Closed Thread
Page 46 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

I'm coming down with another cold. (I'm a few days shy of 6 weeks along.) It's the same symptoms as last time, starting with the headache and sore throat.. Then turning into a fully fledged cold.

I'm worried that having two colds in early pregnancy (one in the TWW, one now) might be harmful to the embryo?

Any thoughts? I know I can't take anything aside from panadol but I feel so miserable.

Thanks
    Reviews

Mrsj, cos you're immune system is suppressed because of your pregnant you're more susceptible to colds. So a cold means you're body is doing everything it should.

Warning, I'm gonna have a bit of a woe is me post, but writing it down makes me feel better I think.

Starting to feel better and less sad. But still had a little cry yesterday. I know all you ladies feel the same as me, why me, this is unfair, how the hell did I get here. Third miscarriage, am I kidding myself trying to get preggers at 39, soon to be 40.

I wouldn't be trying this late for my second child if my first husband hadn't misled me about wanting to start a family. At 32 I wanted to start and starting pushing for us to start. We fought heaps about it and he begged me for two more years, I said me being 34 was our deadline, which I kept reminding him about over the next 18 months. But then when the crunch came, when i turned 34 he turned around and said he didn't want kids.

Marriage over. Always beat myself up still why I waited for him, how foolish was I to trust him. I should have insisted more, my mum thinks I gave him too much time, but why didn't she say so at the time, instead of seven years later.

Luckily met my now wonderful DH and we started trying a month before my 37th birthday. Eight months later and two miscarriages conceived my beautiful ds. Started trying for our second straight away (period didn't come back for ten months cos of breast feeding). find out I have a Low AMH of 1. Ten months later, first Ivf and a chemical preg, and early miscarriage, I despair that we can do it again, scared that Ivf is a waste of time and my eggs are kapput. But FS thinks we should keep trying and doesn't think we need donor eggs yet, but it's a good plan b.

Question I have for the thread. How many cycles should I go through before I should think of plan b. god the expense as well. Just found out today that our health fund won't pay for my in hospital treatment cos clinic is not registered with bupa. But September it may be, argh so expensive.
    Last edited by Luckyme1; 24-08-2012 at 07:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Luckyme - In answer to your question - unfortunately I think that is something that only you can decide. But also it might not be a 'decision' you have to make in advance (if that makes sense). Do you have any frozen embryos? Perhaps you could even set yourself a target of reviewing it the end of the year, just to pick a date. So that's not saying you will move to plan b at that time. Just that you'll review it then and see how you feel.

I'd also trust your FS's advice, if he is confident that you can get there with your own eggs. Is there anything in particular that makes you doubt your egg quality?

We've got 6 frozen embryos, so our rough plan is that we will stop trying once those are all gone. You never know how you might feel at the time though, so we'll review it at that point (unless anything happens beforehand to make us review it sooner).

Lots of for you.

MrsJ - The colds won't be harmful to the baby at all. Just no fun for you! Hot lemony drinks with a spoon of honey in it might help? And as much rest as you can. (I know that's something people always say, and most of us have no chance at rest!)

Lackers - Great levels!! Yayy!!!

Sariele - I completely understand!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

Hi Sariele,

That's funny, last night I was thinking the same thing! My FET is on Monday, so not even back in there yet, but because they take your start date back too your previous period start date, if this one works I'd actually be already 2 weeks pregga's!

and of course, 3 days out from transfer and I was awake all night coughing from a sore throat and blocked nose! Why now!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs J - i'll echo what everyone has said - a cold is a good sign, it's just cr@ppy for you. I'll also echo the lemon/honey drink - if you can get some, try manuka honey - SO SO SO good. I had a manuka honey and lemon hot toddy 3 times a day during my bugs and i honestly believe it went a ways to cutting the length and severity. A spoonful of manuka honey is also wonderfully soothing on a sore throat. I freaking LOVE manuka honey and swear by it.

Feel better soon, little mumma <3

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi everyone, sorry I've been so quiet on here, I've had two huge days at work and haven't had time to write on here. Our FET is at lunchtime today, I'm excited but nervous. I wanted to say a huge thank you to you all for your ongoing support on this thread, it's such a lovely group to be a part of. It's such an emotional journey and having a group like this makes it a lot easier. Will post an update after FET, fingers crossed our embie thaws well today and then implants. Thinking of you as well Zakmick xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky hun. U r right many of us do understand. I always said kids from about 30, 32 at thelatest. I've been with dh for 12 years. Married nearly 2. He has always wanted kids. me not so much, til I turned 29ish. I did uni, PhD, some work etc. then we started to try. meantime house paid, travelled to Europe, all ready to settle. and then I was sent to clinic for mia period. possible ocps. lost 28 kilos, cycles back. cool. but...worst day of our lives til then dh has no sperm in semen. anyway lots of expensive tests etc fast forward to now.
    1 cancelled cycle Nov last year. then three cycles more. last one the best embies. but...miscarriage of twin girls. devo. Was I selfish studying etc. possibly. but fd doesn't think age is an issue, unless I have fragile x.

everyday I wonder if we will be one of the couples that will never get there. I really hope not. but fs remains reallyconfident and I have to go with that. so do you.

I think we all wonder how long we go on for. And I font have s cleat answer for us. Fs says clinic will work with us while I produce eggs and we have sperm, then we will reassess.

You have made one bubba and not long ago. Remember this is a horrible numbers game. You should get pregnant at some stage, but as we age the chances are less because the embies aren't all normal. And that is nature. You just need the good one. Chemicals and mcs are horrendous but they also tell us u can still get pregnant, u just need the right embie. None of that is your fault. Pls remember that.

Not sure where u are clinic wise and why bupa isn't covering u. I'm with them. In Adelaide. Maybe u should shift funds. But check about waiting periods.

Take care lucky. And hang in there. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks selm22, I really don't think your age is an issue. And you didn't wait too long at all. Lot's of women start their families at your age.

Thanks
    Reviews

Fingers crossed working mumma, hope your fet goes beautifully smoothly.

Thanks
    Reviews

Girl x, we don't have any frozen unfortunately, we only got two eggs fertilise and one to blastocyst.

I worry about my egg quality because I'm 39 and the low ovarian reserve, meaning I don't get many eggs with Ivf.

But I think we're going to take docs advice. She says at least three, I think four would be my limit because of the cost and I would be 40. But I will follow her advice. I guess the money also worries me, I went with genea because they had the best success rates for my age but they are much more expensive. But we have the money on our mortgage so we shall just have higher payments, so we shall suck it up! I'm kinda thinking 4 and then go to plan b.

Thanks girl x