Closed Thread
Page 54 of 102 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

Quote Originally Posted by SelM22 View Post
    GL girls.

Mrsj I know how u feel. I'm in bed with this stupid cold now. Feel like I've been sick for 3 months now. thought I was doing ok with things but very teary today. I give up. good undies, sex, baths, white pants, nothing. um sick of waiting. fing universe hates us. perhaps its time to move on.

Sorry I leave u all alone now. you don't need me being down all the time.
    Sel, have you tried the parsley tea? Apparently it tastes disgusting, I haven't personally tried it for AF but I was tempted.

For colds/ flus I highly recommend the following:

Someone else commented about the manuka honey- I love it, it's like a wellbeing honey. You can get different strengths, for colds and flus I'd recommend 20+ or 25+, you buy it from health food shops, it is expensive. It was $50 for 20+ I got the other day.
    You can have two teaspoons a day for overall wellbeing, make honey and lemon drinks, suck on the honey for a sore throat and I have even been rubbing it on a rash- its cleared it up 100% over past two days.
    I noticed on another baby forum some women are taking it for implantation too.

Also Olive leaf extract will help the severity of the cold and make it disappear faster- this tastes like eating Lucerne Hay (horse and cow feed not that I have personally eaten it before but it reminds me of feeding my horse when I was younger, K'iesha would approve), so not the best taste. For flus you would double the recommended dosage. Just don't have olive leaf extract if your pregnant or PUPO- not enough proof to say its ok yet.

Also my TCM lady said to grate some fresh ginger in a cup of boiling water let it rest for a minute or two-then remove the ginger. Have one of these firstly then have another while in a hot bath- the heat from the bath and the ginger combined, heat up the body and aid in getting rid of the fever. I didn't try this as my bath is too small for me(6ft1)- she said she does this all the time. If pregnant or PUPO have the ginger tea on its own but not with the bath- you don't want to overheat.

I hope you feel better, feeling sick and already feeling flat make things all the worst!!

Hang around chicky, we all have our days we don't want to crawl out from under the doona x

Edited post due to incorrect information
    Last edited by Zakmick; 25-08-2012 at 23:52.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good luck to all the PUPO ladies!

Sel - Had to stop in and say please don't leave us all alone. In the first place you are not down all the time, in the second place you are entitled to be down as much as you like and we are here to support you, and in the third place you have been a great support to lots of us and we like having you around. Don't make me get to 4th 5th and 6th places!!!

Has your FS said how much longer they want you to wait it out for? And will they be able to do something to help? I know for me they put me straight on the contraceptive pill (after the mc) because that's the only way I will ever have AF. So I went on it straight away in order to start the FET cycle. Could they do that with you, or would that not work/ do they want to wait longer?

Sorry - I know I've asked you something like that before. I honestly think my brain has long deserted me...

I'm out to a party soon, and am planning on a cheeky vino or two. I'm sure I will have to curtail that when the next treatment properly starts, so am enjoying it while I can!

Feeling very up and down at the moment. Positive one minute and down the next. Just wish everyone would stop getting pregnant all around me. Sometimes I think I'm some kind of fertility charm to all around me. Come hang out with me for a day, ladies, and I'll empty the TTC threads in just minutes...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (25-08-2012)

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews

On a side note, I also read some women are taking a cough elixir (didn't say what brand) to help with implantation anyone heard or read this?

Just thought I should tell you all too, as so many are getting sick, that cough lollies with menthol ( I think majority all have it) are not proven to be safe to take while pregnant. I had this issue last year when I had severe tonsilitis with a transfer, I couldn't take anything for the throat except honey drinks- didn't know about the manuka then. The pharmacist was very insistent of me steering clear of the cough lollies and instead gargling with salt water. I hope I haven't scared anyone.

Yay peonies for getting back to the gym, I have missed my workouts too with my PT, but there has never seemed to be a time to start back with her- with all the other c.rap going on.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post

I'm out to a party soon, and am planning on a cheeky vino or two. I'm sure I will have to curtail that when the next treatment properly starts, so am enjoying it while I can!

Feeling very up and down at the moment. Positive one minute and down the next. Just wish everyone would stop getting pregnant all around me. Sometimes I think I'm some kind of fertility charm to all around me. Come hang out with me for a day, ladies, and I'll empty the TTC threads in just minutes...
    GirlX enjoy yourself tonight I had a few drinkies this week too, preparing for hopefully fx 9mths of sobriety. Enjoy yourself!
    You did make me giggle I envisioned a swarm of bhubbers tracking you down!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (26-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    GirlX - you're my new bestie!!

Zak - I know people say Robitussin (sp?) helps create more EW cervical mucous for TTC. Is that what you were thinking of?

As for the gym, yes exactly! I went from major gyno surgery last year, so couldn't go for ages after that. Then just when I did start to go again a bit, we were gearing up for IVF and was told not to overheat or over-exert myself. So I did nothing, then I was UTD then a m/c that took 2 months, then next round of IVF. So I just haven't done anything. But I thought, well I know have at least 6 weeks before the FET so why not try and get some fitness back? It surely can only help to lose a few kgs and gain some muscle too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1xbabyplease View Post
    Lilbabysteps, estrogen under <150 is considered baseline, 279 means you have started to respond but got a way to go. Usually they will do your first scan at around 1000 and egg pickup will be when whatever is showing on your scan gets mature- so usually by trigger estrogen is a few thousand. It is different for everyone depending on how they expect you to respond so don't take what i said as gospel- there are a lot of factors. My E2 would do nothing, nothing, nothing then bang- really high- around 19days of jabbing! Thats PCOS for you.....

Hang in there. I know the shots drive you mad, especially the longer they go
    Hey 1xbabyplease,

Thanks for that! I was a bit concerned after she said, "that's low" and that I needed to come back in 5-6 days for another BT. So I did and on Friday she said my level is now sitting at about 1500 and I am booked for an U/S on Monday! How exciting! I'm really not sure what to expect so every little step is like Christmas lol, What will you be doing now ??

Thanks
    Reviews

I've only had panadol. Too scared to try anything else for the sore throat. Salt water makes me gag so I haven't done it yet. Might have to suck it up and give it a try though.

Thanks for all the suggestions. It sounds like a few of us are down in the dumps, health-wise right now.

Thanks
    Reviews

It could be that Peonies but it was a few women in the ivf threads, saying they were taking it too. Honestly I didn't take much notice of it as I was researching the royal jelly etc, just thought wow, what's going to be next??

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    I've only had panadol. Too scared to try anything else for the sore throat. Salt water makes me gag so I haven't done it yet. Might have to suck it up and give it a try though.

Thanks for all the suggestions. It sounds like a few of us are down in the dumps, health-wise right now.
    Have you tried hot water, lemon and honey? Yep I hear you, the salt water makes me gag too! But when I started on it and did it as often as I could, my throat improved quickly.
    I also was given the hydralyte icyploes as I was getting dehydrated, but I ended up just drinking the liquid- they helped too.
    I feel for you, as I was so sick last year and in the end I couldn't keep my temp down and I think I cooked the embryos ( i ended with a chemical) a 40degree temp is not good.

Thanks
    Reviews

Well I've given dh a leave pass tonight and am off to see Magic Mike tonight with my bestie!