vs need for energy. I wish to high heaven I could eat as little and have so much freakin energy .. It's stressful and I feel for you. Our big winner is fruit, I keep trying to offer new foods but if they don't work I wait a while and offer something I know she will eat (fruit)

All the best, its a constant worry for me, but she is healthy and not under weight so I know she is ok.
    Last edited by Melzey; 26-08-2012 at 07:09.