+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    This!

Although I think people who currently say they would be ok with not receiving an organ when they need it may find it's not that easy to decline when their life is on the line...
    Possibly so, i could never say for sure unless i was in that position but not really afraid of death so i can see me declining for reasons that are complicated to explain. I hope i can work through that so i feel good about organ donation and i'm nearly there..but not quite.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubmum View Post
    Yuck..what a horrid suggestion. medical ethics is not comprised of a user pays system..we help people if the ability is there.

What next? Refuse transfusions or blood products to people who aren't blood donors?
    EXACTLY what I thought as soon as I posted

3. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Bubmum  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    Yes. So by default everyone is a donor, unless they opt out.
    Okay, i actually think that is great idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    EXACTLY what I thought as soon as I posted
    Because you suck thoughts from my brain before you even know you are going to have them...omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Should someone who says no to being an organ donor be eligible to receive one?

Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Possibly so, i could never say for sure unless i was in that position but not really afraid of death so i can see me declining for reasons that are complicated to explain. I hope i can work through that so i feel good about organ donation and i'm nearly there..but not quite.
    I don't know what hold you back but .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Should someone who says no to being an organ donor be eligible to receive one?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubmum View Post
    Yuck..what a horrid suggestion. medical ethics is not comprised of a user pays system..we help people if the ability is there.

What next? Refuse transfusions or blood products to people who aren't blood donors?
    I'm with bubmum on this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Totally agree with Bubmum!

The whole idea reeks. Personally I would hate it if my organs weren't donated to someone for that reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Totally agree with Bubmum!

The whole idea reeks. Personally I would hate it if my organs weren't donated to someone for that reason.
    I wonder if people were given a choice between someone who refuses to be a donor to save someone else's life if they die, and someone who is a willing donor, who would they choose (excluding those with health, medical, religious reasons or children).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hootenanny For This Useful Post:

Eko  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Should someone who says no to being an organ donor be eligible to receive one?

I am,not a donor for medical reasons and i cannot donate, however I do hope that i can if need be to accept.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I struggle with this as I struggle to understand why someone wouldn't want to be an organ donor (leaving the question of whether they are able to be aside)... Although I know that people must have very strong reasons, I just can't get my head around them.

That said, what if someone was happy to be a donor, but just never got around to registering or telling anyone? Imagine letting them die because of some rule that you have to be registered to donate to receive??