+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default TTC#2 after a difficult first journey

I thought I'd start this thread to see if anyone else wanted to come on this ride with me!

DD recently turned 1 and we've been TTC #2 for 3 months now.

It took us a year to fall pregnant with DD and it was kind of a surprise that we managed it naturally. During that first journey I discovered I have endometriosis so had surgery for that, then had a miscarriage, discovered DH has a very low count and poor morphology & motility, so started seeing an FS to prepare for IVF. While waiting to start IVF we fell pregnant. After DD was born I suffered PND which I believe had a lot to do with the trouble we had conceiving.

It was such a difficult year for us and I'm so worried about going through it all again. As soon as I went off the pill this time my endo pain returned so I'm having another surgery next month. DH will get his tests done again as well.

I know lots of people have harder and longer TTC journeys and I am of course very grateful for my beautiful little girl.

Can anyone else share their stories? Advice? In the same position?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I think I can join this now! Dh and I have been discussing ttc #2 for a while but I only just got af back today since having dd who is almost 2 so now we can officially start! I too had a tough journey though not as tough as you. We were ttc for almost a year and found out I had pcos. FS said conceiving naturally was pretty much out of the question then about 4 months later, just as we were about to start treatment we got pregnant!
    I got Pre eclampsia with dd and had emergency c section at 38 weeks and was a point off having a blood transfusion so was very sick. So although I do desperately want another baby, I am really scared that it will be like the first time! So much stress and worry but so worth it to have my little one now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Yay a TTC buddy! It is scary isn't it. I had a gallstone attack about 12hrs after having DD that was excruciating. I'm more afraid of that happening again than the labour - I would happily go through another 30+hrs of labour, forceps, the whole deal over having another attack! I guess at least the second time around we're aware of what can happen and can be prepared.

Will you get your PCOS checked again now that you'll be TTC? Will you try naturally again or go to fertility treatment?

Thanks
    Reviews

It is very scary! I just want to do everything I can to not go through what we had to last time. Last time we went public but now I am definitely going private so I can be monitored more closely. I am a bit undecided as to whether or not to go straight for the fs again or try for a while by ourselves. I want to go have another ultrasound to see if anything has changed but even then I think I'm a little scared to find out so I'm putting off seeing my dr.
    I was talking to my sister about it and she was saying to be careful now that I have AF back unless we are ttc but I really don't think I would ever be one of those women who fall pregnant in the first try. I think first thing for me is to see how regular my cycles are and if they are like they were last time ( anything from 20- 80 days apart) ill definitely go for the fs.
    I'm getting more excited now! My sister has a 3 weeks old and I am SO clucky around her!

Thanks
    Reviews

I think you've got a good approach - at least if you wait to see what your cycle does you'll be better placed to decide what direction to take. Maybe you will get lucky and fall quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews

Can I join too? I'm not TTC #2 yet we are waiting for after our wedding on 2/2/13. Many yrs ago I had a 13cm cyst which drs said was covering my ovary totally..Which they told me I then had PCOS.....after I had issues with that I was told it would b hard to have a baby naturally....n we now have a beautiful boy who's just over after TTC for about 12mths. Thru the preg I got severe drops in Bp....severe morning sickness starting in 14w n SPD which resulted in a forced csection....

I'd live to follow your stories and offer all the support I can if ud let me?

Thanks
    Reviews

Of course sasssy! The more the merrier! I'm getting really excited now to actually be talking about it. Dh and I were talking last night and we agreed that if my cycles are regular then we will just see what happens naturally but if they are all over the place we go straight for fs. Pretty much what I thought I wanted to do anyways but it's nice to have him on board 100%. Wouldn't it be great if it just happened for all of us! No fuss, no stress, no waiting! That would be a dream.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Sasssssy - of course you can join in! Sounds like you've had a rough road as well. How are the wedding plans going?

WannaB - good to hear you guys are on the same page.

I'm in two minds about what to do this month. I'm on CD3 and my endo surgery is on 13th Sept. not sure if we should try this month or hold off until after the surgery. What do you guys think?

Thanks
    Reviews

Wedding plans r fiiiiinally falling into place ta put my first wedding dress on today n fell in love!

I didn't have regular cycles but I gotta say I SWORE by the "free menstrual calendar" app by tamtris...it calculated everything for me on an avg and after a blood test to confirm ovulation....it was 100% correct! My cycles would range from 21d to 38d.

As for your surgery...if its desperately needed then wait...but they always say that pregnancy resets the body n sometimes things go away after a preg! But if I remember ur typically more fertile after sum endo surgeries? I wouldn't say to not try...coz if it happens then great! If not then the surgery still goes ahead?

Thanks
    Reviews

Well we decided not to TTC this month as we agreed it was important that I get the surgery. If it's not endo causing the pain then it's probably worth investigating further. I'm ok with waiting until after the surgery, I keep reminding myself that every month we don't get pregnant means DD will be another month older when #2 arrives - which is probably for the best!