+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Taking panadol every day?

So I have developed sensitive teeth in this pregnancy, don't know if that is normal or just a coincidence? But I have been taking a dose of panadol about twice a day because it aches that bad and that long after having something cold or hot.
    Is it bad to be taking that much? Will it cause issues for bub?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Not sure about regular panadol. Apparently its safe but are you using sensodine toothpaste?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Taking panadol for extended periods of time is not good for you.
    Maybe try a sensitive teeth toothpaste?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Taking panadol every day?

The only known side effect of taking paracetamol frequently during pregnancy according to my doctor is that sometimes the baby can be born a little 'wheezy'

If your taking it daily and more than the lowest dose per day I would definitely see your gp or ob about it and get their recommendation on dose. There may be an alternative or underlying cause like a vitamin deficiency causing it and easily treatable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shouldn't affect baby at all... although I'd personally be seeing a dentist/doctor to see whether I could do something to prevent rather than just treat the pain. (sensitive toothpastes etc. as Kazza mentioned)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Actually I just read somewhere that they did a study recently and found it can lead to infertility problems in the baby later on.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have a midwifes appointment tomorrow and was planning on bringing it up with her or him?
    And I was also going to go to the dentist just incase to see if there was an answer there too. I don't like taking panadol for pain usually because
    If things get worse you don't really know, but my teeth and or gums are do sore. And eating is staring to become a challenge :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    So I have developed sensitive teeth in this pregnancy, don't know if that is normal or just a coincidence? But I have been taking a dose of panadol about twice a day because it aches that bad and that long after having something cold or hot.
    Is it bad to be taking that much? Will it cause issues for bub?
    My mum takes panadol on a daily basis and multiple times just "incese" she gets a headache...before she even gets any signs of a headache. I actually think she is addicted to panadol. She is clearly not preggas tho.
    Personally, i'd be going to get a dentist check up as im not comfortable taking any painkillers/drugs of any type while pregnant. Esp over a while.
    Panadol is very mild but i dunno bout its use for long periods. The fact u have to take it twice a day makes me think something could be going on with ur teeth/gumbs. Id go get it checked out.

Thanks
    Reviews

My teeth and gums are very sensitive, more so when I'm pregnant, as I have receeding gums so more of the nerve is exposed.

I find that sensitive toothpaste is amazing and when I use it everyday I can eat like a normal person but if I stop for even a day they start to hurt again.

I'd go see your dentist before taking panadol for an extended period of time, just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Continual use of Panadol can lead to liver problems for you. I wouldn't reccomend anyone taking it daily. Check with your midwife though. I can sympathise I too have had aching teeth this pregnancy, but not for a while though so hopefully it will be the same for you too