+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ps- I did want to point out - and I have said this before, Chickenpox vax, I can kind of see why people don't want their kids to get it. It isn't really one of the scary diseases. I get it.

But measles, whooping cough etc - these are scary diseases. Really scary. I just don't get why you would risk those. Not just for your own kids - but for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Gets out popcorn maker....
    I'll get the drinks.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

beebs  (15-08-2012),share a book  (15-08-2012),WorkingClassMum  (15-08-2012),Zombie_eyes  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I knew there was a hypothesis about it, but I didn't realise that our government were wondering what they were going to do about it in the future, I have been looking since you posted that and can find nothing that says anything about our governments concern for future shingles outbreaks. I did find a lot from overseas, and one study suggested that they vaccinate the elderly at the same time as the children, so more vaxxes, not less.
    Vaxxing CANNOT stop shingles. Shingles is like a second round of the virus - you can't get shingle sunless you've been vac'd or had CPV. The virus lays dormant in the nerve endings. Shingles is a flare up of the virus. My sister was temporarily blinded for a week with ulcertated shingles in her eyes.

So vacc'ng would in effect INCREASE the incidences of shingles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    HOw is it so many? Severe vax reactions are 1 in 1 million, how can that possible equate to "so many"???
    See, this is where I start questioning the "statistics".

The reactions that are PROVEN to be vaccine related are 1 in 1 million, but what about all those that have fallen sick directly after vaccinations yet have been told its not because of the vaccine?

I think the statistics are probably far more than 1 in 1 million.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

OM  (15-08-2012),Rbottom  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    I'll get the drinks.
    Can I have juice?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourTheBear View Post
    Can I have juice?
    Sure. Apple or orange?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, I know - which is why it is odd that someone who is saying that it will increase shingles is saying elderly should be vaxxed! That is the point, I would not take medical advice from someone who said that!

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Vaxxing CANNOT stop shingles. Shingles is like a second round of the virus - you can't get shingle sunless you've been vac'd or had CPV. The virus lays dormant in the nerve endings. Shingles is a flare up of the virus. My sister was temporarily blinded for a week with ulcertated shingles in her eyes.

So vacc'ng would in effect INCREASE the incidences of shingles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That is speculation though. I have heard people saying he was a healthy child and then 6 months after the vax he got sick. I am not saying it isn't the reason -but that seems highly unlikely to me. I am also not denying that vaccine reactions happen, I know they do. But I am talking about severe reactions.

And if they happen far more than one in one million how come I have never met or heard of anyone having one irl. Only on the internet. They can't be that common - otherwise we would all know someone who has been affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    See, this is where I start questioning the "statistics".

The reactions that are PROVEN to be vaccine related are 1 in 1 million, but what about all those that have fallen sick directly after vaccinations yet have been told its not because of the vaccine?

I think the statistics are probably far more than 1 in 1 million.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I actually agree with you on this missie (for once) I would rather see some kids partly vaxxed than not vaxxed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I just thought I would add- the reason why varicella or chicken pox has entered this discussion is because as of this year the vaccine for measles is no longer just measles, mumps and rubella. It is now MMRV Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella- which I think is a bit absurd considering the amount of people who site concerns with using the triple live vaccine and base this on their decision not to have this vaccine.
    'Hmm the CO are increasing! The amount of people uptaking the MMR vaccine is low- lets add another live virus to the vaccine and see if that makes them take it up' seems a bit to me

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally im not interested in the debate, I just hope that all the babies and children involved are ok and have no lasting damage and no fatalities.

People first debate a long long way after in my mind

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (15-08-2012)