Closed Thread
Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

Disney, we started ivf originally for me due to pco, DH was always told his swimmers were awesome...
    Last year we found out the sperm quality had diminished. No official tests were conducted but the embryologist informed us we had to use icsi.
    DH never said much, but I know it tore him up, i think it has a something to do with his daily drinking and smoking. He has agreed to start taking vitamins just in case we have to do another stim cycle.
    He has started as of last monday taking royal jelly, maca gold, vit c and zinc. My understanding of vitamins is yes you can have too much but majority of the time your body will keep what it needs and excrete what it doesn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakmick View Post
    Disney, we started ivf originally for me due to pco, DH was always told his swimmers were awesome...
    Last year we found out the sperm quality had diminished. No official tests were conducted but the embryologist informed us we had to use icsi.
    DH never said much, but I know it tore him up, i think it has a something to do with his daily drinking and smoking. He has agreed to start taking vitamins just in case we have to do another stim cycle.
    He has started as of last monday taking royal jelly, maca gold, vit c and zinc. My understanding of vitamins is yes you can have too much but majority of the time your body will keep what it needs and excrete what it doesn't.
    My DP is the same. I originally went to see my FS to go on Metformin for pcos because we thought that was the problem. Turns out that i actually ovulate most months and it turned out to be my DP who has a super low count. We put him on Menevit and i think it may have helped.

At the end of the day, it takes two people to make a baby, so you are in it together. I sometimes get really frustrated that DP has such a low count, so low we can’t even think about normal ivf or ICSI. I know it’s not his fault though, infertility is no one’s fault. We seem to get pregnant easily, but i keep having miscarriages so i’m now assuming there is something wrong with me.

If he gives you any trouble taking the Menevit, get your FS to show him the size of the needle going through the side of your VJ and a few pills won’t look so bad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Too much? Vitamin C - no, he'll just pee out what his body doesn't want. Zinc - yes, it is possible. Google for higher limits of zinc consumption and check how much is in Menevit. I think around 30mg a day is fine. L'arginine - no idea, sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zak - I remember when you were going through that with the girl. Must be hard to be separated from her little one, but removing the stress from your life is important. All these nights I've been having trouble sleeping, my thoughts keep turning to a "friend" of mine, where things have been quite awkward and not good for a while. I really don't want to be thinking about her or the situation, as I want to be de-stressing ... but I can't help it. And every time I think about her, and thinking back to things she has said and done that have upset me (even things that happened ages ago) it makes me more stressed. I don't know what to do - I need a way to switch my brain off. I have retreated from her a bit - I didn't go to her hens night, that was on the weekend between my EPU & transfer. But how do I just let it all go out of my brain?

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Zak - I remember when you were going through that with the girl. Must be hard to be separated from her little one, but removing the stress from your life is important. All these nights I've been having trouble sleeping, my thoughts keep turning to a "friend" of mine, where things have been quite awkward and not good for a while. I really don't want to be thinking about her or the situation, as I want to be de-stressing ... but I can't help it. And every time I think about her, and thinking back to things she has said and done that have upset me (even things that happened ages ago) it makes me more stressed. I don't know what to do - I need a way to switch my brain off. I have retreated from her a bit - I didn't go to her hens night, that was on the weekend between my EPU & transfer. But how do I just let it all go out of my brain?
    I just don't know how we can switch our brains off. It was confronting yesterday, in class I was teaching forgiveness, but in the back of my mind I knew I wasn't doing what I was preaching. In my defence, lunchtime fights on the playground are a little different to what we go through..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally heard from GP. Monday's hCG was 25. Today's was 238. That's a big increase in 3 days. Praying it keeps going - though I won't be getting more blood tests done to see!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    Finally heard from GP. Monday's hCG was 25. Today's was 238. That's a big increase in 3 days. Praying it keeps going - though I won't be getting more blood tests done to see!

See, it was a blessing that you didn’t get that result straight away. Otherwise you would probably have been stressing even more the last few days worrying it was low.

Thats a good jump, all looks great!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clem, you're so right. That is the first thing Hubby said, too. Focus on today's.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Great resuly mrsj, and clem is totally right!

Awww I want to get numbers now!!! *insert TTC tantrum emoticon here*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow girls! Im sitting here at my desk with a few little tears ;(

Zak I often think of how hard things must be for social workers with what they experience everyday (and teachers really). I work as one of those annoying uni researchers who talk to social workers and "clients" about things like their life with a disability, experiences of homelessness, domestic violence etc. So I totally hear you. I recently did a project with refugees and I cant tell you how many little refugee kids I could have scooped up and taken home with me - from all over the country And somedays I shed tears privately for their lives, and for me not being able to have a child of my own to care for - as we have everything in place to do that and the resources as well. So totally hear you on this one.

Just for laughs too peonies and Zak - here is my facebook status posted at about 10.30 last night - sound familiar????
    "Needs a time out from this brain "

This process pretty much forces us to constantly be thinking about options and researching everything we can (some of us with unlimited access to all the medical journals you could imagine ). And at some point, all of that causes the inevitable crash.

Disney - the girls are right, its a shared thing. And remember ICSI is about helping to overcome fragmentation issues. I dont think we can have that prob so much, because DHs sperm is testicular - so pretty much the worst apart from being all immature - and fragmentation happens when the stuff learns to swim. Ours doesnt swim

Peonies and Sariele - I think very much like you with the whole donor stuff as does DH (mostly), but I still bristle when people who know what we are going through say just adopt, or relax and it will happen, or maybe go for a donor, because I think ideally all of us would like a bubs genetically related to one or other of us!

Clem hun, it might not be "you" causing the miscarriages. The not so great sperm has to still have a role too. I have no idea how much, but it must. I know the literature pretty much says more "probs" are caused by the eggs, but surely logic says if the sperm also isnt great the embies wont be so great? I dont know...maybe not!

MrsJ - phew re the not knowing the low Beta - mind you, that is pretty much spot on for the day I reckon! Keep cooking that little one - well only in a moderate oven

Sariele - I have found the bath thing works, or I think it does.

Back is still caning here. Please be O or AF.
    God knows which one. This miscarriage thing sux.

Big hugs all of you.
    Im off home, try to beat the Adelaide thur night late night shopping traffic.

PS not sure that I like the IVF babies due Jan/Feb/March 2013 ad being so blatant on the page right now, reminds me of things I am trying my hardest to ignore
    Its kind of like all the fertility ads I get on my FB page - I mean really, yeah ok, I know how old I am, and my ovaries remind me often!!!