Closed Thread
Page 77 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi lovely ladies!

It has been a while since I have last posted and there is soooooo much to catch up on! So, I'm just going to send out massive , and to those who need them!!!

I am on day 2 of my cycle and start jabbing tonight...I still can't believe that I am doing this for a 3rd time!!

I'm going to be laying low in the threads this time around and not posting much, but will still be reading along

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both Zak - simultaneously in my case!!

Hang in there Mam83. Oestrogen tallies roughly with egg development. But try not to stress too much about all of that now. And please please remember, the first cycle of IVF is a science experiement, all about getting the levels right and monitoring your response etc. That helped me to survive the process!

Mrs J - I agree with the others. Be proactive, talk to your OB or GP. And hopefully it wont happen. I so admire you teachers. I only have to worry about youth not listening to my lectures cause their ipads are more interesting!!

AF, AF, AF...where the F are you???????
    Appointment with naturopath tomorrow. Will see where that leads me...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

Quote Originally Posted by SelM22 View Post
    Both Zak - simultaneously in my case!!

Hang in there Mam83. Oestrogen tallies roughly with egg development. But try not to stress too much about all of that now. And please please remember, the first cycle of IVF is a science experiement, all about getting the levels right and monitoring your response etc. That helped me .
    Thanks selm22!!!

I know the first cycle is usually a write off!! I was prepared for it to be cancelled, just not prepared for it to be cancelled cause of a huge cyst!! Haha!! Then I feel I will have to just have another science experiment cycle all over again!! Haha ah well will see what Friday brings!! Hopefully as my e2 rises, my cyst won't grow bigger!! Fingers crossed!! Thanks!! Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    Thanks selm22!!!

I know the first cycle is usually a write off!! I was prepared for it to be cancelled, just not prepared for it to be cancelled cause of a huge cyst!! Haha!! Then I feel I will have to just have another science experiment cycle all over again!! Haha ah well will see what Friday brings!! Hopefully as my e2 rises, my cyst won't grow bigger!! Fingers crossed!! Thanks!! Xo
    Good luck lovey! (My first three cycles were really science experiments - but there was a clinic change in between too!)
    I will talk to the universe about your cyst!

Ok ladies - here comes a RANT (caps because it is a big one!!)...
    So sitting here trying to write a report, ****ed off with this cold and my life. I mean really body, I am so angry with you right now.
    So I called the clinic...
    And got the lovely nurse there. She was great...however...
    Seems that they will still make me wait out two cycles, well start the next full stim cycle with the second "normal" period post D&C regardless of how long that takes. So I said that could be 10 weeks, yes it could. FFS.
    She then said it can take 3 months for the first period post a misscarriage - D&C or no D&C. Really. So that means no more cycling this year?
    FS said the other day they I will get two more cycles in if needed before the end of the year. Really?

Yes lots of REALLYs in there.

So bloods at clinic again tomorrow.

Regardless of result I am going to speak to FS again about the plan ahead. I cant cope with no doing anything any longer. Its making me more depressed.

Why cant they just kickstart my cycle and we go with that "period"? Is that any different to anyone with an anovulatory cycle?
    I feel like I am being punished even more for losing the babies :'(

And FS said after the mis, that the "break" is for psychological reasons not physiological ones, so how about we just accept that I am so ready to move on and get this f*cking show on the road.

It is starting to effect my work too, I need to do some fieldwork and I cant plan that because no one will give me a bloody time line. Punished for not being able to carry babies, punished for having hcg that goes down slowly...

Ok, rant over...for now...
    Last edited by SelM22; 29-08-2012 at 15:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sel - I don't understand why they won't kickstart your cycle either??? Nor why they're saying to wait that long? So frustrating! And surely it's not for your FS to decide on how long a break you need for psychological reasons? For me it was better psychologically to have a very small break!!

Have you thought about talking to a different FS/ clinic? Or saying that you really want some answers and laying on the line exactly how you feel about this? (Not sure if you have done that, although I know you have spoken to them). I would say it's worse psychologically to put you through what you're going through!

Mam - So sorry to hear about the problems with the cyst. Will join Sel in having stern words with the universe for you!

AFM - Had scan this morning. Lining is not very thick, but it's only CD10, so not too worrying. FS said to come back for another scan on Monday and keep taking the Progynova. All being well they'll do the FET the following Sat (8th), which happens to be our wedding anniversary! So much for a romantic weekend away, but I can't think of a better present if it works...

I asked the FS about whether frozen or fresh cycles are better, and he said it depends on the individual. Usually fresh is better, but for some women frozen is better because of how their bodies respond to the full stim cycle. So he was basically saying that for me fresh would be better (as I don't have any funny hormonal responses to the full stim cycle), which wasn't what I wanted to hear going in to a frozen cycle! Ah well..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey GirlX thanks hun. Dont know what I would do without you!!
    I dont get it either. I dont understand why they cant treat me like an anovulatory person??
    I have just drafted an email to my FS saying pretty much how I feel. Will wait to see what bloods say tomorrow and then send.

I really like my FS so not keen on shifting, and we have already had one clinic move. And this clinic are the best here. There are only two others in Adelaide, well three, but I wont go back there unless I have to really (maybe for donor sperm?).

I reckon its worse psychologically. And I have been ready to go again since the day they said what was wrong. Yeah I am still hurting, but if I am ready and its my body and my money I dont understand why the hurdle is there.

Re Fresh V Frozen. I reckon your FS is technically right, that Fresh is generally better, because of the impact of freezing, but my clinic's data is pretty much level pegging. And you have 6 frosties, I am sure one of them is your next bubba. xx

Today I think I am the closest to thinking about giving up on everything I have ever been And not because I want to, because I think this is everything conspiring to tell me its all over.

Sorry girls, I'll go away now and let you all go on with your TWWs etc.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I completely understand about not wanting to change FS - especially if you've had one move already. I don't get why they won't let you be the judge of how soon to move!

I know what you're saying about feeling that everything is conspiring against you, and I think you're very entitled to feel that way. But you also know that it really isn't. It's a crappy run of luck, and awful to go through, but no one is plotting against you. I don't personally think there are signs or omens in what we go through - just nature being random and dodgy at times. This is a horrible setback, and an awful awful time, but it doesn't mean that your dreams are out of reach.

Don't make any decisions when you're feeling like this. All any of us can do at the moment is put one foot in front of the other and keep moving. I believe you'll turn a corner, and I will keep everything crossed that things start speeding up for you sooner rather than later. But when you're feeling like this it's not a great time to be making any big decisions (says me who offered on a house on the back of my mc). Just be gentle with yourself, and focus on one day at a time.

We are all here. No one wants you to go anywhere, AND there are lots of people (me included) who are not in 2wws either!!!! And you know that being in a 2ww, or even having a BFP, can be a scary time for all of us. We all need to support each other, and everyone is here for you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Sel - I totally understand your frustration. I was in exactly the same situation. When I had my m/c, it was a natural one & was what they call a "complete m/c". Well, that's what I was told ... and my FS preferred to let it all resolve naturally, didn't want to do a D&C if it could be avoided. Great, suited me - I like that he prefers to let things happen naturally. I had the bleeding incident on the night of the m/c, next day it had stopped but had a scan - nothing there. Stopped the pessaries - 2 days later AF arrived. After that I then had to have BTs every week to check the hCG coming down, and pretty much kept spotting/bleeding for weeks and weeks. And FS said that, once hCG got down to zero (or less than 10 anyway) I would have AF again after that and then he wanted me to wait a whole additional cycle until the NEXT AF before starting again ... for no real reason. I could understand him saying hCG has to come down before you can go again, but why did it have to come down, have AF, then do nothing for a month but wait for AF again, THEN you can go? I was so frustrated and annoyed, especially at my age. It seemed so arbitrary. But AF was really a bit mental most of that time - I bled for ages and single-handedly propped up the sanitary items industry in Australia for the financial year!. So that last month that felt like an arbitrary wait was probably really just allowing my body to get back to normal. So he was probably right - but it still annoyed me. However, in your case you've had a D&C and still haven't started to bleed. I would think there must be something they can do. But I do feel your pain lovey.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (29-08-2012)

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sel - I just want to send you some huge and hope that things start looking up for you soon.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney Baby For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls. Im just going to sit here and cry some more because I want too!!!
    Im so over it. And I know you are right GirlX.
    And thanks peez. It just sucks balls. And why do they keep telling us that age is a factor and then no let us move on when we actually can. I just dont get it.

I can see the rest of the year just going past. And the last cycle was in bl00dy May. I mean REALLY!!!!
    Yes I say really a lot when I am angry!!!

xx