+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OM View Post
    Define Anti-vax (what are these majority people you refer to)? It could be because it's early morning and I've no sleep but I'm not quite understanding who (what type of person) you are referring to as the loud and aggressive anti-vaxxers.

I have to wonder do you mean on here? Cause I've not witnessed more than perhaps 1 or 2 people in my whole time on BH that have been like that. Majority are pro choice on here rather than anti. Actually same for people I know IRL.
    Not aggressive but I recently started following a blog of a BH poster about organic gardening, which had some great gardening stuff, but the poster kept mentioning how she is not like those main****** sheep mums who vaccinate and how people who vaccinate do so because they are ignorant and uneducated!
    I am pro-vax but also pro-choice ITMS. I have a science degree and have done a lot of research from a lot of sources on vaccination. So certainly not 'ignorant' and 'uneducated'. Actually a lot of what that lady had on her website about chemicals and nutrition was scientifically incorrect!

The anti-vaxxers I know IRL are not agressive, however some do a lot of work spreading incorrect information from the AVN etc which is very damaging as I have seen people choose not to vax on that! (Im not saying dont make an educated choice, just dont take the AVN as being correct)
    Last edited by soccer mum; 22-08-2012 at 10:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer mum View Post
    (Im not saying dont make an educated choice, just dont take the AVN as being correct)
    If you decide to vaccinate, or not. It would seem silly to just trust one source for your info anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you decide to vaccinate, or not. It would seem silly to just trust one source for your info anyway
    It would indeed, but MANY people do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    [QUOTE=beebs;6771040]Autoimmune disease was first identified in 1910, well before routine vaccinations were in place. It is proven that VPD's and viruses can trigger autoimmune diseases in the first place and that you can't get autoimmune diseases without the genes.
    QUOTE]

Yep, I agree that wild viruses can contribute to autoimmune disease.

But, it's not actually correct that you must have the relevant genes to have autoimmune disease. It is much more likely if you have the genetic predisposition, but people with none of the relevant genes still do get autoimmune disease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I believe that this is because we haven't figured out all of the genes that are connected with autoimmune disease yet. Scientist still don't know an awful lot about it at this point.

[QUOTE=OurLittleBlessing;6783766]
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Autoimmune disease was first identified in 1910, well before routine vaccinations were in place. It is proven that VPD's and viruses can trigger autoimmune diseases in the first place and that you can't get autoimmune diseases without the genes.
    QUOTE]

Yep, I agree that wild viruses can contribute to autoimmune disease.

But, it's not actually correct that you must have the relevant genes to have autoimmune disease. It is much more likely if you have the genetic predisposition, but people with none of the relevant genes still do get autoimmune disease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    It would indeed, but MANY people do.

Do you have a source to prove that is true

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

I'm not reading the whole thread just wanted to pop in and say gotta love those google medical degrees out there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It isn't about even about believing one source, if you looked at 50 different sources and one of them was AVN I'd still think you were quackers. Sorry - but I have been reading what Meryl Dorey writes for years, she is certified nuts and I am seriously surprised that she hasn't been sectioned at this point. The stuff she comes out with is just not normal And yet people pay her money and give her a platform to talk in public. She may as well be one of those people with the "the End is nigh" signs on her front.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Do you have a source to prove that is true
    Personal experience both on here and in real life. The amount of people who've read one piece published by the avn and then quoted it back as fact is astonishing and scary!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It stinks. I think vaccination should be made compulsory, except on medical conditions.

Imagine if we had seen the diseases that wiped out whole communities/cities hundreds of years ago. I wonder if those people would have said "no thanks, it leaves red swelling on my kids arm" if they were offered a vaccine for the plague.

It affects the whole community, not just those that choose not to vax. Vaccinated kids still have a small chance of catching the disease, but if the disease was eradicated through vaccination, then they wouldnt be at risk at all.