Closed Thread
Page 59 of 102 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

Sel - Sometimes the first few sessions with a counsellor can make you feel negative as you are bringing up alot of emotions that you have been supressing for a while. Keep focussing on moving forward hun.

I read a great quote the other day about ivf.

"You didnt cause your infertility, its not your fault. You cant cure it. You only do the best to overcome it. That is all you can do."

This quote helps me to remember that there is only so much I can physically and emotionally do. At some point we will all resolve our infertility, what is on the otherside and how it will happen we cant know but we will resolve it.

Find those things you love in life and try to do something little everyday.

Hugs to those struggling x

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

LKeith  (27-08-2012),SelM22  (26-08-2012),Zakmick  (26-08-2012)

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

Quote Originally Posted by dancingbutterfly View Post
    Sel - Sometimes the first few sessions with a counsellor can make you feel negative as you are bringing up alot of emotions that you have been supressing for a while. Keep focussing on moving forward hun.

I read a great quote the other day about ivf.

"You didnt cause your infertility, its not your fault. You cant cure it. You only do the best to overcome it. That is all you can do."

This quote helps me to remember that there is only so much I can physically and emotionally do. At some point we will all resolve our infertility, what is on the otherside and how it will happen we cant know but we will resolve it.

Find those things you love in life and try to do something little everyday.

Hugs to those struggling x
    That's beautiful dancing. Thank you for sharing.

I've been thinking about what might come after a bit lately. It's a sad time for a few of us right now. Sending hugs to Sel and everyone who needs them xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakmick View Post
    Kandp- try and not let the constipation get worse as that can increase those cramps. I get constant cramps and feel yuk after epu, which is why we did a freeze all last cycle for my body to heal.
    Increasing fibre and water in the diet is good, but the pharmacist said to me last pregnancy that metamucil is only good for you if are already regular as it can further block you up if not.
    The pharmacist suggested Lactolose to me last time when it got too severe and that worked very quickly, the other things are prunes daily fruit or juice and pear juice is suppose to do wonders.

If constipated it can give us headaches too.

Sorry girls I feel like all I'm doing is preaching, but if I can make things easier from my experience I like to help..
    You're not preaching zak, you're amazing. thank you.

The thing with us, though, is that we don't get to freeze stage. I seem to have either an egg or embryo issue; they go great guns to day 3, then either arrest of downgrade. Mine started at a grade 3 (good for my clinic) and then day 4 dropped to grade 2, and then by ET, 3 had arrested, 2 were still morulas and one was an early blast, but a 2DD (not so good). we had them transferred and nature may look lovingly on us and grow them into bubbas, but yeah, we can't freeze, it seems.

I bought some movicol before and am keeping up the fluids and benefiber too. Pear juice gave me horrific gripes so the chemist said movicol is more gentle, but fast acting. I've just had it so fingers crossed!
    Last edited by KandP; 26-08-2012 at 18:18.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

Ladies, I have a question... we have FET tomorrow at 11.30am, and I know they recommend a bit of hanky panky to warm things up in there, so would we be better to do it tonight or wait till the morning? TMI warning... I think the closer to transfer the better, but I also think its kind of gross for the FS to be down there, with swimmers still there.

Does anyone know any research or heard anything to help me here?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by franniesplace View Post
    Ladies, I have a question... we have FET tomorrow at 11.30am, and I know they recommend a bit of hanky panky to warm things up in there, so would we be better to do it tonight or wait till the morning? TMI warning... I think the closer to transfer the better, but I also think its kind of gross for the FS to be down there, with swimmers still there.

Does anyone know any research or heard anything to help me here?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    We have never been told to DTD before hand but I have read many clinics recommend it, i wouldnt be too worried about DH's swimmers as FS will clean the area firstly...I think enjoy it as close to the time as possible, dont worry about FS!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow, LKeith, what a beautiful line! Congrats!

And Zak, I got such lovely feelings looking at your snuggly furbaby; I cannot wait to see my gorgeous girls in hopefully less than a week. I miss their furry little faces so much, I even almost miss them banging on the bedroom door in the middle of the night. Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by KandP View Post

Sariele - How are you going? How are the injections treating you? <3
    Thanks for asking, I'm going okay. Got another BT and my first (and fingers crossed only) scan tomorrow, and if it's anything like last cycle I'll be ready to trigger tomorrow night. Really looking forward to seeing what's going on in my ovaries tomorrow morning! Last night when I was lying in bed, I sneezed and got a sharp-ish pain in my right ovary.. so I was then paranoid that I had ruptured all the follicles on the right-hand side or something, lol.

AFM -I had a freak out this morning. Yesterday, i gave myself the pregnyl injection and i must have hit a big capillary as i bled like a stuck pig. It was fully red but was a little worrying. Anyway, i decided to POAS this morning so I could see the pregnyl in my system. I used an Internet pregnany test (i bought them in January 2011) and there is only the FAINTEST second line -it was like the line i got on my BFN in May. I freaked out a little, thinking that i'd lost the pregynl shot in the bleed, so i called the QFG office and the nurse was WONDERFUL. She reassured me that if i did she shot slowly and held the shot for 10 seconds, there is no way i would have lost any. Well, it was so stingy that it took me about 1 minute to actually do the shot and then i held it for another 10 seconds! She said not to put stock in that test, that's it's probably not sensitive at all, hence only the faint second line.
    I'm glad you posted this story, because twice this week I've had a lot of blood come out after Lucrin injections, and I was concerned that some was "leaking" out afterwards and I wasn't getting the full dose. But after I've completely depressed it, I always hold it there while I count slowly to ten, so it ends up being more than ten seconds anyway.

So many people say how sting-y the Pregnyl is, but I didn't find that at all last time! Hopefully I won't this time either. I'm scared of breaking open the ampules this time around though, because since I did it previously, I've heard a few horror stories of the whole thing shattering! What are you supposed to do in that situation anyway?? It's not like they give you a whole spare kit..

Also, I will be using internet cheapies to test out my Pregnyl trigger, so I'm glad you've prepared me for the fact that the line may be faint. Last cycle I used a FRER the morning after (just so I could see two lines, for the first time in my life), and the test line was just as strong as the control line. So until I read your post I was expecting the same on an IC..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

LKeith  (27-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I get a t-towel to help me break the pregnyl bottles open. Just ensure your thumb and index finger is covering the black dot and pop backwards. Prior to the t-towel trick I was smashing them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Another thing on ic's. When I tested on Thursday morning with fmu I only got a 1/2 strength line and my hcg was very high. I don't trust them so much anymore, they are supposed to be good to 10miu!

KandP if you go to google scholar that's where I found a paper about fun stuff before ET. I'll try and find it. I did it the night before ET because I couldn't bear the FS having to see that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wunsi - are ICs internet cheapies?? I know that Chemist Warehouse have the 3 packs of first response on sale for $10.

As for fun stuff. I was supposed to DTD the afternoon of EPU but i was in SO much pain and was bleeding alot more heavy than last time, there was no way i could have done it. I was still sore on Saturday morning, so we had a bit of fun, but not a total time of it. I'm hoping that the pregnancy isn't riding on DTD when prescribed, because we didn't

Can anyone tell me the actual reason that DTD the day of/night before ET is important? Apparently the female orgasm has a lot to do with it. What about the women that don't orgasm through intercourse? :\

As for the pregnyl, i use one of my syringes - pop the stopper out, put the end over the top of the ampoule and then pop it like that (black spot facing front).
    Last edited by KandP; 26-08-2012 at 20:01.

Thanks
    Reviews

For what it's worth on Internet cheapies... the eBay ones were rubbish with me. Best cheapies (that picked up from 10+) were the purple Lullaby Conceptions ones. They saw something from 5dp5dt.