Closed Thread
Page 99 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

Quote Originally Posted by jaandaw View Post
    Hi Sariele, can I ask why they/you chose to do a 1 day transfer? We've only ever been given the opportunity to do 5 day transfers, and I'm interested in different protocols.
    I think at my clinic they simply take the "better in than out" approach, even though research has apparently proven this isn't the case. So if you only end up with one or two fertilised, they strongly recommend immediate transfer; I suppose just so you have something to transfer, rather than finding out two days later that they haven't survived. The only problem with this is that if it's not going to survive until day 3 or 5 in the lab, then it won't in the uterus either. So I'm not sure why they do it, unless it's just good for their stats! *sigh*

Maybe it's for psychological reasons too? Like, you feel more positive about future cycles when you "made it to transfer" the previous one, IYKWIM? Not sure.

As far as I can tell, there is no scientific reason for doing a 1 day transfer, or even 2 or 3 days for that matter. Apparently 5 day is meant to be the best, as they can truly find out which embies are strong enough to transfer, which is not always apparent at day 3.

But the embryologist told me this morning that they have actually researched and presented figures for their day 1 transfer stats, and they are better than you'd expect, so that's why they do them. She said to me "your incubator is a lot more efficient and complex than ours in the lab" ... I guess that makes sense. *shrug*
    Last edited by Sariele; 01-09-2012 at 16:43.

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Just posted this on fbook too..
    I caved this morning and POAS, it was a negative, still early as AF isn't due till Sept 6th but sorry TMI I was checking my cervix and noticed a pinky brown mucous discharge - not a lot as there is none on my underwear..
    I'm not feeling optimistic anymore, usually if I see a brown discharge it's usually bad news for me but it's a different colour..
    Idk if I didn't see a discoloured discharge I would think it was still too early for a positive as I still have all the signs I am, stitch/stretch/tugging sensations in my pelvic area and around hips. My bb are tender and swollen, thirsty, tiredness and constant lower back pain..maybe it was a chemical...grrr I wish my body would just behave!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Have you poas in the past this early and got positives? It is still early...

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    sorry you got cancelled it sucks it happened to us first cycle. I cant remember where you are up, but will you have an egg/follie to pop if they trigger you? You should DTD lots just in case you catch the egg!!
    Thanks Clem, but na, only on cd 8 and biggest follie was only 10mm so not big enough... But now DH wants to use that as an excuse haha!! Just want the trigger to get rid of that silly cyst!!!

Can't remember, when is your next blood test Clem??? Xoxo

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by wunsi View Post
    Have you poas in the past this early and got positives? It is still early...
    Last transfer I had a positive on 11dpo ( it was very faint though) but just checked other transfers and they were positive at 15dpo and 13dpo, so it could be early... There is no discoloured mucous now..

Thanks
    Reviews

Ok, so you're still in and didn't you say a wee while ago that you are pretty good at detecting you are utd? Do you have a gut feeling? Don't have to say it out loud tho coz I know that can sometimes feel like a jinx I've still got stuff crossed

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by wunsi View Post
    Ok, so you're still in and didn't you say a wee while ago that you are pretty good at detecting you are utd? Do you have a gut feeling? Don't have to say it out loud tho coz I know that can sometimes feel like a jinx I've still got stuff crossed
    Symptoms say yes, gut says no😖

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

I'm at the going crazy stage... can't find anything to distract me. I am going to poas in the morning, even though its probably to early. It'll be 6dp5dt. I am just so ridiculously optimistic at this stage. That gut feeling you girls were just talking about...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggs - I just added you (wedding pic)

Clem - Congrats! I have a strong feeling this is the one for you!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    I think at my clinic they simply take the "better in than out" approach, even though research has apparently proven this isn't the case. So if you only end up with one or two fertilised, they strongly recommend immediate transfer; I suppose just so you have something to transfer, rather than finding out two days later that they haven't survived. The only problem with this is that if it's not going to survive until day 3 or 5 in the lab, then it won't in the uterus either. So I'm not sure why they do it, unless it's just good for their stats! *sigh*

Maybe it's for psychological reasons too? Like, you feel more positive about future cycles when you "made it to transfer" the previous one, IYKWIM? Not sure.

As far as I can tell, there is no scientific reason for doing a 1 day transfer, or even 2 or 3 days for that matter. Apparently 5 day is meant to be the best, as they can truly find out which embies are strong enough to transfer, which is not always apparent at day 3.

But the embryologist told me this morning that they have actually researched and presented figures for their day 1 transfer stats, and they are better than you'd expect, so that's why they do them. She said to me "your incubator is a lot more efficient and complex than ours in the lab" ... I guess that makes sense. *shrug*
    Our dr believes the 'better in than out' but believes in 3 day transfers and no longer or shorter.