Closed Thread
Page 50 of 102 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

Kandp: My clinic doesn't tell me grades, they will tell me if their satisfactory and what cell numbers they are as well as fragmentation (but when you have been doing this long enough you start to work out the better ones)
    In the end if any are able to be frozen, we are told they have reached whatever stage, day3, blastocyst etc and that's it.
    My clinic feels if they tell us grades etc we will fret more than we need to, as every embryo that is transferred has the same chance as another whether it's graded high or low, unless you have had them chromosome tested- then its higher odds.
    I prefer it like this as I know I would think it was doomed from the start if it was graded low. I think we have enough to drive us insane during ivf.
    My thoughts are if they make it to freeze stage, they deserve a chance.

Sounds like the massage was the best thing for you!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

KandP  (24-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi everyone,

I've been reading along for a while so thought I'd say hi! I'm waiting for AF to start my second round of IVF. First round was cancelled after 7 days of stims for low response. Have PCOS & endo with one destroyed tube.

Congrats to all the BFP's and fingers crossed for everyone else!

Mam - I obviously don't know much about anything to do with this journey yet but my AMH was 29.8 which I was told was quite high, hence the low initial dose of stims for risk of OHSS (never thought I'd only get 3 follies!). If you look on the repromed web page there's a graph somewhere with the numbers on it - found it once but can't find it again! Good luck with your meds - is this your first round?

Hope nobody minds me joining in - love the humour here and would love to stick around if that's okay?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome impatient. Great name as I'm sure that's how everyone feels here! I'm sorry your first cycle was cancelled. All that excitement to start and then nothing. I hope your 2nd cycle is "the ONE".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky - my amh isn't 1 but close. It's 2.5 and I'm 32 years old. I was worried about egg quality too as I wasn't too sure if low amh meant low numbers of eggs or also low quality. But still somehow managed a BFP with this low amh. So there is hope. I know you have already been through so much. Hopefully your knowledgeable FS is right and you still have a good chance. We had a planb as well. If this FET didn't work, it would have been one more stim cycle and that would have been it. I couldn't handle it emotionally, mentally or financially. But that was after a discussion with dh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Omg, I go away for a week and Keisha has her own thread....GOLD!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Zakmick View Post
    I prefer it like this as I know I would think it was doomed from the start if it was graded low. I think we have enough to drive us insane during ivf.
    My thoughts are if they make it to freeze stage, they deserve a chance.
    I have no idea what my clinic does, having never made it past zygote stage, but I totally agree with the above. In the couple of years I've been hanging on IVF forums, the number of times I've read, "my emby/ies were graded so low and had terrible fragmentation but I still got a sticky one" is ridiculous. Enough to make me feel that embryo grading means nothing for our chances, so I kind of hope my clinic doesn't tell me much about my embies either.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (24-08-2012),Zakmick  (24-08-2012)

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews

I have noticed a few posts lately about low AMH, I received an email the other day on this same subject, from Stacey Roberts from Sharkeys Healing Centre- I've subscribed to them, thought I should share.

She was saying they have had a lot of success with women and low AMH. There are many programs (herbs etc) depending on your circumstances to follow and even have programs to compliment and support ivf.

My BIL took their herbs when he was told he had very low/ virtually non existent sperm. He took a 3 mths supply of the herbs and now they have 3 kids through ivf, as they had to use TESA.

Not saying it will work, but it might be worth a look and I know you can make apts with them on Skype as their based in qld.

http://www.sharkeyshealingcentre.com.au/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually agree with you Sariele and Zakmick - i'd much rather that i didn't know how bad they were, really. I don't want to fixate on it, you know? I'd rather just know that i have an emby on board and get on with the TWW.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KandP For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (24-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks lackers!! I hope it stays away for 9 months too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by impatient81 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've been reading along for a while so thought I'd say hi! I'm waiting for AF to start my second round of IVF. First round was cancelled after 7 days of stims for low response. Have PCOS & endo with one destroyed tube.

Congrats to all the BFP's and fingers crossed for everyone else!

Mam - I obviously don't know much about anything to do with this journey yet but my AMH was 29.8 which I was told was quite high, hence the low initial dose of stims for risk of OHSS (never thought I'd only get 3 follies!). If you look on the repromed web page there's a graph somewhere with the numbers on it - found it once but can't find it again! Good luck with your meds - is this your first round?

Hope nobody minds me joining in - love the humour here and would love to stick around if that's okay?
    Hi impatient 81!!

Sorry about your cancelled cycle!! This will be my first round of ivf, have been on injections for OI and IUI for what feels like forever so am used to jabbing, this is just jabbing higher doses and an extra drug!! Haha! I'm starting n 125 Gonal f, what dose are u on? when I was doing IUI I was injecting 100 and overstimulated so fs thought 125 would be a good starting place. practice cycle she called it!! Said wont be surprised if we have to cancel too will see how I go, never know hey?? Stranger things have happened!!

Yeah they said my AMH was so high cause of my pcos, I have never ovulated on my own before so I'm not surprised there are a heap of unused little follicles in there!! Haha!!

G'luck!! When are u expecting AF??

Thanks
    Reviews

AF is due next Friday, went and picked up my meds today though and the FN said not to be surprised if it's late... Or early :-). So I guess we'll just wait and see!! It was late last month but I think that's cos I was stressed and checking every 5 minutes... I'm sure we've all been there!!

I was on 125 of puregon last month, which I think is the same as gonal F, but they've upped me to 225 this month. Wish they had of said practice cycle to me last month, might have made it a little easier - I knew that I probably wouldn't get UTD but thought if it was cancelled it would have been for OHSS reasons - never dreamed it would be for lack of response, so was pretty devastated. But then I read through forums like these and see how amazingly strong and resilient all the women are and how one cancelled cycle is nothing compared to what some people have gone through and so I sucked it up and am moving on!!

Have you started stims today? Hopefully 125 is good for you - considering your AMH is double mine, maybe you'll get double the response and they'll all be perfect :-). Did you have any side effects on the lower doses of the drugs?