+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We lived with my Mum while we saved more of a deposit for our home, before we had kids. It was hard, two of my others brothers and their partners lived there also, and one of them never paid his own way, so it caused a few issues for the rest of us. I wouldn't be able to do it with kids i think, but if we needed to we would.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Has anyone or would you move in with family to get ahead?

I would for sure. If anything were to happen to DP or we broke up I would move back to mum's until the kids were in primary school and i could go back to full time work. We get along great, and her place is really big. I would maybe move in with MIL but not so readily- her place is a lot smaller and she lives with her mum- plus they are both going deaf and have the tv on full volume allll the time.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Has anyone or would you move in with family to get ahead?

When my DH and I relocated from the UK we moved in with my parents while we got jobs, saved and bought a house. We were there 12 months.

It got a bit claustrophobic at times with 5 adults in one house, more so because 3 of them are women (my sister was also there)

Definitely was worth it though, saved us having to rent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Has anyone or would you move in with family to get ahead?

It's something my partner wants to do. I am not so keen tbh...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We moved into my parents rental house for cheap when we were saving for a house, even then they drove me kind of mad because they would always turn up whenever and wherever. I work in my parents business so I think if we lived with them we would kill each other. And DH's parents house is way too small.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My family - not an option
    In-laws - Only if it was an emergency situation, like our house burnt down or something, if it was just to save more money than no. They drive me nuts after staying there a couple days - any longer and i would be a nut case, it would also be very, very cramped.

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently living with my mum and stepdad due to unemployment, otherwise I'd still be renting on my own. I think I'll be here 12-18 months at the most - depending on when I get a job and can actually save up some money to be able to move out. I'm trying my hardest to get a job!