Closed Thread
Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Kween K'iesha's Chatroom

Thanks Tigger for new thread, and I'm also stoked to have lost my BH virginity with a great group of peeps.

We are officially PUPO, blood test due Sat, (prog), Tues and Thurs for HCG. Our clinic seems to do them heaps quicker than others yes? We get a definitive in 7 days post 5 day transfer. Is that normal?

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MrsJ - OMG yay you are UTD!!!

Congratulations on being PUPO Jaandaw!

Peez - I wasn't offered prog support. They do check it - my levels were 132 initially but dropped to 101. Apparently my FS thinks it 'doesn't hurt' to give prog support if prog levels are low (less than 30), but doesn't think it actually does anything - if you're going to mc you're going to mc. I'm going to ask for it anyway next time.
    Last edited by tiggerfields; 16-08-2012 at 13:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay MrsJ!!! That's fantastic. Hope you get the other results so you can compare. How was your progesterone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the new thread Tigger J

Sorry girls, i haven’t been able to catch up this week.

Tigger it is NOT FREAKING FAIR. I am so angry at the universe for you. 5 miscarriages is NOT FAIR. I’ve had 3 in a row so i know how you feel. Getting your hopes built up and seeing two lines and a beta, only to have the crushed time after time gets too much to bear. It’s just so horrible. I really think your dr and mine (but Genea i think) better get their act together and figure out what the hell is going on. I hope you are doing ok, this is such a hard time. Especially the waiting.

Sariele, sometimes you just need to have a good cry. This is such a hard process, and you are away from your partner which makes it a lot harder too. You’ll get through this somehow, just do what you need to do to get by. I can’t read back too far, has AF showed up yet?

Zamick how are you going? I can’t read too far back, which day are you up to now?

Peonies how are you going chick? Wait for the BT. I Hope you are doing ok L This is so hard.

Lackers you are SO good not to poas. I wish i didn’t, it just makes the rollercoaster harder. Ohhh i have everything crossed for you.

Mrs J that is fantastic!!!! Who hoo!!!!

SelM, bloody AF! They don’t call her the witch for nothing. I know your sort of in no man’s land at the moment, it’s such a yukky place to be, i really hope the times passes quickly and you can get on with the next try. You could try wearing a white skirt or expensive kickers? That could bring her to town?

1babyplease, i think we’re all having a collective meltdown. It suck’s doesn’t it L but you WILL get there eventually.

Lilly!!! J

Jaandaw yay for being pupo, fingers crossed!

I am still under a massive “clomid cloud” i just feel so hopeless at the moment. I can’t sleep at night, and tired all day at work. Today i literally feel like im going to fall asleep at my desk. I blew up in a meeting yesterday (the people deserved it, but i’m usually not one to get cranky at work) and it’s becoming more clear that all these drugs/miscarriages/ivf general “crap” do not go well with full time work. To top it all off, i stepped on the scales this morning and i’ve put on 4.2 kg’s since the beginning of last week!! GAH! I am so bloated i look 6 months pregnant, have no idea why. I’ll have to get jumbo elephant pants and ski’s this weekend at the snow. Just waiting for my nurse to call to say “oh bad news we don’t think the clomid made you ovulate, try again next month”. Boo Hoo.

Sorry i’ve missed people, sneaky post at work, will stop back later tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nurse called, clomid worked, yay! Thank god for that. They expect me to ovulate sat/sun. So that means Biopsy around 29th of August, and then double embryo transfer around 22nd of September. We’re planning on going to Noosa and QLD for the first two weeks of October, so I’ll be able to rest and if not preggers, have lots of cocktails.

Kiesha, some of us are REALLY getting fed up after so many cycles, can you PLEEEAAASE works some magic for us?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tigger - I've posted this link before, but this is a really good explantation of why progesterone support is used after IVF treatments. I know this explains a lot for me personally. I've had BTs on CD21 in a normal, non IVF cycle and the progesterone was much higher than it was when I was pregnant on my first IVF cycle. The IVF cycle itself can stop your body producing the progesterone as it otherwise would. The fact that mine was checked a week ago and was only 15, despite having been on 3 pessaries a day for a week, demonstrates that. My work PC just doesn't seem to let me do any formatting or proper linking, sorry. http://infertilityblog.blogspot.com....o-for-ivf.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    That makes so much sense Peez. Will definitely be asking for it next time. I really don't like my FS I'm surprised he has such a high reputation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfields View Post
    That makes so much sense Peez. Will definitely be asking for it next time. I really don't like my FS I'm surprised he has such a high reputation.
    Tigger, do they never give you progesterone? I thought they just gave you crinone or the pessaries as standard? Low progesterone can cause miscarriage and i think the pessaries help? After FIVE losses, he better bloody do something different. Maybe they think you don’t need progesterone because you already have a child and your body knows what to do? I don’t think it hurts to take it anyway though?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Tigger, do they never give you progesterone? I thought they just gave you crinone or the pessaries as standard? Low progesterone can cause miscarriage and i think the pessaries help? After FIVE losses, he better bloody do something different. Maybe they think you don’t need progesterone because you already have a child and your body knows what to do? I don’t think it hurts to take it anyway though?
    Well, they didn't this time but it's my first transfer. I will be asking specifically next time and they better had do! Although not sure if they give it in an unmedicated FET which will be the next thing we do. Will have to ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay mrsj!! Congratulations! Soooo happy and excited for you.

Jaandaw - congrats on being officially PUPO!

Tigger - does seem a bit weird that you don't get progesterone support but I guess every doc is different. I would assume low progesterone is important since people get blood tests for it!