+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Maternity Photo Shoot excessive?

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    As long as you don't get anything like this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-costumes.html

You are all good

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Sooo funny. People are weird.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I paid for one when pregnant with DS1 and was lucky enough to get a free one with a photographer when pregnant with DS2. Adore them both. So glad we got them

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Maternity Photo Shoot excessive?

Thanks everyone for your replies (and hilarious link)...this might be my first and last pregnancy so I think I'll go ahead with it minus any props, strange poses or costumes

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi I had them done when pregnant with DD. Absolutely adore them & have done like a feature wall in my house. I don't mind sharing a coupleImageUploadedByBub Hub1345089596.683748.jpg
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a photographer and I just love it when my clients ask for both pregnancy and newborn shoots. I had my own done when I was pregnant, and I'm so glad I did! You really can't compare professional shots to "asking someone who has a camera".

Just a question though... what does your $270 include?? I charge $120 for one session fee (or $210 for both preg and newborn shoots). I'd hope that you're getting at least a few prints as well, if not a few digital images for that price.
    If that's just a sitting fee price, with no inclusions, thats reeeeally expensive.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyskies For This Useful Post:

rayroo  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

As a photographer I disagree with it being expensive, but it depends how qualified your photographer is and what's included. I know photographers that change $500 per shoot, so again I think it depends.

I think being pregnant is just as important as a newborn, after all you are carrying your bub and helping him/her grow, so why not get photos done to remember those special times and how amazing our bodies are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my, the link to the awkward shots is GOLD! Some of those are ROFL hilarious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I don't think it's excessive. If it's important to you, it's not selfish.
    I get photos from a family friend, on mates rates. $160 (gone up some since she has gotten good)

Reminds me time to book another session.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Maternity Photo Shoot excessive?

Now it's shyness holding me back, embarrassed to attempt poses, have focus on me. I'm still on the fence but I've got a while to decide. Thanks to all, don't feel bad about it if I do decide

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rayroo View Post
    Now it's shyness holding me back, embarrassed to attempt poses, have focus on me. I'm still on the fence but I've got a while to decide. Thanks to all, don't feel bad about it if I do decide
    A good photographer, will help you not look silly, and that's why they take a bazillion photos, so they can weed our the silly ones, and give you the good ones. You should also feel comfortable with the person doing it. Makes you more relaxed, and that also means better pictures. :P