+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Anyone else's friendships change since having kids?

Yes, i lost all my friends,
    They are at different life points

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Anyone else's friendships change since having kids?

I have definitely distanced myself from a friend who parents differently and I get anxious whenever we are at the same outing because her children are violent and nothing is done about it. But we weren't friends for a long time, we met in mothers group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    a little bit....sometimes when our kids get together it was driving me NUTS..last time i was over it, partly different parenting styles which can be hard but partly just cos the kids just WHHHHHINGE and fight NON STOP for hours over toys...we meet up without the kids tho which i think is hugely important in maintaining friendships (and keeping yourself sane) and we can just be "us" again.....her life also took a turn for the worse in the past couple of years which sometimes makes it hard as she is pre occupied with things....i actually realised tho that getting our kids together wasnt working and read up on a parenting book and discovered why i was hating these get togethers so hopefully we can resolve it and make our time more enjoyable...u will know whether u wont to keep the relationship or not. it can be hard, different parenting styles can be hard but sometimes youve just got to bite your tounge and ignore it as before u know it the kids will be grown up and u need yoour friends which is so hard to make as u get older.