Closed Thread
Page 78 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sel - you need to do a bunch of uplifting things. Like have a really nice bath tonight wth candles and a big glass of wine. Watch shows that make you laugh, plenty of sleep, eat comfort foods. Book in for a massage, etc etc. Really treat yourself right now. I hope all these things help you start to feel a bit better. Also, this will sound weird - but it's my latest obsession - how are your magnesium levels? Mine are low, I have tried to get more for years by taking supplements because I get Restless legs Syndrome & have trouble sleeping. Everyone says take magnesium, and I tried it several times but it never helped. Well, I've discovered there is a significant link between magnesium and lots of other things (nerves, sleep, insulin resistance, weight gain/loss, to name a few ... as well as FERTILITY and links to miscarriage). Well now, hello. And apaprently our bodies need magnesium and vit B6 together to produce progesterone. Say what?? I have also learned that most magnesium pills contain the wrong type, which our bodies just don't absorb well (it just causes loose stools instead) so I have been researching better forms to take, as well as transdermal absorption. Basically soaking in baths with lots of magnesium flakes or epsom salts in them, then rubbing mag oil and gel all over myself. It seems we can absorb it through the skin. This is now my concerted effort to increase my magnesium levels, in the hope that it will not only address my ongoing stress, RLS, back pain & sleep problems but also make a better uterine environment for my FET. Weird obsession to have, I know! I just wanted to share this, in case it is of help to anyone. My skin & hair have improved heaps, just in the last week.
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 29-08-2012 at 16:50.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

KandP  (29-08-2012),SelM22  (29-08-2012)

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

I feel you Sel. Big hugs. I'm in limbo with this mc. I would have been 8 weeks just about. Embryo passed three weeks ago and still no proper bleed just very minimal pale brown sporting. Not even enough to bother with a panty liner.

I have given up for now. After five pregnancies in a year I have lost the will to continue. We are going to leave it until 2013 to go back for our bubsicles. And I am sacking my horrible FS too, I'll be looking for someone else at Genea who actually has some bedside manner. And a heart.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiggerfields For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (29-08-2012),SelM22  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peez - Im off to a naturopath tomorrow, I will ask her too. And yep will have a bath tonight. Where do I get mag flakes from?
    Sounds like a good plan. One of my mates at work who had his thyroid removed has been talking about a lot of these elements and hormones etc too, mag being one of them! I have heard it referred to in the weight loss literature. And Dr Sandra Cabot's book on taking control of your fetility mentions it I think.
    Pity she doesnt have a solution for those of us whose husbands dont have sperm!! Good book, no use for me though!
    Maybe its time for another massage. Had one a week or so back and have done the bath. The plan to go and be a social worker out in the bush is seeming more attractive by the day I think.

Tigs - thanks and hugs back. I am just so stressed about turning 35 next month and being old, fat, crappy eggs, no sperm, blah blah blah, that I just dont know what to do these days, except cry. I am exhausted. And so sick of being negative.

Why cant this body do something so simple as get a bloody period.

Hopefully bloods tomorrow show under 5. They should be, whatever that means. I still reckon I O'd last week, or otherwise my body expelled some weird ****. But...FS seemed to think period before O, so I dont know what to think anymore. Perhaps I am going to be one of the lucky ones with retained product in there post a D&C, no one seems to even be wondering about that.

And GirlX, Im not going anywhere, just very conscious that all I seem to do is whinge these days when some of you are in the exciting phases and dont need that

I think I might go for a walk...

xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    you poor thing, it sucks doesn't it. I try taking it about an hour before i go to bed, so the main nausea hits while you're asleep. I'm on 1500 (have been since least year) and still wake up pretty every morning with nausea (and therefore don't eat breaky, which is bad).

I have tried Maxalon and it does work. I forgot to take it today, i have thrown up like 4 times today, yuk! How long have you been on the metformin for? It seemed to get much better for me over time.

Only other thing i can suggest is when you get it from the chemist, don't get the generic brand, something to do with the casing on the pills that can cause more nausea.
    Thanks clem when you say take it at night do you take the whole 1500mg?? I was told one 500mg 3 times a day- with each meal??

Mam- i had only been on 1 x500mg for 4 days before going up to 2x500mg. Do you think that is too soon??

It's nice to see some other lean pcosers out there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfields View Post
    I feel you Sel. Big hugs. I'm in limbo with this mc. I would have been 8 weeks just about. Embryo passed three weeks ago and still no proper bleed just very minimal pale brown sporting. Not even enough to bother with a panty liner.

I have given up for now. After five pregnancies in a year I have lost the will to continue. We are going to leave it until 2013 to go back for our bubsicles. And I am sacking my horrible FS too, I'll be looking for someone else at Genea who actually has some bedside manner. And a heart.

i'm so sorry you're still going through this Tigger. 5 in a row is too much for anyone to have to deal with. I'm glad that you are taking a break, and def change FS.

I feel kind of the same, i'm pretty much now expecting to get pregnant at the next transfer and then lose it again. It's an awful feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh SelM- sending you the biggest hugs ever!!! I feel so sad that you ladies who have pregnancy losses- you do seem to get punished. No baby but longer waits before another cycle. Thinking of you X

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 1xbabyplease For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tigger and Clem - So sorry you have both had to go through all that this year. Tigger - sounds like a good idea to take a break and come back to a new FS when it feels right.

Sel - You are not whinging! You're upset, and that's very different. We are all allowed to be upset and sad in here - that's why we're all here to support each other, as we know those dark days and we've all been there (and are pretty much all still there).

I had a call from my FS's office yesterday to say my referral has expired and I need a new one. So that's my year of fertility treatment done, with nothing to show for it. We were trying for 6mths ourselves before that. So 18mths all up, and 12 cycles of injections and drugs in various forms.

Ugh. I know a lot of people have been trying longer, but it just seems like forever. The only good thing is that we have decided to stop trying once we run out of frozen embryos, so I feel like there is a light at the tunnel, even if it's not the one I want to see (if that makes sense). This time next year we will either have a baby, or we will have stopped trying and will have got off this rollercoaster. Either way, I'll be glad to be off it. I take my hat off to those who continue for years. I'm feeling burnt out now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 1xbabyplease View Post
    Thanks clem when you say take it at night do you take the whole 1500mg?? I was told one 500mg 3 times a day- with each meal??

Mam- i had only been on 1 x500mg for 4 days before going up to 2x500mg. Do you think that is too soon??

It's nice to see some other lean pcosers out there
    Get them to give u the slow release, Diabex XR and take it right before sleep!! Makes the side effects much better!! And only need once a day!

Yes way too soon!! I was on 500 for weeks first and that was the XR tabs!! I can't even take the normal release ones they make me very sick!!

Can take 1500 now with no problems!!

Hope that's helped!! Xoxo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mam83 For This Useful Post:

1xbabyplease  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

Hi darlings!!!!

Hope you are all having a good week. Sounds like a few of you have had a rough time. Big hugs your way xx

Kdsd I would throttle DB if he did that as well. I was so frustrated during my last cycle... He went out for a few beers and came home rolling drunk I was super mature and refused to talk to him for 12hrs... Not the best way to be stress free lol. I think you should treat yourself.... Off to the shops for a designer handbag!!!!

Sariele great news on your scan. Grow little follies! When is epu?

Mrsj I would be requesting a face face with your manager immediately and asking the question. Maybe hearing from you directly your specific concerns will help them to understand. I would then follow up with an email including HR. Maybe a call to your union or fair work to discuss your rights if you cant deal with them directly?

Every employer must make reasonable accommodations to their staff members workplace arrangements that allow for medical conditions. If it is reasonable and would not be at cost to your employer to move the student into another class then this should be included.

Mam not sure about your question but have everything crossed that they dont to cancel!

Hi disney! good luck xx

Sel come on af!! Witchy cow head that she is. I would go see FS and tell him what you believe you are ready for! Stay strong babe. This will pass and you will feel positive again. Its hard when life is on pause. Xx

Tigs how are you? A break sounfs great. I too am considering now not going back until 2013. Its refreshing not tracking anything.

Girlx my referral is expiring too! We have hit 2yrs ttc now. Makes me irritated!

Hello everyone else!!!

Finally over that flu it was horrible.

We are now moving so have just put out an awesome application on a house. Keep your fingers crossed for us!!

Only 7 weeks until Bali whoot whoot.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggs - I can't believe what you've been through. I think a little break from it might be a good idea. Have said it before, but can defo recommend Mark Livingstone at Genea.

Sel - you can use Epsom Salts. From what I've read, Magnesium Chloride flakes have a longer lasting effect, but maybe they just say that to sell them - they cost more than Epsom Salts. I am using this stuff, but also Epsom Salts and taking supplements; just being careful about what types. Magnesium Oxide is the useless one. Amino Acid chelated and Mag Citrate are more bio-available.

Mam - welcome! Sorry about your cyst - hope it goes away & doesn't wreck your cycle. Sorry I didn't reply before - at work I tend to just comment on one thing at a time because my stupid work PC posts without any spacing or formatting.

AFM: In 48 hours time I'll be in Fiji! BULA!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

mam83  (30-08-2012),SelM22  (29-08-2012)