Closed Thread
Page 63 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sariele - I know it's disappointing, but it's better that your eggs are nice & mature. If you're not already, take a decent amount of zinc in the next couple of days. Apparently it helps the eggs in that last stage of maturation. And eat plenty of eggs, if you like them. Grow little follies, grow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey girls so sorry for lack of posts, our internet has been stuffed up for days and finally just got it working!

I've been trying to get on on my iPhone but twice I wrote two long posts and lost them. Stupid technology.

Lots of pupo girls!!! and a few more bfps!

I'll stop back tonight and do personals.

I'm ok. Yukky, yukky migraines still from the remnants of the clomid. Biopsy on Thursday then af on time hopefully then clomid again (yay! ) then double emby transfer around 24th of sept.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele sorry it's going to be longer than you thought, but 9 sounds really good! Hope the time goes by fast for you!!

BT in the morning for me and I just poas again and it was positive so that made me feel a little better. Probably won't be able to sleep tonight though

Thanks for all of the congrats ladies

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

Sariele, I'll be thinking of your little follies growing nice and plump

Oh girls I just had an email from my nurse... They grew my other morula to day 6 and it's frozen!!!! It's also graded as a BB which is good I think!!! But we have a frosty!!!!! YAY!! Considering the other 3 arrested, this is huge for us. ARGH!!!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KandP For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (27-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KandP View Post
    Sariele, I'll be thinking of your little follies growing nice and plump

Oh girls I just had an email from my nurse... They grew my other morula to day 6 and it's frozen!!!! It's also graded as a BB which is good I think!!! But we have a frosty!!!!! YAY!! Considering the other 3 arrested, this is huge for us. ARGH!!!!!!
    Awesome news!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    K&P - Yayy! Great news!

Clementine - Fingers crossed for Thursday.

LKeith - Keep us posted tomorrow, but all sounds like it will be awesome news!

I'm currently up to 3 Progynova tablets a day, moving to 4 from Wednesday. Seeing FS Wednesday morning for a scan and will book in frozen transfer after that.

I've never done an FET before. So I have some questions please, for those that have...

How long after your scan do they usually do it? My scan is on CD10. So would they do the FET on CD14??? I don't ovulate, so there are no issues there, and I'm taking the Progynova to thicken up the endometrium ready for the embryo.

When do they defrost your embryo? And if it doesn't thaw properly then do they just defrost another one, or do you have to cancel the cycle? I have 6 frozen, so there are 'spares' (for want of a better word), but I wasn't sure if there was only one window of opportunity on the timing front.

Someone said to me that your odds are better with an FET than a fresh one. Is that true? I would have thought it to be the opposite.

Thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

LKeith  (27-08-2012)

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Sariele: that's fantastic news you have a possible 9 follies there!! I know it suxs not going home but hopefully them growing slower will mean they are better quality! As Peez said get on the zinc.

Kandp: all this talk last night about you not having any to freeze, made this little morula - say ' I'm going to prove you wrong mum!'.. It's awesome news. I asked in the other thread but how did the acupuncture go? Did you enjoy it?

Frannies, I hope everything went well!

Clem: have been wondering where you have been?

Hi everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele - hang in there lovely. Better that they grow them slowly in my experience. We got much better results when they did that Sux about not going home yet, totally understand that one But 9 is great, and all being around the same size is fantastic!

GirlX I havent done an FET either. But did ask FS lots of questions about it the other day. Seems that some women do better with an FET and without all of the stimms effects. My clinic data in under 35 says 50% clinical preg rate with blast tfr on fresh and 50% on FET. So even. But that data didnt take into account the embies that dont thaw, so slightly lower, but not much.

Oh and re defrosting, our clinic has a 90% defrost rate - they use vitrification, Im assuming it would be like with our straws of sperm and they defrost as many as we say until they get some good stuff. But we have had that talk with the FS in advance of all cycles. Thats a question for your list for FS for this week!

KandP - that is kick **** news

Clem - glad you are ok!

GL everyone

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SelM22 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (27-08-2012)

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Hey girlx,

Hmm not sure when they would do your transfer, mine goes from the day I ovulate and then depends on how old my embryos are. Ie 5 days past ovulation for blastocyst and 3 days past for 3 day embryo.

My clinic will defrost the embryos depending on what time is your transfer. If its early morning they defrost the afternoon before (call me that afternoon to give an update) if an afternoon apt they defrost that morning ( I'm also given an update before I get to the clinic)

We stipulate how many embryos we want transferred and then ask for a progressive thaw. We get two put in. Which means they only defrost 2 embryos initially and then if one or either doesn't make it they then defrost another. They have enough time to do this, and it means they only defrost what is needed.

Clinics are having more success with FET and I think it's a number of reasons, mainly though that the females body is not in any trauma from the epu and a FET is a lot less stressful on the females body- as you are not on as many drugs, if any. It more mimics a natural pregnancy.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (27-08-2012),SelM22  (27-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think part of the reason for good success rates with FETs is because there are less issues with producing progesterone. What happens in EPU (disturbing the follicle with a needle) leave a lot of people unable to produce progesterone from the corpus luteums. Hence the need for crinone, pessaries, pregnyl etc. I am one such person AND also don't seem to absorb the pessaries very well. I am hoping that in a FET I won't have such an issue. Another reason for good success rates is that embies which survive the freezing & thawing process are obviously good strong ones, so have a good chance of taking. And if they were frozen at day 5, as we all know, most clinics only freeze ones that are high quality - so they were already great blasties to start with.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (27-08-2012),SelM22  (27-08-2012)