Closed Thread
Page 64 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

Thanks ladies! You're all so encouraging, its wonderful. The scan tech did say they were looking good and that it was good that they were all close together in size. It's nice that you guys said exactly the same thing. I could see straight away that they were smaller than my three big ones last cycle, so I had a feeling before she even said anything that I wouldn't be able to trigger tonight. I had chosen which flight I was going to book on Saturday, but now I've chosen one for next Tuesday. Can't believe I've got another week here..

Peez - I'm taking zinc in my Blackmores Preg and BFing caps, hopefully it's enough. And I had an egg yesterday and another one this morning, so maybe I'll have one every day between now and EPU. Out of curiousity, is it the protein in eggs that's good for the follies, or is there someone else specifically about eggs which is beneficial?

KandP - That is amazing, what a terrific result!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks so much for all your answers. Wow - 50% chance of pregnancy? I never knew it was so high! That really gives me hope.

So, mine are all frozen at the 5 day point, so that means they would usually transfer on CD19? At the moment I have no idea when to anticipate it! Sorry to be slow... I know I should wait to ask the FS, but I find I often get more info here anyway (Despite the midwife specifically instructing me to 'stay away from forums' when I had never mentioned them! )

I'm starting to get excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    50 % chance of clinical pregnancy at my clinic and they are one of the best. But remember those stats are clinical - really its more like 17-25% chance of a take home baby - ivf stats are a special kind of evil. Sorry to burst the bubble. You and I count in the 50% successes.

But you should be getting excited, you are back on the road and with 6 frosties you have a really good chance

xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SelM22 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (27-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.

I saw someone mentioned the success rate for ET with fresh embryo is 50% for under 35. Do you know what it is for a 39 year old? I think my doc said 30-40%. I wish I had some frozen, but that's just the way it is. I thought I got a low egg numbers because of my low amh but doc said I would have got a low amount of follicles and I got 7, but only 3 eggs recovered. This time I'm going to do a double trigger in the hope that more eggs are collected and I have no empty follies. I guess this means that they just didn't mature in time. Doc thought waiting longer might mean I miss ovulation.

Question, we're going to try naturally in between cycles, and I was going to be some OPT's. Are they ok to buy off ebay? They're half the price of Lullaby Conceptions, and I really want to save money, with all this money I'm spending on vitamins etc..

Also congratulations Lkeith. Fingers crossed for BT.

Selm, you're depressed because of the crap situation you're in, and I think anti-d's may help but also they're not proven safe for pregnant women so that's why FS says' stay off them. I think going to the counsellor will help you, keep going, and if that doesn't help and if being depressed really stops you functioning then think about the med's. Also vent on here.

I think the only thing that really cures the grief of infertility is time. It's the same grief as if you've lost a loved one. I'm feeling better each day, and slowly coming to terms of what if we never have another. IVF has no guarentees so I think we have to deal with the emotions around what if. I really hope you get pregnant, you deserve it. And you are so not too old or left it too late at all.
    Last edited by Luckyme1; 27-08-2012 at 13:26.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

LKeith  (27-08-2012),SelM22  (27-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky - thanks. Yeah it is because of the crap situation.
    Just been reading on Fragile X again, oh god. Please universe...
    FS says there is one anti-d that is safe. Im still thinking about it. again!

My FS did give me the rates for 35-38yos as well. Sorry cant remember, but something like you say sounds right, with a good looking blast on d5. Again though this is clinical preg rates (doesnt include chemical pregs), includes pregs where pregnancy is seen on US at sometime. So broad definition. Its not the take home baby rate So my loss of the twin girls counts

What helps me to get through the stats stuff is thinking that its 17-25% take home baby rate per cycle, so over 4 cycles that is about 65-70 percent success, but all depends on individual circumstances of course.

Hang in there ladies, I am trying too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

Thanks zakmick, all smooth sailing! I'm now PUPO! Keep thinking of that Simpson's episode where they have the hit song 'baby on board'...

Girl x, I'm not sure how they time it without a natural ov either. But our clinic actually only defrosts them the morning of transfer. We had to say if we were. happy for them to just keep thawing until they got one, or if we wanted them to ring us before they tried any more than one. Although we had 3 and the nurse said most people just want them to keep going till they get one, the last thing I wanted was to get there and find out we had none left.

Turns out it was all good and our first one thawed fine, was expanding from its compacted state as they looked again before transfer.

So, AF would be due in 8 days, BT is set for 11 days... Sept 7th.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to franniesplace For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (27-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KandP - yay for a frosty!!! Not that you'll need it for a couple of years. Frannie - congrats on being PUPO! Yay for first frosty thawing well.

Thanks
    Reviews

I just had my first acup appt and it was lovely! I felt more relaxed after this than my massage on Friday! I have another appt on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews

I always said I would try acupuncture but never got around to it. Did it hurt?

Thanks
    Reviews

No not at all, she gave me a bit of a massage too. She said that all of my pulses were good for pregnancy hehe. I figure that it was SO relaxing and I only paid $18 (it's $75 pre rebate) that it can only be good
    Last edited by KandP; 27-08-2012 at 17:19.