+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Cigarette plain packaging - awesome ad

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Actually, studies have been done, and the reason the packets are olive green is because they are the least appealing. Plain packaging is not designed to stop people who already smoke from smoking, they're designed deter people from taking up smoking!
    Even so the colour of the packet however appealing or not is not why people choose to take up smoking. People are aware of all the risks involved as there is so much information yet they still do. To a young person the allure of smoking mabey because it is taboo. A packet colouring still wont deter that no matter how many studies are done to prove its the ugliest colour.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    I agree about the addiction part, BUT I found that even years after I gave up I would still be drawn to the familiar packaging of my cigarette of choice. I was relieved when they updated their packaging.
    Every1 has a trigger and thats great it has worked for you. Well done for kicking the habit. I too am an ex smoker but its that first wiff of smoke that makes me want to cave every time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfields View Post
    If it wasn't going to work at all the tobacco companies wouldnt be spending millions fighting it.
    They are fighting it because of the cost to the companies to change it. They are just as money hungry. They will still sell and produce bevause until it is made illegal there will always be a market for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Cigarette plain packaging - awesome ad

This won't achieve much.
    Changing the color won't change anything. They can't advertise and they can't display them, so it doesn't really matter what they look like.
    All it does is make the government pat themselves on the back and look good while collecting tax.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SeymourTheBear For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (16-08-2012),delirium  (16-08-2012),Mod-pegasus  (16-08-2012),pinkorblue  (16-08-2012),~ElectricPink~  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singlemumma82 View Post
    I agree. I don't smoke because I love wasting all my money on those lovely gold packets all the time, I smoke cause I'm addicted!

This is just another way the government can make more money without banning it.

I would love to see it become illegal, I hate being a smoker, but the taxes they get each year over ride everything in their books it seems.
    The millions in tax does not cover the billions it costs the government. This is the right way to go, and enforcing existing laws would help.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (16-08-2012),tatia&shura  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    The millions in tax does not cover the billions it costs the government. This is the right way to go, and enforcing existing laws would help.
    Enforcing current laws for example underage smokers is basically impossible.
    To enforce effectively would cost billions and take a lot more personnel

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Exactly tax payers billions wasted on something that wont stop people from giving up or taking up smoking. Enforcing a law wouldnt just help that is what needs money spent on. There will still be a black market but for the majority it will become unaccessable there for harder for people to give up or take up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Isn't that what the big graphic disgusting pics were also out there for?

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

pinkorblue  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I know it sounds silly to suggest people only take up smoking due to packaging but it does make you wonder why these brands even put any money and thought into their packaging in the first place if it's so meaningless.

I'm not sure if it will do anything to prevent people from taking up smoking or not... But I also don't claim to be a marketing genius or be well researched in the area of human subconscious.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (17-08-2012),Stiflers Mom  (16-08-2012),Witwicky  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeymourTheBear View Post
    Enforcing current laws for example underage smokers is basically impossible.
    To enforce effectively would cost billions and take a lot more personnel
    I meant laws on where people can smoke. They are not enforced.

The billions of $$ is just on health costs.