Closed Thread
Page 24 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck KandP! I think there was someone else who was having EPU today? Can't remember who!

Girlx - that's awesome news that your body has decided to behave!

Sariele - definitely guilty here of looking into the future. Even in cycles where I knew there was no chance I would still think "what if a miracle happened and I was pregnant" and think about when I would be due, how I would announce it to people etc.... don't know why we do it to ourselves.... But I think if we didn't have hope, we wouldn't keep going. So I think there is a method to our madness xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lackers For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kdsd - you finished your post before me. I knew there was another person having EPU! Good luck!! Isn't it funny how the tea and sandwich you have after EPU taste great!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck to you too kdsd!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

kdsd  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today with your EPU KandP! Congrats on AF Girl x, seems you are not far behind me with your FET!

I have a question, post transfer how much do you ladies do? Do you take it easy or jump straight back into everything?? I work as an RN and am worried about all the germs I am exposed to plus the heavy physical work I do atm (I work rural so do a bit of all types of nursing). I am thinking I should take a few days from work just to give this upcoming transfer (if it thaws) the best shot I can... What do you girls think? I have cut back from full time hours this year and am now working part time...

A little more about myself for you girls. I haven't mentioned this in here before however, I am very lucky to have my DS and now he is turning 12 I am wondering if this will every work for me (I started trying for number 2 back when he was only a baby). I have previously tried IVF unsuccessfully with my DS dad when i was in my very early 20's. Of all my cycles I never once made it to my blood test day. That was with crinone, pessaries, hcg boosters etc was so sick of the heart break... I gave up on IVF then and we ended up breaking up (best thing to happen really as he is a douche and had been cheating on me with his now wife who he has a DD with!!). I had convinced myself I didn't want anymore babies.... Until I met my now husband we fell in love and got married etc and that desire for a baby i had hidden so deep came back up! Infact now more than ever do I want a baby!!
    I am still very sceptical of IVF and my ability for it to ever work. Feeling a bit pessamistic about it all really. It doesn't help that our friends have two IVF babies and they got there BFPs first go each time so now my DH thinks it's normal for it just to work!! I just look at the fact that apart from a gap in the middle where I was single and the first part of my relationship I have been TTC #2 for about 8+ years now. It feels like a lifetime!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nicb13 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi nic. After transfer I took it easy that day but then couldn't take it too easy for the rest of the tww as my DS is 3 and still wants to be held a lot etc. So I was carrying him around a fair bit and he is 16kgs. And it's a BFP this cycle (BT tomorrow though!) But in the end I think you do or don't do whatever you feel comfortable with. As long as you won't regret doing it. And I'm sorry to hear it's been such a long and tough journey for you. I've only been TTC number 2 for 2 years and that felt like a lifetime so can't imagine all the heartbreak you have been through.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lackers For This Useful Post:

nicb13  (20-08-2012)

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls, sorry I've been AWOL for a couple of days, it's been a rough few days.

Good luck for EPU today kdsd and KandP. Hoping for lots of beautiful quality eggies for you guys.

Anyone having BTs today?

Hi nicb nice to 'meet' you. I have a DS as well, he's 6, also with my XH who is also a douche! Seems like we have plenty in common! I think a few days off work after transfer sounds like a good idea given your job.

GirlX yay for AF behaving for you!

Sel - how are you going today?

Disney the waiting is horrible. K'iesha says get mooooooving AF.

1xbaby I'm so sorry about your BFN

Peez thinking of you too xx

AFM still struggling along. I got VERY drunk on Saturday night and cried and cried and cried and cried. I think I needed it. Feeling very down still, waiting for this miscarriage to start, no idea when that will be. I think I'll feel a lot better once it's over, I hope it starts soon and doesn't make me wait and wait.
    Last edited by tiggerfields; 20-08-2012 at 11:46.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiggerfields For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (20-08-2012),kdsd  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    I know, that was truly awful. Nature's horrible idea of a joke. *hugs*

I saw it with Mum on Tues, fantastic film! And I don't know how it's possible, but my crush on Chris O'Dowd has exponentially increased. Lol.
    Thanks Sariele - natures cruel joke indeed.
    And I didnt think I could love Chris O'Dowd anymore either. And in the credits I saw that he sings some of the songs with Jessica Mauboy - mmmm, even more sexy! Hope you are travelling ok over there?

Good luck today KandP and kdsd

nicb13 - I think many of us here totally understand how you feel. Ive learnt so much from this journey, one of those things being it doesnt matter whether you have had a child before (ivf or natural) - the journey is just as hard and emotions just as raw. I have also learnt that the massive lows are part of the process, but we all have to keep hoping for that miracle!

Re what I do post ET. I lie around for a day and thats about it. But I have a desk job not a physical one like being an RN. I agree with lackers, do as much as you want and let your thoughts on what is acceptable guide you.

peonies my dear, I am thinking of you today.

tigger - Hun I am so sorry.
    I have done the water works lots this weekend too. Back at work today so trying to hold it together.
    Getting rolling drunk and crying sounds like the most awesomest plan to me!

GirlX deary - good news. I wish I was at the same stage. But at least 6 more weeks away I guess.

Well best get back to work. Im still not really talking to DH because of his insensitive comment about doing things earlier. I really dont need that ****. Most of me knows he didnt mean that, and he has a role in that too, but I guess I do beat myself up for this everyday. So how dare someone else say it to me. I have enough trouble staying in the present.

Wish this stupid AF would make up its bloody mind. Body feels like its coming, but...
    K'iesha?????? Tiggers, Disney, Peonies and me need some progress and some answers biatch - please!!!

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies - thinking of you. Hope you are ok xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tigger - I wish there was something any of us could say to make you feel better. All I can say is that we are here for you. Getting drunk and crying can sometimes be what you need to do (it's definitely high on my coping strategy list). Be kind to yourself. I hope things do start moving for you soon, so that you're not stuck in limbo land.

Nic - After ET I take it as easy as I can, but I have a 2yr old DD - which means 'taking it easy' doesn't quite mean what it used to. I don't do competitive sport/ PT training any more, and try to keep to gentle walks, etc. On the day of transfer I take it as easy as I can. For me there's no way of avoiding heavy lifting, as DD is 13kg

Sel - I really hope you get some progress soon. I'm keeping everything crossed for you. Waiting is so crappy.

Good luck for the EPU ladies today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry, no personals this morning as I've been in and out all day, I apologise in advance for my brevity in this post.

Quick update - I had my scan this morning and my lining is ready, stated progesterone now and FET is booked for friday.

Sending lots of hugs to everyone who is having a hard time at the moment, this journey is not really a fair one.

Good luck to everyone having EPU's today

Hope to get on soon and post some personal replies xo