+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Should someone who says no to being an organ donor be eligible to receive one?

This was the question being asked on a new show (the one with Chrissie Swan) that I found an interesting concept. What does everyone think?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Should someone who says no to being an organ donor be eligible to receive one?

No, I don't think they should receive.
    I also think organ donation should be opt out not opt in.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Should someone who says no to being an organ donor be eligible to receive one?

Yes I do. I don't think anyone has the right to deny anyone else medical assistance, unless the person who needs the assistance refuses it. It's too slippery a slope.
    I do think it shpuld be opt out, though.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

DF won't donate, and he won't accept to receive. I think you will find a lot of non donators will be the same.

Thanks
    Reviews

I agree with FearlessLeader. I think everyone should be entitled to medical assistance. Although I really think they need to be encouraging more people to become organ donors. I know a lot who aren't purely because they can't be bothered and probably never think of it.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes.
    Also, Im another who thinks it should be opt out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's interesting, i'm not sure what i think.
    I am not an organ donor, i'd like to be but have some issues about it atm - don't want to go into it or be judged about it so i'll leave it at that.
    Would i feel okay to excluded from receiving an organ? Yes, i would. I feel a bit funny about the idea of having someone elses organ in me so for now i would happily opt out of organ donation/receiving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    I also think organ donation should be opt out not opt in.
    Me too!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by wherewerewe91 View Post
    Overseas countries have it as part of their drivers licence, this would be a good way to eensure maximum exposure to the majority of Australians if it was part of your renewal form
    NSW is like this. Has been for a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I wouldn't want them to die just because they said no.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 15-08-2012 at 21:20.