+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh, you got it!!! Well done!!!

I don't really have any tips as my situtaion is different (work 60 hours a week, 8 months of the year) as I take my kids to work with me everyday. I guess I could just say be open to having a cleaner, it really takes some of the pressure off

Oh, and I always do lunches, have every part, right down to socks of school uniforms ready the night before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Staying organised, and juggling work and family - tips?

Don't stress about house work. Outsource if you have to. It's ok to not have everything done.

I do shift work and my hours are all over the place. Some weeks we just wing the day with house work, bit of homework, showers in evening esp for kids as they can get changed for school the next morning.

Right now, its not even 7pm but we are both in bed as I am tired from work as been so crazy busy and I have to get up at 4:45am tomorrow. I get up a little bit earlier than I need to just so I can shower, get dressed and chuck the school lunch together. Days we leave before 6am for bus, DS will eat breakfast at before school care as it works out better for us that way.

Make sure you keep all the school stuff together such as library books, homework, hats etc. We have had mornings we have missed the bus because of looking for homework or a hat.

Congrats on the job. What sort of job is it?

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree with all the other op's

We have lists what to do in the morning and at night

We have a timetable for what days they need sports uniforms and music instruments etc

We organize tomorrow tonight

The inky thing I can add is double up on some things like sock, jocks knickers etc so if the washing does get behind you'll still have clean essential

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Staying organised, and juggling work and family - tips?

As pp have said organization is key. This will avoid unnecessary stress.
    Thinking ahead is so important.
    Things I do are
    Lunches packed night before.
    School clothes out ready to go
    Load of washing on in the morning, hung on clothes horse that evening.
    Meals are planned weekly
    Work clothes are organized for the week.
    Half hour tidy up keeps things in check until day off.
    I also try and think ahead with things like birthdays etc. Save going to the shops 10 times I try and get it done in one hit.
    Internet / phone banking, bpay etc will save heaps of time with bills.
    Phone reminders save my a$$ all the time too. Lol