+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default my daughter isnt naughty, shes exploring..

my mum has been staying with us for the past week as she doesnt live close to us. She has given me a wonderful "break" by entertaining dd.
    I just dont like the way she "tells dd off" i mean, isnt that my job anyways? she always gets in to tell her off before i have a chance to tell her, it's ok! im watching her! or dont tell her off yet!... she's just looking!
    She is CONSTANTLY using the word NO and calling her a "naughty girl" when she gets into the rubbish bin, picks up car keys, opens doors she shouldnt, playins in the dogs food....ect
    Those are words i dont use towards my daughter. She is 18mths and very explorative and i just set her some boundaries and use other words than no and callling her 'naughty' - because she's not naughty at all, shes being curious.

She doesnt explain why she's calling her a naughty girl so dd doesnt even know what she's done "wrong'?.....she doesnt even do anything 'wrong' by me she just explores the world like she does everyother day.

I want to bring it up with mum but she's likely to ignore me and believe she is doing everything right because she's raised 3 kids.
    Its my house, my daughter, my rules and we dont use NO or NAUGHTY GIRL.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: my daughter isnt naughty, shes exploring..

I'd just say exactly that. You can't punish a child without telling them why, and you certainly shouldn't punish them for exploring their world.
    I think you should just say what you've said here, it seems reasonable to me .