+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default High School in Perth WA for son with Aspergers

Hi

I am a newbie on here :-) I am moving to Perth with my family beginning 2013 and am looking for schools for my two boys aged 9 (Grade 5) and 13 (Grade 8) - next year.

My eldest son who will be in Grade 8 has Aspergers so academically he is kind of just 'ok' really smart in a couple of areas, science, art & drama and really low in others - english, maths, sport.

He has been in main****** school all his life and managed quite well, he has a small group of friends and presents quite 'typical' apart from being disorganised and socially a little shy. I am looking for a High School that will be supportive of him but not 'segregate' him as being someone with a 'disability'. He is at an age where he is aware of being different and does not want to be 'labelled' or put into 'special programs' at school. Like most teenagers he just wants to fit in and be treated like everyone else. I guess my main concern is that we don't want him to go to a 'rough' school as he is a very kind and thoughtful person. We are going to base where we live depending on the school so any suggestions or information would be a great help.

Thanks for your help, this is a huge move for us and I am very nervous about all the decisions that lay ahead.

Sam.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sam564 For This Useful Post:

areem  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sam Im new to this site ,did you get any info on schools in perth ,Im trying to find someone to reassess my son .He has just started high school ,has been diagnosed with ADHD but he displays Asperger`s symptoms also and its so hard ,if you know of anyone that would be great. Im not happy with who he has been seeing
    Areem

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD has Aspergers and ADHD. We see Prof Silva at Joondalup - but i know her books are closed. Try this FB page ladies - the members are really helpful.

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!...1208891972335/