+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Are you telling me, that the government knows that these vaccines will eventually kill people - and yet they continue it on the schedule? That seems very unlikely doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    What about all the people the government is anticipating will die in the next 70 years because of the introduction of the varicella vaccine? Who is irresponsible then? Its not a new idea, the UK decided against introducing the vaccine because of the burden it will place on society

In a galaxy far far away....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    HOw is it so many? Severe vax reactions are 1 in 1 million, how can that possible equate to "so many"???
    You are referring to just severe reactions.

Surely the other peoples medical reasons for not doing it should be just as valid?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Depends what it is, I have seen people refer to vax reactions as swelling and redness at the site, um, no - I don't think that is a good enough reason.

In fact, I really don't think any reason is good enough - unless there is a medical reason.

Recently someone on here was saying that their stepbrother had a severe reaction - I could see how that would make it hard to vaccinate. If you have seen up close and personal something really bad happen due to vaxxes.

But generally no, and the reason is this, the amount of mis information out there regarding vaccinations is horrifying, and the amount of people who do *research* on the web and then decide not to vax is just plain scary. I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by OM View Post
    You are referring to just severe reactions.

Surely the other peoples medical reasons for not doing it should be just as valid?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

HazTechDad  (17-08-2012),VicPark  (15-08-2012),~ElectricPink~  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Quote Originally Posted by OM View Post
    And so I presume anyone commenting that it's irresponsible etc have their own vaccinations 100% up to date - including boosters?
    I do, I think everyone is entitled to the choice, however I think it's horrible to see small children get sick/die from something that can be prevented not a risk I'm willing to take so my ds and i are fully immunized.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daysta112 For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (15-08-2012),~ElectricPink~  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post

In fact, I really don't think any reason is good enough - unless there is a medical reason.
    If a person truly believes that swelling and redness is a reason not to vaccinate, that is whether you like it or not, still a medical reason.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OM For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thankfully vaxxing is still a parents choice to do or not. I really wish we could all sit down, take a big breath and accept that different parenting choices work for different families and that that's ok- rather than sitting on our opposing high horses looking on each others choices.

Vax, non vax, part vaxed, homeopathically vaxed, not fully vaxed for medical reasons- why fight about it when at the end of the day we are all trying to do what's best for our kids

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babybabycakes For This Useful Post:

Bekahjoy20  (17-08-2012),kbf2plus2  (22-08-2012),OM  (15-08-2012),Sarelou  (15-08-2012),WorkingClassMum  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep....my cousins kids were two of those hospitalised with measles in Campbelltown due to not immunising

We were exposed to it through them, but it looks like we've escaped it - DS is fully immunised thankfully!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I knew there was a hypothesis about it, but I didn't realise that our government were wondering what they were going to do about it in the future, I have been looking since you posted that and can find nothing that says anything about our governments concern for future shingles outbreaks. I did find a lot from overseas, and one study suggested that they vaccinate the elderly at the same time as the children, so more vaxxes, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    You mean you didn't know that they expect people to die because of the vaccine introduction?

Source- Department of Health and Aging, Australia

And when the UK assessed introducing the vaccine they decided against it. The assessment result found

But don't get me wrong, they are hoping that this won't happen based on antedotal evidence but they really aren't sure despite the research. Incidently the rate of death from shingles is about 3 times the rate of chicken pox. Looking at 2002-2003 there were 11 deaths from chicken pox and 38 from shingles (all prior to vaccination introduction) based on data obtained from The Department of Health and Aging.
    Last edited by beebs; 15-08-2012 at 11:55. Reason: sp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Why should i accept it - this affects everyone. Someone's decision to vax on their own doesn't matter, but when there are 30,000, well that is when outbreaks occur. And before anyone uses the ole 'But your kids are fully vaxxed so it shouldn't matter' excuse, we all know that vaccines aren't 100%.

Sorry OM, we will have to agree to disagree - I believe that is a silly reason not to vaccinate.

Quote Originally Posted by babybabycakes View Post
    Thankfully vaxxing is still a parents choice to do or not. I really wish we could all sit down, take a big breath and accept that different parenting choices work for different families and that that's ok- rather than sitting on our opposing high horses looking on each others choices.

Vax, non vax, part vaxed, homeopathically vaxed, not fully vaxed for medical reasons- why fight about it when at the end of the day we are all trying to do what's best for our kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    How scary!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ElectricPink~ View Post
    Yep....my cousins kids were two of those hospitalised with measles in Campbelltown due to not immunising

We were exposed to it through them, but it looks like we've escaped it - DS is fully immunised thankfully!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (15-08-2012)