+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
    I wonder if people were given a choice between someone who refuses to be a donor to save someone else's life if they die, and someone who is a willing donor, who would they choose (excluding those with health, medical, religious reasons or children).
    Do you mean they might choose to save the non-donor because it will help more people if the other one dies? Eek..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't know how I feel about that either. I don't believe anybody should be denied medical assistance. But, I do think that in the situation of 2 people needing a donor and one is a donor and one isn't, then maybe the donor should get it?? I also strongly think it should be an opt out as well.

Also, in relation to the Drivers Licence, family can still overrule that, but with the register, from my understanding of it, that it's gospel.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    yup I agree .. it should be an opt out situation .. people are lazy (well .. yes .. fess up ... as a population we generally are ) and if people have to post in a form to opt out .. most people wont be bothered

I believe that France has the opt out system (just what I believe I've heard on the radio before) and they have one of the highest donation rates in the world???? I could be wrong though ..

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Guys the donor list does not have in it if the person will donate there organ or not if has there blood type and cross matches and that sort of vital information, when they are the top of there list for there type they get the organ, Its on a needs basis nothing else

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (15-08-2012),LoveLivesHere  (25-08-2012)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure about organ donation.

I'd love to, but the sheer amount of anti convulsants I consume on a daily basis is apparently going to hurt my liver when I'm older. And that's the organ they know about. What will it do to my heart, my kidneys, my brain?

I think I'll opt to donate, and if my organs aren't suitable, bury them with me.

If one of our children dies, DH and I have already agreed we'd let the organs be reused, if they can.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Should someone who says no to being an organ donor be eligible to receive one?

I really don't care if my organs end up in someone who didn't want to donate their own.
    Their reasons NOT to donate have no bearing on my desire to help whomever I can when I pass.

***Sent from my phone***

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Do you mean they might choose to save the non-donor because it will help more people if the other one dies? Eek..
    No I thought the other way actually, that the donor was more worthy of a donation, but interesting thought process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Guys the donor list does not have in it if the person will donate there organ or not if has there blood type and cross matches and that sort of vital information, when they are the top of there list for there type they get the organ, Its on a needs basis nothing else
    I know that, I don't think it should be changed, just interested in people's views, I was surprised by my own initial thoughts and wanted to see what others thought.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think that everyone deserves medical assistance, donors or not. But I think more should be done to encourage people to become donors.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Should someone who says no to being an organ donor be eligible to receive one?

This is certainly an interesting topic it
    was tabled over dinner tonight and my DS10.5 was quick to say he believed in organ donation and that he expressed that he felt it was a case of no give no return. We through some variable like religious beliefs, medical history and age etc at him he was very black and white on his opinion.

I pretty much had to agree with how he formed his opinion and defended it.

We are all organ donors and he told us he would like to also. DH can't donate many organs due to his disability and injuries he has had but I will donate all. He also can't donate blood but I did until recently with our IVF and the acupuncture treatment I am having I can't for now.