+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    All I do is link correct information, studies and facts on here. People can read it or not as they choose. There is so much misinformation and scare mongering around this issue.

I think the difference between you and me is a bit more than that, I use scientific evidence and fact to make decisions about vaccinations. You use gut feelings. I am not trying to change your mind on it, I just don't agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    I'm not a "non vaxxer" so your opinion on the subject is not relevant to me. I'm not trying to change anyone's views - I think that's the difference between you and me on this subject.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I use both actually, the government literature is quite helpful for any vaccination related decision. You make a lot of assumptions about people, beebs.

I agree it is helpful to post facts but you get so angry (or passionate?) about the subject it makes it difficult to view your posts as objective.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You said you go by your instinct. That is what I was referring too. I get annoyed absolutely. But not sure where you are getting that I am angry?? I haven't done any angry posts on here lately? I was angry the other day in the smacking smacking thread

I use both actually, the government literature is quite helpful for any vaccination related decision. You make a lot of assumptions about people, beebs.

I agree it is helpful to post facts but you get so angry (or passionate?) about the subject it makes it difficult to view your posts as objective.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Coeliac has been around long before the current vaccine schedule, and many people have or had it, and even more have it and don't realise.

Autoimmune triggers are thought to be disease, stress and environmental. To say that it is vaccines seems a little naive to me, and to say that you feel you can somehow lessen the changes by not vaxxing seems odd, because by getting a VPD it can be triggered. So really - it is a catch 22. Except that there is no evidence showing that vaccines can trigger autoimmune disease.
    I didn't say it was caused by the vaccine, merely saying they are currently researching it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellibean View Post
    Really? Make up your own interpretation of what I said. I think most people would draw only one conclusion.
    Unvaxed is unvaxed, do you think unvaxed-by-choice citizens should remain home, or all the unvaxed of our society? You were pretty unclear on that and I would hate to assume wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    borntobe said she thought the was a correlation, and you had said there was a study being done. It was a general reply, my own musings, it wasn't directed at either of you really, just thinking out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I didn't say it was caused by the vaccine, merely saying they are currently researching it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    borntobe said she thought the was a correlation, and you had said there was a study being done. It was a general reply, my own musings, it wasn't directed at either of you really, just thinking out loud.
    Ok, you quoted me, so I thought you might have read it wrong. Like I said, it's in the family, I don't have it and am the only one fully vaxed at the time. Well, my mum was, but symptoms were happening well before she had the shots as an adult. My nephew is just 1 and showing symptoms yet is not old enough to have had all the childhood vaxes now. But I guess they have a reason for looking into it.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Beebs,

I think you are mostly one of the most objective (yet passionate) pro vaxxers on here. These threads usually always end up a bit messy but I have seen a few lately that are pretty diplomatic and both sides trying to see each others side.

At the end of the day we are all trying to do what is best for our kids so its hard not to get riled up sometimes - that goes for both sides.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-08-2012),beebs  (17-08-2012),BornToBe  (17-08-2012),Leens  (22-08-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't go as far as saying the enemy. THey are to blame for the rise in vaccine preventable diseases. It has been proven. I don't understand, if you are going to not vax, then at least accept that it comes with responsibility. You can't just bury your head in the sand and pretend that when lots of people don't vax it doesn't change things. Because it does
    this!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So is it scientifically impossible to prove/disprove any link between autoimmune disorders and vaccination?

Whoops, I'd better rephrase this to distinguish between CORRELATION (link) and CAUSATION (cause). Is it scientifically impossible to prove any CAUSATION between autoimmune disorders, and vaccine use?
    Sorry to butt in on this most interesting thread, I just wanted to point out that correlation does not mean that there is a "link". it refers to a statistical relationship between two variables. Just because there is a statistical relationship does not mean that there is any kind of "link".

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (18-08-2012),beebs  (20-08-2012)