+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default Anyone had their tubes tied but not laparoscopically

I want to get my tubes tied but they can't do it the usual way. It would have to be done like a c/section with a big cut (the dr's words).
    Has anyone done it that way when the have a baby who is a few months old?
    Any advice would be great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Anyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had my tubes tied but I've just had a laparotomy (big cut like caesarean) to remove a cyst on my ovary. It's major surgery and I'm guessing the recovery would be like a caesarean. I was in hospital for 3 nights. I'm 3 weeks post surgery now and i don't have any pain from the surgival incision but I'm still very tired and sleeping a lot. I've been told to have 4-6 weeks off work and I can't drive yet - I tried driving the other day and I was sore the next day.
    Hope this helps in some way.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kyllara For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (18-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I know with my c-section I overdid it (lifted DD pram) in the 6 weeks they say not to lift anything heavier than your baby. It set me back easily 2 weeks in my recovery time.

Are you resting lots? I didn't drive till 6 weeks like I was told cause I was in a fair bit of pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I haven't had it done yet. I am still making up my mind. The hospital is pushing for the merina instead. The were more than happy to do it until they saw how big the mesh from my hernia repair. They can't going in the normal way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I rock at reading! Sorry about that