+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone Else Have a Busy Sleeper...?

Quote Originally Posted by CuddlesAwait View Post
    Yep!!!

DD is in a grow bag and blankets and some mornings she wakes up and she's on her tummy and her head is where her feet are meant to be!

It wouldn't matter if she didn't mind being on her tummy but she wakes up crying hysterically.

Is there any way of stopping this? Does any one have any tips?
    Maybe more tummy time when awake so she gets used to the feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mim1 View Post
    My ds was a still sleeper, but my dd is a real wriggler. I just let her do her thing in bed. If she moved around it's fine. I don't think it's a SIDS risk, but I think putting her in something that stops her moving could be a risk.

I love watching my dd on the video monitor and I can see her wriggle around, eventhough she's sound asleep.
    I think the SIDS risk is almost nil by the time they can roll deliberately?

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh if it's the middle of the night and she rolls on her tummy she will stay asleep till she is hungry and wakes up. She's great at rolling so I'm not concerned about SIDS but I find I can't leave her to try and self settle for day naps as she rolls on her tummy straight away and thinks its play time, so I'm left having to sit with her shushing her with my hand on her chest till she falls asleep, so I really want something to stop her rolling so she can learn to self settle in the day.

Did anyone else have this issue? What did you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one out there with a little sleeptime monkey! In the past 2 weeks my DD has improved her rolling skills in day to day life and I have found that she is not upsetting herself any more while she rolls all the way on her tummy. Which is great. My DH isn't so relaxed about her tummy sleeping as I am and he keeps getting up to DD at night to move her back into the "correct" sleeping position. Bless him.

Sorry CuddlesAwait I haven't had that issue with my DD so I can't help out on that one. Hopefully its just a novelty phase at the moment and it may wear off....