+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default my 16 week old wont sleep day or night

Hi im new to this and new to being a mummy i really need some help.
    My 16 week old wont sleep during the day im lucky to get him to sleep 20 mins at a time and at night im lucky to get 2 hours hes not really hungry as he will only drink 20 - 40 ml. im drained and ratty and snappy at my partner and we never argue. ive spoken to a doctor and they have told me pretty much to deal with it he will sleep when hes ready...

please someone help me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    First of all hugs, hang in there it will get better eventually! Have you got a sleep school anywhere nearby? I went through months of sitting perfectly still with DD asleep on my chest through the day! I HATED it at the time but now I kinda miss the peaceful cuddles (after the extensive patting to sleep of course lol!) I tried cosleeping, not for me or DH we both slept terribly but bubba slept really well.
    The thing I found best which helped at night was differenciating night feeds from day ones. I didn't talk, cuddle or make eye contact through the night and didn't turn on the lights, just cracked the door with the light in the next room. I also never changed her nappy overnight unless it was dirty. After a few weeks of this she would wake for a feed and go straight back to sleep with no patting.
    I don't have any real help for the day sleeps though sorry. We ended up CC which I know is a personal decision and many people are against. Most sleep schools use gentle methods but have waiting lists so put your name down asap.
    Hope things settle soon, sleep deprivation sucks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default my 16 week old wont sleep day or night

During the day try putting bub in a carrier or in the pram for their sleeps. That way you get stuff done and bub rests. My dd1 wasn't a day sleeper and only slept in pram or carrier till 6mths.

Of a night - I can only recommend a solid pattern of events. I find that good day sleeps breed good night sleeps. Once you get the days sorted the nights should be easier.
    Good luck.